Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary (6447 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Nwaforj44: 4:29am On Apr 26, 2018
Diamond Bank Plc has signed a share sale and purchase agreement with a member of GFG Alliance, for the disposal of its entire shareholding in its international subsidiary, Diamond Bank (UK) Plc.

The disposal was in line with the bank’s objective of streamlining its operations to focus resources on the significant opportunities in the Nigerian retail banking market.

The transaction followed the bank’s divestment from its West African business, Diamond Bank S.A., which was completed in November 2017.

A statement posted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) website explained that the Bank and GFG Alliance were committed to, and are pursuing a quick completion of the transaction subject to approval of the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority who regulate banking business in the United Kingdom.

Commenting on the transaction, Diamond Bank’s CEO Uzoma Dozie said: “Diamond Bank’s strategic objective is to be the fastest growing, and most profitable technology-driven retail banking franchise in Nigeria.

“This strategic intent requires the bank to optimise the use of its resources which means, where necessary, divesting from its non-core assets, and focusing on the priority area, namely Nigerian retail banking.”

“The bank has laid the foundation for growth in Nigeria with acquisition of over 15 million customers, many of whom are owning bank accounts for the first time.

“The Nigerian market has vast potential due to its strong fundamentals, including millions of people who are either underbanked or unbanked, and changing lifestyles that favour the use of mobile devices to complete multiple financial transactions at the consumer’s convenience.

“This is also underpinned by significant economic potential driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growing culture of innovation.
“Moreover, by harnessing technology and fostering a digitally led approach, thebank will have further positive impact on the overall development of the financial system, and the Nigerian economy in general,” he added.

According to Dozie, the sale of the international subsidiaries were not expected to cause service disruptions for the bank’s customers located around the world as they can continue to enjoy enhanced and convenient banking services through the bank’s digital channels.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/diamond-bank-divests-fully-from-uk.html

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2018
Nice One Diamond Bank
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by maticdamian(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2018
Pop smoke

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2018
maticdamian:
FTC OMG never thought I could...I dedicate it to my Mum best woman in the world...

Lol tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by funnynation(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2018
Thank God another news dey FP now.. No be BBN news!

#Pray4Benue

AbjFinestMc
1st NL Emoji Boi

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2018
maticdamian:
FTC OMG never thought I could...I dedicate it to my Mum best woman in the world...
What an achievement! !!

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by stevio(m): 7:28am On Apr 26, 2018
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, i think Oxford dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary. like; 
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ nouns: Buhari 1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough. e.g the economy is now Buhari for the masses 2. to complicate, make worse, unbearable. e.g "please don't come and Buharificate issues here". "the only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process. Adjective : e.g how was your exam? it was Buharific! grin

7 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by paranorman(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2018
Hmm
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Edunwa302(m): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2018
stevio:
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, i think Oxford dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary. like; 
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ nouns: Buhari 1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough. e.g the economy is now Buhari for the masses 2. to complicate, make worse, unbearable. e.g "please don't come and Buharificate issues here". "the only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process. Adjective : e.g how was your exam? it was Buharific! grin
Why re buharificing this post

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Drnice: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2018
A bank that request bills to maintain an account. what are you maintaining? The photo, name, or the money? I pity their customers. I Don't bank with GTB, but GTB is the Best Bank in the Zoo(but they've problems too). If you know, you know.
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by debolayinka(m): 7:39am On Apr 26, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol tongue

shocked Nawa ooooo, you denied the guy his dream, and you're still mocking him. shocked
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by yomalex(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2018
nice undecided
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by kitombo: 7:52am On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=stevio post=67038027](Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, i think Oxford dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary. like; 
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ nouns: Buhari 1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough. e.g the economy is now Buhari for the masses 2. to complicate, make worse, unbearable. e.g "please don't come and Buharificate issues here". "the only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process. Adjective : e.g how was your exam? it was Buharific!)

Check Buharism

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2018
Nairaland is corrupt. A blogger who does copy and paste always gets to fp. Imagine
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Macgreat(m): 8:01am On Apr 26, 2018
yeyerolling:
Nairaland is corrupt. A blogger who does copy and paste always gets to fp. Imagine

Is nairaland

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 26, 2018
This bank has not paid dividends more than twice since it went public in 2005. Share price isn't even appreciating to make up for this, bonus shares aren't also declared.
My investment is just yielding nothing far as I know.

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 26, 2018
Go to politics section.

stevio:
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by abdul4new(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2018
Useless and rubbish Bank Diamond Bank is patethic the other day I was in the Bank to demand an answer on why I can't do transaction with AliExpress on my account.To my greatest surprise they told me they have stopped dollars transaction online internationally na so I packed my money go Access Bank and concluded the transaction with AliExpress.
The last time I checked they are having problems with CBN. they prefer to give loans to politicians and money bags than to assist an up coming enterprineur . More than 8years banking with them yet no benefits rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Einl(m): 9:19am On Apr 26, 2018
I hate it when Nigerian companies close their international operations. It's sad.
To compete, you have to be global.
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by goaldynman(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
A bank that request bills to maintain an account. what are you maintaining? The photo, name, or the money? I pity their customers. I Don't bank with GTB, but GTB is the Best Bank in the Zoo(but they've problems too). If you know, you know.

abdul4new:
Useless and rubbish Bank Diamond Bank is patethic the other day I was in the Bank to demand an answer on why I can't do transaction with AliExpress on my account.To my greatest surprise they told me they have stopped dollars transaction online internationally na so I packed my money go Access Bank and concluded the transaction with AliExpress.
The last time I checked they are having problems with CBN. they prefer to give loans to politicians and money bags than to assist an up coming enterprineur . More than 8years banking with them yet no benefits rubbish.

See them! GTB and ACCESS BANK staff stylishly advertising their bank while accusing an innocent bank!

No matter the crap you say, I will still remain with DIAMOND BANK! They might not be the best, but they are definitely and obviously better than GTB and Access Bank!!

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Drnice: 11:21am On Apr 26, 2018
goaldynman:

See them! GTB and ACCESS BANK staff stylishly advertising their bank while accusing an innocent bank!

No matter the crap you say, I will still remain with DIAMOND BANK! They might not be the best, but they are definitely and obviously better than GTB and Access Bank!!
Oga, I'm an honest person. I don't care what people might say. For your info, two of my immediate brothers bank with Diamond Bank. I bank with Ecobank & Union Bank but I prefer Union to Eco.
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by bigtt76(f): 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
Bhet why naaa undecided

Nwaforj44:
Diamond Bank Plc has signed a share sale and purchase agreement with a member of GFG Alliance, for the disposal of its entire shareholding in its international subsidiary, Diamond Bank (UK) Plc.

The disposal was in line with the bank’s objective of streamlining its operations to focus resources on the significant opportunities in the Nigerian retail banking market.

The transaction followed the bank’s divestment from its West African business, Diamond Bank S.A., which was completed in November 2017.

A statement posted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) website explained that the Bank and GFG Alliance were committed to, and are pursuing a quick completion of the transaction subject to approval of the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority who regulate banking business in the United Kingdom.

Commenting on the transaction, Diamond Bank’s CEO Uzoma Dozie said: “Diamond Bank’s strategic objective is to be the fastest growing, and most profitable technology-driven retail banking franchise in Nigeria.

“This strategic intent requires the bank to optimise the use of its resources which means, where necessary, divesting from its non-core assets, and focusing on the priority area, namely Nigerian retail banking.”

“The bank has laid the foundation for growth in Nigeria with acquisition of over 15 million customers, many of whom are owning bank accounts for the first time.

“The Nigerian market has vast potential due to its strong fundamentals, including millions of people who are either underbanked or unbanked, and changing lifestyles that favour the use of mobile devices to complete multiple financial transactions at the consumer’s convenience.

“This is also underpinned by significant economic potential driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growing culture of innovation.
“Moreover, by harnessing technology and fostering a digitally led approach, thebank will have further positive impact on the overall development of the financial system, and the Nigerian economy in general,” he added.

According to Dozie, the sale of the international subsidiaries were not expected to cause service disruptions for the bank’s customers located around the world as they can continue to enjoy enhanced and convenient banking services through the bank’s digital channels.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/diamond-bank-divests-fully-from-uk.html
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
goaldynman:

Yea.

You are absolutely right.
I work with Wema, Ihave a diamiond account.
I can tell you Diamond is better than GT.
Wema has better customer service than GT.
My sister and her colleagues left access bank for Stanbic (Access is still good tho)
Re: Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary by maticdamian(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Pop smoke

(1) (Reply)

10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? / Good Profit In Haulage Business / The Features Of An Ideal Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.