Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. (863 Views)

Yahaya Bello Speaks On Dino Melaye's Arrest (VIDEO) / Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React / Police Releases Statement On Dino Melaye's Arrest. See Details. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by KingMicky3286: 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
It is no longer a news that flamboyant Nigerian Senator was arrested and treated like ordinary criminal.

Many Nigerians have asked questions to know the real reasons for his arrest and also to know if its legal to arrest a sitting senator. Who do you think that is behind the arrest saga?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/who-is-behind-senator-dino-melaye-arrest/
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by KingMicky3286: 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
I think Bubu is behind the arrest as no one will have such courage to arrest a sitting Senator on his way to an official duty....
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by checkedout: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Self inflicted wahala
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by kunlexy1759(m): 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ask d Nigeria Police, abeg.
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by OgahBohz: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
his village pipu
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by papoudaupolos: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2018
His terrible deeds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
What a dumb post. So a politician is now above the law kwa?

If he's a suspect in a murder trial in the US what do you think will happen? Do you think his constituency will start wondering if Donald Trump was behind his travails?

I understand that Nigerians have never experienced good governance in their lives and have never witnessed the rule of law in action so most are shocked that a senator is actually an ordinary citizen of the country also liable to prosecution if he commits crimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by KingMicky3286: 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
5thElement:
What a dumb post. So a politician is now above the law kwa?

If he's a suspect in a murder trial in the US what do you think will happen? Do you think his constituency will start wondering if Donald Trump was behind his travails?

I understand that Nigerians have never experienced good governance in their lives and have never witnessed the rule of law in action so most are shocked that a senator is actually an ordinary citizen of the country also liable to prosecution if he commits crimes.

I thought they are above the law.... So who will arrest Bubu for putting Nigerians in a mess?
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
KingMicky3286:

I thought they are above the law.... So who will arrest Bubu for putting Nigerians in a mess?

undecided Are you for real? Did you skip civic studies in school or something?

A kindergarten kid knows that executives, the President and the governors have immunity from criminal and civil prosecution while in office.

angry
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by KingMicky3286: 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
5thElement:

undecided Are you for real? Did you skip civic studies in school or something?

A kindergarten kid knows that executives, the President and the governors have immunity from criminal and civil prosecution while in office.

angry

I asked the question because none of all these bad egg leaders has ever been arrested and jailed for wrong doings since 1960 till date... So i think they are above the law even when they leave office. But in other countries i have seen and heard of past leaders who are in the jail till date... Recently Former Brazilian President was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for corruption while in office
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by femmy2010(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
KingMicky3286:
It is no longer a news that flamboyant Nigerian Senator was arrested and treated like ordinary criminal.

Many Nigerians have asked questions to know the real reasons for his arrest and also to know if its legal to arrest a sitting senator. Who do you think that is behind the arrest saga?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/who-is-behind-senator-dino-melaye-arrest/

If he did nothing then he has nothing to worry about thus no need jumping out of a moving vehicle .
He has no immunity thus can be arrested if he does wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
KingMicky3286:

I asked the question because none of all these bad egg leaders has ever been arrested and jailed for wrong doings since 1960 till date... So i think they are above the law even when they leave office. But in other countries i have seen and heard of past leaders who are in the jail till date... Recently Former Brazilian President was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for corruption while in office

We have laws that are like paper tigers. They can only bite the poor and ordinary Masses.

The few of elite class have enough resources to bend the law in their direction.

That's why Nigerians are surprised that a whole senator can be treated like a commoner would be treated if he was accused of murder.

Until we realize that these people are not our gods but our servants, we'll continue to support the "above the law" aura that surrounds them.
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by AgentGoat: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Police
Re: Who Is Behind Senator Dino Melaye Arrest? ~Question Nigeria. by Jack65: 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
I will bet everything I have that Tinubu is behind what is happening to Dino.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

#politicalstewng: After A Year Hiatus, Sulaiman Aledeh Returns With New Tv Show / EXCLUSIVE: US Blocks Malami’s Lawyers From Taking A Cut On $500m Abacha Loot / We’ve Made Gov. Okorocha Politically Irrelevant – Imo APC Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.