Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

"Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters (2526 Views)

Fayose Replies ‘haters’, Says I’m On Medical Check Up Not Admission / Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" / Bayo Omoboriowo Changes Twitter Bio To "Freelance Photographer" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Kustin(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2018
Some of you women get a heartbreak, say you dated someone who ruined your wig and you come out of the relationship and declare yourself a feminist. That's why you don't know the first thing about feminism. Everything for you is about man vs woman...a war. But you won't even read. You're not humble enough to read. You just want to be a feminist, like the tag earns you an extra cup as jara when you buy gari in the market. Shut up, be humble, and read.

1 Like

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 6:03am On Apr 25, 2018
dinachi:

And a man like you is supporting a woman who thinks that the word wife is demeaning for an accomplished woman?

May you not marry the monster you are trying to create!

When I realized how silly most young men of nowadays are was when I saw some young men cheering and supporting an abrasive lady like ceecee. Truly, you are lost!

Are you sure your read the whole thing? Because I can't seems to fine where she said the word ' wife' is demeaning. Maybe you should read again
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 6:11am On Apr 25, 2018
kimbraa:
LOL. From Chimamanda's viewpoint, Hillary is an achiever and in fact amongst the great women in the world. Other words could've come first on her bio based on her profile before wife? Note that she didn't say Hillary shouldn't be described as wife but she felt it was kind of demeaning for a woman of her position. Sentiments aside, he's got a valid reason to question Hillary on it. What I don't get is why you all are killing yourselves over a conversation she had with Hillary and got the answers she desired? Did the woman complain?

You have said it all. No matter how you try to explain they will deliberately choose to be bitter. Just let them be.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by aljharem(m): 6:12am On Apr 25, 2018
MrRichmond:
The guy above me has said the bitter truth.
Feminism is a curse
It has never been about gender equality, it is all about superiority.
Any man that falls for this bull$hit doesn't have a brain
Gbam !!!!!
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by aljharem(m): 6:13am On Apr 25, 2018
dealslip:
Wow! Everyone just believes they have the wisdom to tell others how to live their lives. Ms Clinton and Adichie are both adults and very strong and influential women. Can people just respect the conversation they had with each other? They are both feminist and understand perfectly what they are talking about. I see a lot of young men here infuriated by Ms Adichie's response/comments, it is high time they understood that been an ambitious or out spoken woman doesn't mean that such women don't have respect for institutions like marriage. Wisdom or strong opinion about such controversial topics are not necessarily the reserve of men. Women equally go through the rigours of life too and even more, so thinking they can't have strong opinions on things like marriage or women right or things that really affect them is tantamount to been sidelined from your own life. BTW in our citadels of learning all over no one gives less complicated exam questions to women. They are treated equally and subjected to the same rigours of recruitment and are expected to same standards in work place policies, why should women then take a back seat in the affairs of their own lives. It is high time we realise that human beings whether male or female are vessels that contain a soul, mental faculty and a spirit and such abstracts are neither male or female. The hormones that make a woman grow breast is different from what makes a man grow beard. It doesn't mean they are subservient to each they just play different roles. Why arguing over the consequence of hormonal activities and not the mental activities.

Mrs not Ms
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by geez18(m): 6:25am On Apr 25, 2018
Mrs Clinton is proud being the "wife" of president Clinton! i don know what this Adiche woman wants? maybe she is promulgating the expunging of that word "wife" from the english lexicon?

those who champion feminism should thoroughly understand that feminism is a choice first, before it becomes a way of life. if Mrs Clinton has chosen to grace her twitter handle with the appendage "wife", i don't see why anybody should be upset about that? it is her choice! moreover, that is what she is, a wife, a man's wife!

what do women want? what do women like Adiche want? to not be called a "wife"? Adiche should not have gotten married since she finds the word "wife" repulsive?

feminism is truly showing itself to be a catastrophe in the making; all with exhibitions like these, from one of its champion spokesperson.

3 Likes

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by newbornmacho(m): 6:33am On Apr 25, 2018
scribble:
So happy to be on stage talking to hillary

Its because of moronic statements like this that hillary lost and a woman may never win for time to come

Women are gr8 pretenders, always forming innocent

Chimamanda u have time 2 read comments when u are not busy tumble drying ur husbands dirty boxers or receiving an award in oxford. U will probz read dis 1 cos u sooo vain about what we are saying about you. Lol. Its natural dear. Own it.

U are accomplished but this table u are shaking, u sef stand on top am

As african woman wey u be, u suppose know say wife na achievement

Or why did u marry?

Btw chimamanda u didnt have to elucidate, we could see through your BS with just the headlines and the snippets

Just because u can write a good book doesnt mean u can do secret service code easter egg hiding in ur daily life

U r a band and a celeb and u were absorbd by the public who understand ur thinking because som of us hv brains too. Some too laxy to read or write, true. But many still dey understand. Nobodys criticism of u was wrong. stop forcing this ur warped world view on everybody. We dont want that lifestyle. We want relationships beforw achievements as hillary tried to explain to u.

Hillary wrote wife because she thought it will help her campaign.

U admire bill clinton and hillary clinton friendship

A man that bust his nut on an interns face in the oval office while dropping bombs in the middle east and his wife was out there asking people to jail super predators aka negros

U must be as sick as she is
Nice....really good writing.

1 Like

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by OFFICIAL336: 6:34am On Apr 25, 2018
dinachi:

And a man like you is supporting a woman who thinks that the word wife is demeaning for an accomplished woman?

May you not marry the monster you are trying to create!

When I realized how silly most young men of nowadays are was when I saw some young men cheering and supporting an abrasive lady like ceecee. Truly, you are lost!
Like Amanda said, try to understand the context before jumping into conclusion.

Lazy yoot.
Only a man with low self esteem is threatened by the word "feminism".
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 25, 2018
This is what happens when you don't have a man to make you cum as much as you want and you don't wanna do girls. You become frustrated just like this lost soul.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by dealslip(f): 6:58am On Apr 25, 2018
aljharem:

Mrs not Ms
Lol! Ms is used to address married or unmarried women. It is used to address women generally. Miss is what is reserved for unmarried women.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 25, 2018
dealslip:

Lol! Ms is used to address married or unmarried women. It is used to address women generally. Miss is what is reserved for unmarried women.
Ms is used to address women whose marriage status is unknown. You don't use Ms for married women.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by dinachi(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2018
kimbraa:
LOL. From Chimamanda's viewpoint, Hillary is an achiever and in fact amongst the great women in the world. Other words could've come first on her bio based on her profile before wife? Note that she didn't say Hillary shouldn't be described as wife but she felt it was kind of demeaning for a woman of her position. Sentiments aside, he's got a valid reason to question Hillary on it. What I don't get is why you all are killing yourselves over a conversation she had with Hillary and got the answers she desired? Did the woman complain?
If you remember correctly, I was simply advising a man like me not to support those who are experts in questioning other women's decisions as regards their marriage. As for complaining, did Hillary tell you that she enjoyed the conversation? Is it not the same ameebo (Chinamanda Adichie)that wrote everything?

For those who still retain their thinking caps, Chinamanda just made a major dig against marriage. Those who know, know. Now tell me what word is more important than wife to an accomplished married woman?
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by dealslip(f): 7:47am On Apr 25, 2018
Cretaceous:

Ms is used to address women whose marriage status is unknown. You don't use Ms for married women.
That is one of the reasons it is used for not the only reason. It is used to address women generally mostly Americans.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by dinachi(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Like Amanda said, try to understand the context before jumping into conclusion.

Lazy yoot.
Only a man with low self esteem is threatened by the word "feminism".
I never mentioned feminism in my response. But like a lost soul you have to mention it to shore up your low self esteem! Read my submissions from the beginning. I was simply advising a fellow man on his view point, not assumed feminists like you. I will never marry any woman who feels that the word wife should not be given due honor. It simply proves to me the value one has on her marriage. Those who feel that accomplishments are more important than marital relationships are not worthy to be called wives. Take it anyway you like it.

2 Likes

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by saarumann: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2018
Useful idiot in America. What ever rocks her boat.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Shukusheka(m): 8:02am On Apr 25, 2018
kimbraa:
But it isn't demeaning for a man of Obama's position, who is a bigger achiever than Hillary to have the words "dad" & "husband" come first on his profile?

How come no one has made a fuss about it all this while or considered it inappropriate?

1 Like

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by maclatunji: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2018
When did Hilary divorce Bill Clinton to become Ms. Clinton instead of Mrs.?
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by ashjay001(m): 8:41am On Apr 25, 2018
dinachi:

You are still shooting blanks! She(Hillary Clinton) made the choice to have her first label as wife. What does Chinamanda care? She can decide to bellittle her marital vows and her husband( that's her business) but trying to imply as she did that the word wife should not be another accomplished woman's first label is completely silly. Those who value the family system value the word wife those who don't find it demeaning. Chinamanda can bleat for all I care but for you a man to be rooting for that kind of mindset baffles me. Honestly, you don't know what you are supporting just like ceecee supporters have no clue about the devil they were unleashing by supporting her!

For ur info, I don't even fancy her, Chi. I've never read any of her books, n av read a lot! of books. The synopsis of her books, i've read, doesnt speak to me.

Doesn't stop me from appreciating any truth from her.

U n I, can agree to disagree! A "wife", is not d first thing that comes to my mind, when I hear/see d name "Hillary Clinton"! She is an inspiration, especially, to women from less civilised regions of our world. I believe, in d emancipation of all humans, mostly, women, who are treated as 2nd class citizens, world over.

We're all born equal!
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by OFFICIAL336: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
dinachi:

I never mentioned feminism in my response. But like a lost soul you have to mention it to shore up your low self esteem! Read my submissions from the beginning. I was simply advising a fellow man on his view point, not assumed feminists like you. I will never marry any woman who feels that the word wife should not be given due honor. It simply proves to me the value one has on her marriage. Those who feel that accomplishments are more important than marital relationships are not worthy to be called wives. Take it anyway you like it.
Low self esteem? Lol

You must be really pained.

I am a feminist, kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by DerideGull(m): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
This Chimamanda Adichie comes across as a counterfeit.
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by Organs(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
dinachi:

I have and she is not making any sense at all. Most of you are just star struck. You are not using your senses! That woman has just taken another major jab at marriages and you are just supporting her naïvely!

Excellent point "Dinachi". They take "feminism" to another level and its all about comparison.
Also, @Kimbra, i'll say go watch the video of the interview again. I think you did not get the "gist" of it. She said she saw "wife" and she looked at Bills and saw, Founder or Chairman, Clinton Foundation... Also, this was asked in the context of her Marriage, love life family etc, so, Yes, she made achievements more important than marriages, relationships etc.....
Re: "Wife" On Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio: Chimamanda Adichie Replies Haters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
Adichie searching Twitter Bios of famous women

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwarans Mock Davido Over Failed Free Show In Ilorin / Fear Grows Over Attempt To Re-arrest IPOB Leader, Kanu, During Mother’s Burial / Cracks In Tinubu’s Camp Widens Over Cold War Between Fashola,osinbajo Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.