Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 (10267 Views)

My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by tiwatayo04(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
I've been a silence follower of this group learnt alot within the short time i joined my interview yesterday goes thus. Myself, wife and daugther

VO : Good morning
Me & Wife: Morning
VO : passport pls
ME: Slipped in our passport
VO : Relationship
ME: Family
VO : Where are you going in US
ME: my wife and daughter birthday falls in April and i promised taking them on vacation to Virginia to give them a special treat VO cut me short
VO : oh really so what do you do
ME: I work with xyz company bla bla as a sales manager bla bla
VO : How long have ou been working in the company
ME: 8yrs
VO : how long are you staying in Virginia
ME: 17 days
VO : Madam what do you do
Wife: I work with xyz foundation as xyz and xyz and also Lagos state coordinator of bla bla
VO : how long have you been working there
wife: 4 yrs
VO : Is this your only child
Me & Wife: Chrous yes she is our only child
VO : any travel experience
ME: International no but we have traveled together as a family
VO : was just typing and staring at his system for like 20/30 seconds next thing was to return our passport with their yeye blue paper and said ya not qualified for visa now

My wife was almost crying cuz we both responded well to all the questions asked but i strongly believe its bcuz we have no travel experience though this is my fourth appearance but 1st as a family.

Thinking of going to Dubai for a week and later reapply by August cuz our intention is to deliver our second child in America.

What do you think house. Your advises most welcome

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by hadjipapiey(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by madridguy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
You should have come out plain with the VO.
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by mrtomola(m): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
That US embassy naa something else these days. I was rejected twice last year despite two different countries previous Visa on my passport. Then I quit trying and gave up on going to America.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by divinehand2003(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
Try again and again, never give up
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by bizza45: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
going to us ain't compulsory ... there are other countries u can try expect Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan...

14 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Last year, my dad's interview was scheduled on the 11th of September. Needless to say, they refused him a visa outrightly.

Europe is a better option sir, America is overrated.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by chigoziri2403(m): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
Tinapa is an ideal tourist location, with lots of white men there, don't worry your children won't know the difference and it might save your money

didnt trump warn you guys to stay back in your shithole

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by chukxie(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
Don't be discouraged. Keep trying. Obtaining visas in Nigeria to developed countries has become very difficult. The reason is because Nigeria is seen as a messed up country where almost everyone is running away from. If our leaders can fix Nigeria up for once, and improve the standard of living of Nigerians to a significantly high level, embassies in Nigeria would be granting visas to Nigerians with very little or no hassles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by tabithababy(f): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
hadjipapiey:
cheesy

Witch sad
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by hadjipapiey(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
tabithababy:

Witch sad

Wizwitch tongue
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by oshobugie22: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
It’s not a must you visit that country na

Leave dem alone and try other destinations
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by cassidy1996(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
I was at the embassy last December, before I answer my name the thin Oyinbo woman don draw out the blue paper. e pain me nor be small....

I blame my bad government, Nigeria politicians don't too fall this country hand.
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Beautyaddy: 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
From your post it's shows that one of your hidden plans was for your wife to give birth in the US for citizenship but use the visiting visa as a cover-up.

Either way, you may as well try Canada...they also give citizenship by birth.

tiwatayo04:
I've been a silence follower of this group learnt alot within the short time i joined my interview yesterday goes thus. Myself, wife and daugther

ME: my wife and daughter birthday falls in April and i promised taking them on vacation to Virginia to give them a special treat VO cut me short
Wife: I work with xyz foundation as xyz and xyz and also Lagos state coordinator of bla bla
VO : was just typing and staring at his system for like 20/30 seconds next thing was to return our passport with their yeye blue paper and said ya not qualified for visa now

My wife was almost crying cuz we both responded well to all the questions asked but i strongly believe its bcuz we have no travel experience though this is my fourth appearance but 1st as a family.

Thinking of going to Dubai for a week and later reapply by August cuz our intention is to deliver our second child in America.

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by AgentGoat: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
Na the blue paper dey make me laff grin grin
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by YankeeJJC(m): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
tiwatayo04:

u.k not Dubai. They will still deny u.
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by HeWrites(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
cassidy1996:
I was at the embassy last December, before I answer my name the thin Oyinbo woman don draw out the blue paper. e pain me nor be small....

I blame my bad government, Nigeria politicians don't too fall this country hand.

grin
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by rex444(m): 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
If that embassy was built for people like me,we go use am run poultry,ask first bank wey dey near my area

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by maclatunji: 1:18am On Apr 25, 2018
Obviously the Visa Officer saw through the lies you told OP. Perhaps saw your wife is pregnant?
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by moyeb: 1:45am On Apr 25, 2018
tiwatayo04:

Hello Tiwatayo,
We share similar experience when I first got to the US embassy with my wife and son in 2015.Then I had travelled to Italy and some european countries on my own but my wife and son had a virgin passport with no international tavel experience.The VO asked if we had travelled together as a family and we said No.Next thing he told us that we werent qualified for the visa.Knowing the reason we were denied the visa,the following weeks I prepared our documents and applied for a South African Visa which we got.we travelled to Cape Town for 2weeks in october,2015.
By Sept of 2016,we reapplied for the US visa.My wife was already 2months pregnant.We got there and it didnt take so much questioning the visa was given to us.
My advice,take a family trip somewhere.Reapply again.By the way,Prepare yourself very well concerning your wifes pregnancy cos it could be one reason you'd be denied again.Make your intentions clear.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by gees101(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
bizza45:
going to us ain't compulsory ... there are other countries u can try expect Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan...
go there with your family
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by bizza45: 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
gees101:
go there with your family
re-read what I wrote ... cos I know ur brain is under your shoes

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by ashawopikin(m): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2018
it depend on the mood wey the VO dey, if they are in good mood, some wont ask much question
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
They considered your job too. Sales Managers in most companies don't earn up to 200k
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Stancima(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2018
The VO feels you do not have enough ties to Nigeria to guarantee your return. This must have been prompted by your monthly earning and job profile especially given that you intend to leave with your family.
The rule is that you must prove as a non-immigrant visa applicant that you do not have an immigrant intent.
I will encourage you not to give up on the idea of taking your wife and child for a treat in the US, but ensure your situation changes from what is now before reapplying. Also do not falsify your true situation when feeling out ur DS160. Everything you have stated in ur previous application(s) are documented.

[q
uote author=tiwatayo04 post=66991077]I've been a silence follower of this group learnt alot within the short time i joined my interview yesterday goes thus. Myself, wife and daugther

[/quote]
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Stancima(m): 8:02am On Apr 26, 2018
Do not make any falsification when 'FILLING OUT' and not 'FEELING OUT' pls

author=Stancima post=67038608]The VO feels you do not have enough ties to Nigeria to guarantee your return. This must have been prompted by your monthly earning and job profile especially given that you intend to leave with your family.
The rule is that you must prove as a non-immigrant visa applicant that you do not have an immigrant intent.
I will encourage you not to give up on the idea of taking your wife and child for a treat in the US, but ensure your situation changes from what is now before reapplying. Also do not falsify your true situation when feeling out ur DS160. Everything you have stated in ur previous application(s) are documented.

[q
uote author=tiwatayo04 post=66991077]I've been a silence follower of this group learnt alot within the short time i joined my interview yesterday goes thus. Myself, wife and daugther

[/quote]
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by gees101(m): 1:06pm On May 08, 2018
bizza45:

what can i say to a fool?
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by gees101(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2018
bizza45:

what can i say to a fool!hmmm
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 29, 2018
madridguy:
You should have come out plain with the VO.

Wetin this one day talk?
Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 29, 2018
chukxie:
Don't be discouraged. Keep trying. Obtaining visas in Nigeria to developed countries has become very difficult. The reason is because Nigeria is seen as a messed up country where almost everyone is running away from. If our leaders can fix Nigeria up for once, and improve the standard of living of Nigerians to a significantly high level, embassies in Nigeria would be granting visas to Nigerians with very little or no hassles.

You get sense jor! You show say u go school. but me sha i wont stay in Naija sha.. ita yaf taya me!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The US Embassy Yesterday 23/04/2018 by chukxie(m): 2:19pm On May 29, 2018
gimakon:

You get sense jor! You show say u go school. but me sha i wont stay in Naija sha.. ita yaf taya me!

Me don comot tey tey since 2004. grin but I dey enter once once.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gold In Nigeria / Lagos To Divert Traffic At Stadium For Today's World Cup Qualifying Match / Allied Air Cargo Crashes In Ghana Kills 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.