Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,389 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals (492 Views)

"The Day It Rained Private Jets In Maiduguri" - Reno Omokri / Buhari Approves 164.8m For Rescued Chibok Girls studying At AUN. Nigerians React / Dolapo Osinbajo Bonds With Rescued Chibok Girls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals by 360frolic(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
One of the Chibok girls abducted in 2014 Lydia Joshua, has given more details about her time in captivity.

According to Joshua, they did not drink water unless it rained.

Joshua, who was unable to freely speak due to some government restrictions told her family about the hardship they endured while in captivity.

Matina Butu, Joshua’s aunt had this to sy.

“The girls suffered, especially the ones who refused to marry Boko Haram. The Boko Haram people would ask the girls to raise their hands if they wanted to marry any of the men. The girls who did not express interest were starved,” said Butu who left Borno for Lagos as a result of Boko Haram activities.

“When it rained, they would be drenched and their clothes would dry up on their bodies. It is also when it rains that they get to drink water. Lydia told her stories of sleeping beside snakes, going several days without food and sewing clothes with what she described as hand needles.

“They slept on flooded floors for three years. It’s only God that kept Lydia alive and I am still shocked. Lydia told me they ate leaves and when they gave them food, it was never enough until the negotiations for their release started taking place and they started giving them food.”

http://newshelm.ng/i-only-drank-water-when-it-rained-rescued-chibok-girl-reveals/

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals by Kdon2: 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
360frolic:
One of the Chibok girls abducted in 2014 Lydia Joshua, has given more details about her time in captivity.

According to Joshua, they did not drink water unless it rained.

Joshua, who was unable to freely speak due to some government restrictions told her family about the hardship they endured while in captivity.

Matina Butu, Joshua’s aunt had this to sy.

“The girls suffered, especially the ones who refused to marry Boko Haram. The Boko Haram people would ask the girls to raise their hands if they wanted to marry any of the men. The girls who did not express interest were starved,” said Butu who left Borno for Lagos as a result of Boko Haram activities.

“When it rained, they would be drenched and their clothes would dry up on their bodies. It is also when it rains that they get to drink water. Lydia told her stories of sleeping beside snakes, going several days without food and sewing clothes with what she described as hand needles.

“They slept on flooded floors for three years. It’s only God that kept Lydia alive and I am still shocked. Lydia told me they ate leaves and when they gave them food, it was never enough until the negotiations for their release started taking place and they started giving them food.”

http://newshelm.ng/i-only-drank-water-when-it-rained-rescued-chibok-girl-reveals/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Those bastard animals
Re: I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals by adadike(f): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
why were they restricted from speaking freely? what is d govt hiding from us?
Re: I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals by Reader530(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Her name is Lydia Joshua from Chibok Borno State. A native of Chibok. Pray for northern Christians, they are persecuted
Re: I Only Drank Water When It Rained – Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals by adem30: 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reader530:
Her name is Lydia Joshua from Chibok Borno State. A native of Chibok. Pray for northern Christians, they are persecuted

But you guys said nobody was kidnapped, that it was screen played, and here you are now telling us to be praying. Which should we believe now?

(1) (Reply)

Security Guard Harassing Activist Effiong At The Unveiling Of Late Gani's Statue / On Terrorism: President Buhari Pushes Blame To Ex US President, Barrack Obama / Emeka Ihedioha, The Liberator Of Imo State. Join The Liberation Team Now...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.