Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison (29629 Views)

INEC Withdraws Peter Nwaoboshi's Certificate Of Return / Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Arrested, Detained By EFCC / "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by goshen26: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
Politics actor and actress....

Presidency: act like you are at fault, we will arrest and detain you
Senator: abeg, make e no tey oooo
Presidency: walahi, e no go tey

Doing all this towards the end of their tenure to gain the hearts of Nigerians of their anti corruption campaign...

God safe Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Wawaman: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Charly68:
Justice should be done on every criminal matter no matter who is involved . Honorable men should live up to their names..If the man has no case to answer nobody would have arrested him
in as much as ï am against corruption. what about thé former SSG. Is hé à free man now ?

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by daviefm(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
bennexboy:
Pending charges shouldn't be a ground for opposing a bail application. I mean Bail isn't discharge or acquittal. Unless recourse was being made to the political undertones, that application ought to have been granted immediately without having the to remand the Senator in Prison custody till Friday.

LAWYER THE LAWYER
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Akpa133(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
One by one they will all enter kuje

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by keneck1: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
Drnice:
oga, park well there! where are other past leaders who should be arrested? see you, see corruption. this is a symptom of "abuse of power" & not fighting corruption. plz, dont quote me cos my ink 4 here don finish.
oga park well the fight must start from somewhere ok,i p hope you got it ok.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by vertueptime: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
sammyj:
grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked grin grin grin Going forward this Sinator should be known as Ex-convict and is not worthy of entering the hallowed chambers!!! grin grin grin

Hea remanded no convicted
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Dunod(m): 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2018
Nawa 4 EFCC o. Can a pending application be a ground to oppose bail application? Although bail is at d discretion of d court. But such discretion should be exercised judicially n judiciously. I don't see reasons y d court should keep him till Friday. Sha.....na Naija we dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by biggy26: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
Purewatermeji:
May God bless Buhari for all these sincere corruption fight and May Allah reward him with second term so he can take us to the promise land
What did he do to d grass cutter? Deceiving yourselves!
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Barzinime(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
One of the wisest comments i have read on NL

Keep it up bro

Let educate them on the mistake they are about to make.

cos most of them just follow what a pained thieving politician tells them
Don27tiky:
Nigerians don't be deceived. Politicians are now using bloodshed as a campaign tool. Though Buhari is too old to be our president now but we must be careful else we will end up electing those killing our people to discredit this government. I don't believe Buhari is behind the killings to give his regime a bad name. We must rise up to say no to politics of bloodshed
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by SirBunky85(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Well what can I say everybody is experiencing change
d senators has pushed buhari to the limit and all dese are d outcome. dey thought dat pmb couldn't play d obj style of politics and have always dared pmb.even obj won't put his mouth for dis matter like dis.senator anyanwu and his stupid ethics crew should tread carefully now cuz,dey might be d next and most of dia perceived comrades will abandon den to dia fate.abaribe shud also minimize how he talks and raises motion for the impeachment of pmb cuz,it seems,buhari no dey laugh like dis

3 Likes

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
Buhari wins my vote already
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by SirBunky85(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the remand of Senator Peter Nwaoboshi of Delta state to Ikoyi Prison.

This development follows the arraignment of the senator by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over allegations of fraud.

Nwaoboshi who represents Delta North district at the National Assembly, was arraigned by the anti-graft agency on Wednesday on two counts of fraud.

PoliticsNGR learnt that the Presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Idris ordered that the lawmaker be remanded in prison till Friday when a ruling would be given on whether or not to admit him to bail.

Counsel to Senator Nwaboshi had asked the court to grant his client bail on self-recognisance, but the EFCC opposed the bail application; informing the court that there were still pending charges against the lawmaker.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-court-sends-serving-pdp-senator-prison-full-story/

dey've pushed pmb to his elastic limit and now dey shut brace up for anything he throws at dem.u don't dare one with power when u know dat he has sth to pin u down.most saraki loyalists have cases of corruption hanging on dem but dey won't play with dia number 6.anyanwu of d ethics committee shud be careful now together with abaribe who always calls for f impeachment of pmb.now dat he's bn remanded in prison,what can saraki do abt it dan to still run to same executives for soft landing? it seems pmb has gotten some advise from obj on how to deal with d senators
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by kareemkamil(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hmm, red chamber are in full of hudlums & bounch of criminals
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by JAWBONE(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the remand of Senator Peter Nwaoboshi of Delta state to Ikoyi Prison.

This development follows the arraignment of the senator by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over allegations of fraud.

Nwaoboshi who represents Delta North district at the National Assembly, was arraigned by the anti-graft agency on Wednesday on two counts of fraud.

PoliticsNGR learnt that the Presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Idris ordered that the lawmaker be remanded in prison till Friday when a ruling would be given on whether or not to admit him to bail.

Counsel to Senator Nwaboshi had asked the court to grant his client bail on self-recognisance, but the EFCC opposed the bail application; informing the court that there were still pending charges against the lawmaker.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-court-sends-serving-pdp-senator-prison-full-story/

Buhari is fighting corruption but he illegally withdrew $462m, we have not still heard about missing $25bn. There is a difference between fighting corruption and silencing your enemies. Victor Ochei formerly of the PDP now in the APC is walking free after the billions he stole. The number one disrespecter of court rulings and violator of human rights should know that by now, Nigeria already knows his true colours and send him #BackToDaura2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by olapink: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
good one. jail this saraki bodyguard. since u became a sintator, we ve not seen one thing u did for ur people of anioma. Rather u were forming bodyguard to saraki during his case with cct. was saraki there with u when the court ordered u to b remanded in prison? peter and dino who were always in d front when ever saraki is going for his trial back then re now romancing with prison, why saraki is still sitting in d chamber saying d nays have it. what an irony.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by SirBunky85(m): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

dey thought dat omo-agege was a pushover when dey illegally suspended him cuz he supported pmb.now,dey are running helter skelter,and haven't known peace since dat d suspension .d senate forgot dat in terms effective implantation of power,dey don't stand any chance against the executive and dey have bn doing as it pleases dem.now,pmb has awoken from his slumber and wants to borrow a leaf from obj ,dey senators shut just brace up and face anything dat d executives throw at dem.even most"supposed"saraki loyalists will start behaving well now.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by SirBunky85(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
Afam4eva:
They are dealing with all those loyal to Saraki. The road to the 2019 presidential election will be interesting.
same way saraki,dino and anyanwu have bn dealing pmbs loyalists and running d senate like dia exclusive family inheritance.my friend once said dat ,there's some extent u will provoke a dumb and he will be forced to speak.pmb has bn too soft on dis evil caucus in d senate and dey mistook it to be cowardice on d part of pmb.now,he has bn pushed to the wall by d suspension of omo agege and since den he has showed dem just a little of his executive powers wch obj once referred to as enormous. let dem deal with it

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by SirBunky85(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
Xisnin:
The purpose of remanding suspect is to prevent them from fleeing,
when it is certain that a suspect can't flee, remanding them is foolish,
no wonder 70% of Nigerian inmates are awaiting trial when they should be coming from home.
u are correct but in dis nwaoboshi own,its just to show the senate dat d executive has more powers Dan they thought and to also humiliate the senators cuz,remanding a senator of the federal republic in a prison is too humiliating.even dino envisaged dat he might be humiliated by being paraded with suspects in lokoja hence his jumping from d police van

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Akpuoru: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
Saraki and co have just finished seeing Dino in the hospital. Next is a courtesy call to Peter in prison. It's all part of their job descriptions.
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by blazer2018: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Don27tiky:
Nigerians don't be deceived. Politicians are now using bloodshed as a campaign tool. Though Buhari is too old to be our president now but we must be careful else we will end up electing those killing our people to discredit this government. I don't believe Buhari is behind the killings to give his regime a bad name. We must rise up to say no to politics of bloodshed

Exactly...I was telling someone that if we let those who are sponsoring these killings to have their way, it will spell doom for the country in the future...Imagine a set of people sponsoring killings around the country to discredit an administration so as to snatch power from it; if they succeed, another set will try it again in the future and it will become a trend.

My only misgiving is how the govt of the day is not throwing everything at these terrorists to stop their nefarious act.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by byteem: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
I LOVE THIS .. I ACTUALLY SAW THIS COMING .. LET THE EXECUTIVE SHOW THEM SEGEE...WITH MOST OF THEM HAVING EFCC ISSUES AND WITH SOME BEHIND BARS .. MAYBE NOW THE WILL LEARN NOT TO BE LAP DOGS BUT ACTUALLY DO THE REAL JOB OF CHECKMATING THE EXECUTIVE..

MAYBE NOW SOME OF THEM WILL BE LIKE AM TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT AND BACK OFF TO ENJOY THEIR LOOT FOR FRESH BLOOD TO COME IN..

PLEASE EFCC LOCK THEM ALL UP.. BUNCH OF THIEVING OLD FOOLS .. LET THEM FIGHT EACH OTHER..

MORE MOVIES TO COME.. ITS CALLED POLITICS..
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Franzinni: 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Purewatermeji:
May God bless Buhari for all these sincere corruption fight and May Allah reward him with second term so he can take us to the promise land
if the criminals name ended with Abdullah or Muhammad... The law will become powerless...

It's good he is punished for his crime but why haven't we seen even one Muslim going to jail...
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by lordkay10(m): 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2018
Don27tiky:
Most sensible nairalander

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by jimts(m): 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
lordkay10:

Most sensible nairalander

I was about saying the same.

Anyone (even if na me) who has bad records of financial embezzlement in today's political arena will not want any government to function. This is common sense. That is why they keep pushing to distract us the youth from seeing what should actually be our concern.

See, whether they like it or yes, Nigeria will eventually rise above these insane climes and we the youth (the serious minded ones though) have the physical and mental capacity to oust any one in the government so long as he/she is pulling the nation backward. And there shall come a time when politicians with sinister political intentions and questionable financial records will not be able to sleep in this country with two eyes closed lest they flee...

I love my country, sinking or swimming!

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by surgical: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
Afam4eva:
They are dealing with all those loyal to Saraki. The road to the 2019 presidential election will be interesting.
That is what happened when you don't take the fight to your enemy the senate had so many opportunity to remove buhari but was playing to the gallery
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by cyrilamx(m): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2018
Have you ever asked the police to release apprehended robbers simply because others or more notorious robbery king pins re still at large? I think reasoning along your line, the police shouldn't arrest armed robbers because their "ogas" are still walking free.
Drnice:
oga, park well there! where are other past leaders who should be arrested? see you, see corruption. this is a symptom of "abuse of power" & not fighting corruption. plz, dont quote me cos my ink 4 here don finish.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Drnice: 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
cyrilamx:
Have you ever asked the police to release apprehended robbers simply because others or more notorious robbery king pins re still at large? I think reasoning along your line, the police shouldn't arrest armed robbers because their "ogas" are still walking free.
going by your thought, arresting a sitting senator, is right this time? i rest my case, 4 ur kwanteri.
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by cyrilamx(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
If a sitting senator has a case to answer in relation to graft, why won't he be arrested. Abi is he fashioned differently from the ordinary Nigerians lynched daily or incarcerated for stealing phones or indomie?
Drnice:
going by your thought, arresting a sitting senator, is right this time? i rest my case, 4 ur kwanteri.
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

Gimmicks.
Re: Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison by Drnice: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
cyrilamx:
If a sitting senator has a case to answer in relation to graft, why won't he be arrested. Abi is he fashioned differently from the ordinary Nigerians lynched daily or incarcerated for stealing phones or indomie?
International Law, If I'm Right. A Sitting Senator Has Imunity Just Like The Executives until he's out of office. Stop Here! Nigerians Should Deal With That, Their Case, Their Problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi, Ekweremadu As Running Mat / Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down / John Godson,Nigerian-Born Polish Legislator Visits His Hometown (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.