Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? (1144 Views)

Any Good Car Within The Budget Of 500k / Please I Need HONDA MECHANIC Around Sango Ota / Mercedes Benz E 200 with 2 years guarantee for any good buyer, call 08038811160 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 9:59am On May 18, 2010
Hi all, please i'm in need of a very good Toyota Sienna Mechanic, i'm having some issues with the wheels, it gives all sorts of noise when i ply rough roads, the mechanics i've been to don't seem to have a solution
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by Onwan: 2:31pm On May 18, 2010
@Oladcity
The problem with your vehicle sounds like what any experienced mechanic should be able to sort out for you.

Just to ask; where exactly does the sound come from? - the disc (wheel), or the shocks/assembly? try and explain better - we might be able to help out here. Basically, IF its the disc, you will be hearing the grinding sound, and if its the shocks (or stabilizer rods) you'll be getting some knocking sounds from down there when on rough roads.
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by bigfather(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2010
what part of lagos are you staying ?
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2010
I stay on the mainland, ojodu area to be pricise but i don't think any part of Lagos will be too far
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2010
@onwan, i think its at the shocks assembly.
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by Onwan: 3:23pm On May 18, 2010
@Oladcity
IF at any point in time, one of the mechanics has looked at your shocks and springs and told you they are okay, then the first thing you should do is to go and buy a new stabilizer set for the front - Its about N1,200 so its not a big deal. Buy the one for your Toyota Sienna and have it replaced - Let them make sure it keys in very well and the washer properly fixed IF to be used at all.

Its the No. 1 culprit in my opinion.

Do that and lets know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by bigfather(m): 3:27pm On May 18, 2010
oladcity:

I stay on the mainland, ojodu area to be pricise but i don't think any part of Lagos will be too far

You can call dis number 08032066932. His name is Dele and he stays at Isolo.
Just tell him that Beejay gave you his number. He is my mech and he is very reliable when it comes to Japanese products.
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 9:42pm On May 18, 2010
Thank you guys, i will give Dele a call and will discuss the option of the stabilizer with him and allow him display his expertise
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by bigfather(m): 11:54pm On May 18, 2010
oladcity:

Thank you guys, i will give Dele a call and will discuss the option of the stabilizer with him and allow him display his expertise

I have told him you'll be calling but just in case you don't get him on the first number i gave you. You can try this one:
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 8:46pm On May 19, 2010
Both numbers ain't going through, i tried them throughout today
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by Onwan: 9:04pm On May 19, 2010
@Oladcity
In the meantime, you can take your vehicle to a mechanic; ask them to remove the pair of stabilizer rods (in front) then go and buy the brand new ones of the same type. It costs about 1,200 for the brand new in a pack with the washers.

Try that out.
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by Onwan: 9:15pm On May 19, 2010
Here's what it looks like (one for each side).

Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 9:53pm On May 19, 2010
@ onwan, thanks my mechanic changed them and replaced them with a tokumbo pair, still no difference. If i still need to change them do u know any particular seller because the toks cost about 2.5K
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by Onwan: 11:41pm On May 19, 2010
@Oladcity
I did'nt know they had tokumbo of those things. Its common at any car parts place and from where you live; you can drive into the Mechanic village at second gate Agidingbi (right behind Omole Phase I). I bought an SUV tokumbo that was giving a very disturbing knocking sound and we worked on everything from silencer to springs until we changed those and the sound stopped.

When they removed the old one, it looked okay but made a clicking sound at the rubber side; they told me that under weight (when installed) that clicking sound is what turns to the knocking sound I hear.

If you can make it to that place; call Ope - 080 7664 4097. Let him test-drive the vehicle AND as part of what he will do; ask him to get brand new ones of those - with the washers. Make sure you stay with him so you can learn exactly what is going on.
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by oladcity(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2010
@ Onwan, thanks so much, i'll try do that tomorrow, i'll give Ope a call before i go there, i hope the problem will be resolved. I appreciate your concern
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by chyjoke1(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2010
what year of sienna do you have? i happen to live in ojodu too and i have a sienna too. check out Damilola 08023367182 07027176071. his shop is right behind tastee fried chicked in opebi. he should be able to sort you out with a minimal charge. that is if u have not sirted this issue out
Re: Any Good Sienna Mechanic Around? by jobas: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2010
@Onwan and others

I'm sorry for bringing this in here but Please do you have any good mechanic that can help diagnose and repair a 2007 lexus es350. seeing two worrisome lights. "check Engine" and "check VSC".

I was made to understand that the build of the ES350 is similar to that of the toyota camry

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Very Nice 04 Honda Eod 4grabs @ Cheap Price Banix N1.280k 08035376690 / Clean Register Golf3 For Sale N470k[auto Drive] 08023055599 / High Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.