Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Don't Be A Sluggard (1) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Don't Be A Sluggard (1) (811 Views)

2023: Don't Be Deceived By Fake Promises, Okowa Tells Nigerians / "Don't Be Like Nikola Kalinic" / Don't Be Suprise That Only 24 Students Passed NECO In Zamfara. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be A Sluggard (1) by Btruth: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2018
Don't Be A Sluggard (1)

Tuesday, 24 April 2018

'Go to the ant, you sluggard!' Proverbs 6:6 NKJV

What exactly is a sluggard? Robert Hicks says, ‘Feeling we’re entitled to things without being willing to do the necessary labour to obtain them makes us a society of sluggards.’ There’s one thing you’ll never convince the sluggard of: that he’s a sluggard. ‘The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.’ (Proverbs 26:16 NKJV) Even if seven wise men tell him he’s lazy, he will not admit it—no matter if he’s outnumbered seven to one. You can tell a sluggard, but you can’t tell him much.

‘The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands refuse to labour.’ (Proverbs 21:25 NKJV) A sluggard’s two favourite words are ‘one day’. You can hear him or her saying, ‘One day I’m going to hit it big.’ Or, ‘One day I’m going to own my own business.’ Or, ‘One day I’m going to…’ (you fill in the blank)! He or she always has an excuse as to why they can’t work.

That’s the meaning of Solomon’s statement: ‘The way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns, but the way of the upright is a highway.’ (Proverbs 15:19 NKJV) When the sluggard looks out the front door of life, he doesn’t see a highway of opportunity, he only sees one big briar patch. Benjamin Franklin was right when he said, ‘I never knew a man who was good at making excuses, who was good at anything else.’ Bottom line: the sluggard would rather make an excuse than make a living. So the word for you today is: don’t be a sluggard!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Creative Ways To Get Rid Of Ants. / My Thought Today About Osun Re-run -barr Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq / Uniuyo Cult Clash --- One Person Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.