Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 (1584 Views)

Dino Melaye Calls Smart Adeyemi His Political Wife, Says He Will Win Again / Without Npdp, Buhari Will Win Again - Nasir El-rufai / Why President Buhari Was Absent From FEC Meeting Today - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by uche87(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
The result of the 2019 election is still very much between Buhari and Atiku. Sowore, Durotoye and Ahmed Buhari shouldn't give up. They can keep warming up. Buhari has 65% chances than other candidates.

APC and PDP combined together have over 6 million partisan members across the country in their respective LGAs, wards and units. A new party cannot wake up and build such formidable structure. If just APC and PDP members vote without other neutral voters, they without campaign have acquired millions of vote already.

Now the question; was APC not a new party? APC was never a new party. Since 1999, almost all Nigerian politicians were PDP members, ANPP, CPC, AD e.t.c all tried their best with competent candidates but the PDP's grassroot structure couldn't be matched. To get APC to defeat PDP, they had to combine the structure of all existing parties and steal from PDP. They won the heart of PDP's aggrieved and ambitious members and APC was formed.

A presidential material needs a party with a firm grassroot structure. As a PDP member and a youth, you can't just come from nowhere and convince me for Sowore and the likes. There are millions of people like myself all over the country. I shouldn't go into the politics of regions. To break the northern population and votes, you need a northerner. Those northerners don't vote because you are capable or not. Loyalty flows in their veins. At the moment, they have acquired more PVCs than we have and they have even registered underage kids all to remain in power.

Fela Durotoye can't even win in Lagos. He has been there doing "God told me" when other candidates are permutating. Do you expect Ahmed Buhari to win his state or Sowore?

Now these three will combine efforts and ruin the efforts of the youths who are angry with Buhari. Vote of the youths will be divided. The popularity you need as a Nigeria presidential candidate isn't that of a public speaker. How many public speaker-presidents has Nigeria produced? It took a 3-time presidential candidate to unseat PDP with the slimmest margin since Nigeria's democracy. If you are tired of Buhari, Atiku may be our only option. Personally, I see no big difference between the two of them.

Nigeria needs only a kind of leader at this crucial moment. A strong body in a strong mind. A man with the heart of Jesus Christ and the Devil at the same time with both tides striking a balance. We don't necessarily need a good man. At the moment, such a person is unavailable. When the best is not available, the available becomes the best.

Let me add this, do you know Ben Carson wanted to be U.S president as a member of the Republican Party? The much popular Ben Carson! The then 'useless' Donald Trump was chosen ahead of him. Trump was stupid but controversial enough. He was rich enough to fund his campaign.

Money+popularity+formidable party.

In conclusion, Buhari and Atiku are our only options. Choose your better devil or Buhari wins again!

N.B: The short piece has been trending on social media as written by an unnamed PDP member.

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/94813/bitter-truth-why-sowore-durotoye-are-wasting-their.html

CC Seun Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Obinoscoppy Airforce1 Dominique

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by obi4eze(m): 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
angry
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by KwoiZabo(m): 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
The PDP is Fielding Ibrahim Dankwambo as its candidate and he will beat Buhari silly.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by Funbabaty: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
You spoke the plain and bitter truth. God job for the write up.

6 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nigerians will be like:

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by softmind24: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lol, only buhari can defeat buhari

What a country

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2018
All I want is for Buhari to treat his successor the same way Jonathan treated him when he learnt he had won the election....

A congratulatory phone call to the successor and no blood shed or any form of protest or riot.

But I doubt if the leader of violent group and terrorists like him can keep calm if the results isn't in his favour.

But Please try abeg you..

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by 35824L: 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
KwoiZabo:
The PDP is Fielding Ibrahim Dankwambo as its candidate and he will beat Buhari silly.
I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by uche87(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
lalasticlala come do the needful now. This piece makes so much sense na.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by enlady(f): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2018
Truly bitter truth. I hope the opposition put its house in order

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by WATCHOVER(m): 7:45am On Apr 28, 2018
The person to take over from Buhari in 2019 is already around the corner getting prepared, but No sane party will reveal it strategies and candidates under this regime, APC will be looking for means to destroy the person's reputation.

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by 360degreess(m): 7:47am On Apr 28, 2018
OP is 100% right..but wailers(especially ipob terrorists) will not understand...if u think otherwise,go and hug transformer.

PMB till 2023...
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by Herdsmen: 7:50am On Apr 28, 2018
2019 is between The dullard and Atiku..

... the dullard is already Half way to daurA..

Any other candidate is a waste of funds..
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by papoudaupolos: 7:51am On Apr 28, 2018
Is wat Nigerians want
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2018
Well, I see that as an opinion but a highly flawed one as facts on ground shows that Nigerians from all six geopolitical zones are passionate about sending Buhari to his hometown in Daura come 2019, and install a worthy leader and most credible alternative, His Excellency, Senator Ahmed Makarfi.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by rayopt(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2018
Great Piece @Op

but this is Nigeria, bobrisky and bbnaija with snakes will make FP but an informed thread like this will never!!

And they wee coman say sowore wee win election abii? As if we no sabi or want better things abii? But we all kno that this is nigeria!

Shior!!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 28, 2018
Here's a more accurate bitter truth:

No matter who wins the election come 2019, 100 years from now Nigeria will still be the way it is, struggling with erratic electricity, poor infrastructure, weak institutions etc.

You know why?

Because those who benefit from the decay are the same people always in power.

The Nigerian system is already rigged in their favor and it is going to take a force outside of democratic concepts to change the system.

That's why a popular politician, I think Obasanjo said that even if Jesus Christ became the president of Nigeria he'd fail.

There are only two immediate solutions to the Nigerian problem.

1. Dissolution of the country. Let groups that can live together form their own countries. Or

2. We get rid of this sham we call democracy and install a Paramount ruler like an emperor or king to take affairs of the country.

Finish
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by ndcide(m): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2018
The op, doesn't know what he is saying.

He thinks those PVC and underag voters will all vote for Buhari.

Joke... Buhari may not even run at ten last minute, when he sees things for himself.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by motherfucker: 8:36am On Apr 28, 2018
uche87:

The result of the 2019 election is still very much between Buhari and Atiku. Sowore, Durotoye and Ahmed Buhari shouldn't give up. They can keep warming up. Buhari has 65% chances than other candidates.

APC and PDP combined together have over 6 million partisan members across the country in their respective LGAs, wards and units. A new party cannot wake up and build such formidable structure. If just APC and PDP members vote without other neutral voters, they without campaign have acquired millions of vote already.

Now the question; was APC not a new party? APC was never a new party. Since 1999, almost all Nigerian politicians were PDP members, ANPP, CPC, AD e.t.c all tried their best with competent candidates but the PDP's grassroot structure couldn't be matched. To get APC to defeat PDP, they had to combine the structure of all existing parties and steal from PDP. They won the heart of PDP's aggrieved and ambitious members and APC was formed.

A presidential material needs a party with a firm grassroot structure. As a PDP member and a youth, you can't just come from nowhere and convince me for Sowore and the likes. There are millions of people like myself all over the country. I shouldn't go into the politics of regions. To break the northern population and votes, you need a northerner. Those northerners don't vote because you are capable or not. Loyalty flows in their veins. At the moment, they have acquired more PVCs than we have and they have even registered underage kids all to remain in power.

Fela Durotoye can't even win in Lagos. He has been there doing "God told me" when other candidates are permutating. Do you expect Ahmed Buhari to win his state or Sowore?

Now these three will combine efforts and ruin the efforts of the youths who are angry with Buhari. Vote of the youths will be divided. The popularity you need as a Nigeria presidential candidate isn't that of a public speaker. How many public speaker-presidents has Nigeria produced? It took a 3-time presidential candidate to unseat PDP with the slimmest margin since Nigeria's democracy. If you are tired of Buhari, Atiku may be our only option. Personally, I see no big difference between the two of them.

Nigeria needs only a kind of leader at this crucial moment. A strong body in a strong mind. A man with the heart of Jesus Christ and the Devil at the same time with both tides striking a balance. We don't necessarily need a good man. At the moment, such a person is unavailable. When the best is not available, the available becomes the best.

Let me add this, do you know Ben Carson wanted to be U.S president as a member of the Republican Party? The much popular Ben Carson! The then 'useless' Donald Trump was chosen ahead of him. Trump was stupid but controversial enough. He was rich enough to fund his campaign.

Money+popularity+formidable party.

In conclusion, Buhari and Atiku are our only options. Choose your better devil or Buhari wins again!

N.B: The short piece has been trending on social media as written by an unnamed PDP member.

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/94813/bitter-truth-why-sowore-durotoye-are-wasting-their.html

CC Seun Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Obinoscoppy Airforce1 Dominique

As much as I do not like Buhari, please let him rule for another 4 years so that the next president will be from the South. In that instance, we will be able to juxtapose , compare and contrast who between the two regions have done more to move the country forward and we can then conclude who is always dragging us backwards.

All those drumming Igbo presidency will have their head cut off, especially if you are igbo and being used to deceive fellow Igbos...
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by tuniski: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, I see that as an opinion but a highly flawed one as facts on ground shows that Nigerians from all six geopolitical zones are passionate about sending Buhari to his hometown in Daura come 2019, and install a worthy leader and most credible alternative, His Excellency, Senator Ahmed Makarfi.

Makarfi can't ! It will be a total miscalculation and naivete to present anyone aside Atiku!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by motherfucker: 8:38am On Apr 28, 2018
WATCHOVER:
The person to take over from Buhari in 2019 is already around the corner getting prepared, but No sane party will reveal it strategies and candidates under this regime, APC will be looking for means to destroy the person's reputation.
are u sure? Seems like what NOI has started with Donald Duke lol
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by tuniski: 8:40am On Apr 28, 2018
5thElement:
Here's a more accurate bitter truth:

No matter who wins the election come 2019, 100 years from now Nigeria will still be the way it is, struggling with erratic electricity, poor infrastructure, weak institutions etc.

You know why?

Because those who benefit from the decay are the same people always in power.

The Nigerian system is already rigged in their favor and it is going to take a force outside of democratic concepts to change the system.

That's why a popular politician, I think Obasanjo said that even if Jesus Christ became the president of Nigeria he'd fail.

There are only two immediate solutions to the Nigerian problem.

1. Dissolution of the country. Let groups that can live together form their own countries. Or

2. We get rid of this sham we call democracy and install a Paramount ruler like an emperor or king to take affairs of the country.

Finish
Sickly!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:43am On Apr 28, 2018
tuniski:

Makarfi can't ! It will be a total miscalculation and naivete to present anyone aside Atiku!
Atiku should pray not to come 5th in PDP Presidential primary...

You think he will just come into PDP to be 'dashed' the structure after someone like Makarfi and others have built and repositioned it? Dreaming is allowed.. Una go shock.. cheesy
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by tuniski: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Atiku should pray not to come 5th in PDP Presidential primary...

You think he will just come into PDP to be 'dashed' the structure after someone like Makarfi and others have built and repositioned it? Dreaming is allowed.. Una go shock.. cheesy
He has always been PDP. PDP's structure doesn't belong to Makarfi it belongs to all Nigerians.
Don't get emotional with the leadership crisis challenge of recent past. Afterall, even you left the pdp so, kini big deal? Or it doesn't occur to you that the presidential ticket is not an emotional reward for Mr nice?
The battle ahead is for the most rugged and veteran! Sai Atiku. By the way where is Makarfi's structure? He has not even signify intent and has zero blueprint!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2018
tuniski:

He has always been PDP. PDP's structure doesn't belong to Makarfi it belongs to all Nigerians.
Don't get emotional with the leadership crisis challenge of recent past. Afterall, even you left the pdp so, kini big deal? Or it doesn't occur to you that the presidential ticket is not an emotional reward for Mr nice?
The battle ahead is for the most rugged and veteran! Sai Atiku. By the way where is Makarfi's structure? He has not even signify intent and has zero blueprint!
Do you realise that in 2007 Yar'adua was the last to signify interest yet he won the primary and the main election?

Do you realise that Secondus was the last to declare interest for National Chairmanship yet he defeated Adeniran that was sponsored by ATIKU and has been campaigning for long?

Real politicians do underground work also known as 'consultation' before publicly declaring their intention (similar to what Jonathan did in 2011 and Buhari did in 2014 & 2018).

Makarfi is very strategic and has everything under his control.

Talking about defection, unlike Atiku, my leave from PDP was due to my opposition to Sheriff after he won at Appeal Court and even at that I was still working with Makarfi led PDP behind the scene grin and had to return home when coast was clear... It is called STRATEGIC POSITIONING grin

Unlike Atiku that left for 3 years and only returned after he lost out in APC power play

Meanwhile, don't forget that Atiku has never won any Presidential primary in his life...
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by tuniski: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Do you realise that in 2007 Yar'adua was the last to signify interest yet he won the primary and the main election?

Do you realise that Secondus was the last to declare interest for National Chairmanship yet he defeated Adeniran that was sponsored by ATIKU and has been campaigning for long?

Real politicians do underground work also known as 'consultation' before publicly declaring their intention (similar to what Jonathan did in 2011 and Buhari did in 2014 & 2018).

Makarfi is very strategic and has everything under his control.

Talking about defection, unlike Atiku, my leave from PDP was due to my opposition to Sheriff after he won at Appeal Court and even at that I was still working with Makarfi led PDP behind the scene grin and had to return home when coast was clear... It is called STRATEGIC POSITIONING grin

Unlike Atiku that left for 3 years and only returned after he lost out in APC power play

Meanwhile, don't forget that Atiku has never won any Presidential primary in his life...

All Defectors or decampees have reasons for such acts your reason is too light weighted Sef. Atiku has always challenged the status quo with conviction and independent mind leading to him, leaving incumbent for opposition! He is a true democrat and needs no introduction from his emergence in 1992 till date.

All the later comers emergency/accidental leaders era is fast being a past tense. Nigerians want to know the Candidates early so as to scrutinize them while engaging their blueprints. We don't need reluctant or accidental presidents anymore. Our democracy is deepening beyond Sloganeering to assessing Substance over form!
By the way, Atiku was the AC presidential candidate in 2007. The only thing missing all along for the actualization of Atiku presidency of prosperity for all, is a national platform. This time, he will get it!

GEj,Yaradua,OBJ relied solely on PdP to win. The dynamics are different cos PDP is today in opposition and must have a new approach/strategy. As it stands, PDP needs a candidate that needs no introduction with all the Might needed for the brutal battles ahead.
Sai Atiku!

Being party chairman ain't enuff basis to dash Makarfi the presidential ticket!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2018
tuniski:

All Defectors or decampees have reasons for such acts your reason is too light weighted Sef. Atiku has always challenged the status quo with conviction and independent mind leading to him, leaving incumbent for opposition! He is a true democrat and needs no introduction from his emergence in 1992 till date.

All the later comers emergency/accidental leaders era is fast being a past tense. Nigerians want to know the Candidates early so as to scrutinize them while engaging their blueprints. We don't need reluctant or accidental presidents anymore. Our democracy is deepening beyond Sloganeering to assessing Substance over form!
By the way, Atiku was the AC presidential candidate in 2007. The only thing missing all along for the actualization of Atiku presidency of prosperity for all, is a national platform. This time, he will get it!

GEj,Yaradua,OBJ relied solely on PdP to win. The dynamics are different cos PDP is today in opposition and must have a new approach/strategy. As it stands, PDP needs a candidate that needs no introduction with all the Might needed for the brutal battles ahead.
Sai Atiku!

Being party chairman ain't enuff basis to dash Makarfi the presidential ticket!
Atiku ran for Presidential Primary in 1992 under SDP, He lost.

He was the AC Candidate in 2007, not because he won any primary but because he was the sole candidate of the then mushroom party. HE lost woefully in the election, including losing his polling unit and state to Buhari in the main election. For the Governorship election his candidate lost to Admiral Nyako of PDP.

He ran for Presidential primary in 2011 after returning to PDP in 2010 and lost woefully to Jonathan. Even his own Adamawa delegates didn't vote for him.

He went to APC in 2014 and ran for the December Primary and lost woefully, coming behind Buhari and Kwankwaso.

Now he has returned again to PDP last December and we guarantee that he will LOSE woefully to Ahmed Makarfi and will come behind Sule Lamido (2nd).

As long as it is Atiku, the pattern has always been the same. He has NO real structure but sycophants deceiving him.

MEANWHILE,
Makarfi's entrance isn't because of him being a former Chairman but due to his track record and awesome antecedent. He has been defeating Buhari candidates since 2003 (a feat only himself and Yar'adua achieved), until 2015 when people had this animosity against PDP, Jonathan and Yero Kaduna North and his support for Jonathan cost him.

However, he is Back!!!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by tuniski: 10:08am On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Atiku ran for Presidential Primary in 1992 under SDP, He lost.

He was the AC Candidate in 2007, not because he won any primary but because he was the sole candidate of the then mushroom party. HE lost woefully in the election, including losing his polling unit and state to Buhari in the main election. For the Governorship election his candidate lost to Admiral Nyako of PDP.

He ran for Presidential primary in 2011 after returning to PDP in 2010 and lost woefully to Jonathan. Even his own Adamawa delegates didn't vote for him.

He went to APC in 2014 and ran for the December Primary and lost woefully, coming behind Buhari and Kwankwaso.

Now he has returned again to PDP last December and we guarantee that he will LOSE woefully to Ahmed Makarfi and will come behind Sule Lamido (2nd).

As long as it is Atiku, the pattern has always been the same. He has NO real structure but sycophants deceiving him.

MEANWHILE,
Makarfi's entrance isn't because of him being a former Chairman but due to his track record and awesome antecedent. He has been defeating Buhari candidates since 2003 (a feat only himself and Yar'adua achieved), until 2015 when people had this animosity against PDP, Jonathan and Yero Kaduna North and his support for Jonathan cost him.

However, he is Back!!!

Buhari lost 3 times today he is the president! When the APC coalition needed to win the incumbent GEJ/PDP they did away with emotions and went with perennial loser :Buhari.
That should tell you something! Losing in this case becomes an advantage cos the trend can be analyze and faultlines identified,while strength reinforced! That is why the catch for buhari even though the least competent amongst the Apc aspirants was 10m votes assured!

What will Makarfi or any of the rest assure?
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11am On Apr 28, 2018
tuniski:

Buhari lost 3 times today he is the president! When the APC coalition needed to win the incumbent GEJ/PDP they did away with emotions and went with perennial loser. Buhari.
That should tell you something! Losing in this case becomes an advantage cos the trend can be analyze and faultlines identified,while strength reinforced! That is why the catch for buhari even though the least competent amongst the Apc aspirants was 10m votes assured!

What will Makarfi or any of the rest assure?
You de carry Buhari that has NEVER lost a primary election de compare Atiku that always lose primary election abi?

Kantinuu
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by tuniski: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You de carry Buhari that has NEVER lost a primary election de compare Atiku that always lose primary election abi?

Kantinuu
Buhari lost 3 presidential elections as the main challenger. That to me is more disastrous! In other climes, once you lose as the main challenger, it is over for you. Yet, buhari a perennial main challenger and Mr loser/crybaby is today president.
If that tells you nothing, I am afraid nothing will!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why President Buhari Will Win Again In 2019 by justtoodark: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2018
its funny to me to see all easterners become political analysts all of a sudden....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Govs Were Illegally Removed Under Obasanjo – Presidency / Why South West Want Buhari / See Who Is Loosing In A Fresh Presidential Poll By MC Oluomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.