Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,593 members, 7,850,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. (31774 Views)

Zlatan Places Curse On SARS Officer Who Stopped Him: E No Go Better For Your Mum / Ali Baba As MC At Fatima Dangote’s Wedding: The Challenges Faced By The Comedian / Ali Baba Reacts To Photo Of Woman Kneeling Before, Monday Eyo, Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Abelattah(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
before you repear road you must pay youth in any village in warri especially ubeji ifie or any itsekiri village Ali baba is right

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by ariesbull: 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
That's the problem with these warri guys and ijaw ... entitlement mentality

4 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by dvkot(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
true
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by DEBJOCH1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
That's a very big truth, I know of more than 3 streets in Mainland part of Lagos, each time any wealthy individual rise up to sand fill or repair the street the Area boys always man handling those trying to carry out the repair work, they always claim huge settlement before any repair work could be done there. But thank when government agent step in to repair the road, the area boys had no option but to give up.

4 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Abudu2000(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Newpride:
And some fools were castigating PMB for saying a lots of nigerian youths are lazy.... shocked shocked

Truly a lot of our youths are very lazy, they sit home doing nothing holding government responsible even when they have bad dreams.

They wanna become rich suddenly. They are into money ritual of all categories fooling themselves that they are yahoo boys tongue tongue

Those jobless youths in south south are the worst set of people on earth. They don’t wanna work because they have oil.

you are the one fooling Urself that you are sane... Better seek help while it's not official to Ur family, only Nairaland know u are running mad already!!
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by debayun(m): 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
Looking at the comments above mine I weep for Nigerians and their myopic foresight only thinking of the now.

Even if he is lying, the fact that he tried or the thought of it should be applauded not castigated. Even if he was to empower youths how many of you here will empower his or her community. A simple porthole filling is a small step to a better Nigeria. Do you know that if we had better road networks the cost of transportation will drastically decrease thereby affecting every business cost, creating more jobs, etc. If you have brain you will see the chain reaction.

Please let our sense of patriotism come back cos this country belongs to us and us alone.

6 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by mu2sa2: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
yeyerolling:
SS youth are the ones buhari was referring to. lazy mofos. A chief stopped a company i worked for from constructing a mini bridge somewhere in delta cos his boats no go see patronage
I watched the video clip and I concur with you. Although Buhari didn't use the word "lazy", but clearly he seemed to have in mind the kind of laziness common among the youth in the Ss.
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by DexterousOne(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
yeyerolling:
SS youth are the ones buhari was referring to. lazy mofos. A chief stopped a company i worked for from constructing a mini bridge somewhere in delta cos his boats no go see patronage
just imagine
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Edelweiss44: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lakson0001:
I can't blame the Warri niggas tho. He should rise people instead of repairing roads

Oga control your jealousy please! Stop acting as if you have a right tell another man how to spend his money. After all you didn't help him make the money, neither were you there to encourage him when he was struggling to make it. Do you know how many people Ali Baba has helped or not? Are you living in his house or are you his close friend for you to know if he helped people to rise or not? If he helped people, will he come to your house to inform you?

Besides, I have heard several popular artistes publicly attribute their success to Ali Baba. Even if he hasn't solved the problem that government is supposed to solve for you, at least I know he has raised people in the entertainment industry who are multi millionaires today because of him. You just sounded like a bitter soul who thinks the society owes them everything, and it is people like you he was probably talking about in his community that will be demanding money from him before he can help the community. I was not born with a silver spoon, but I have refused to think like anybody owes me anything, including my own father who never contributed one Naira to my school fees from the day I entered nursery school to the day I graduated from my Masters. Instead, today I send money to that same father of mine

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Enice(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
dataking:
Liar. Useless ass. I wanted to give each Nigerian youth 10 million naira, it was the bank that stopped me. I had already initiated the disbursement through the cbn 3 times.
just try carrying out a minor renovation of you own house in warri and see what the boys would do to you. They would stop the job, seize the workmen tools and beat up anybody that challenges them. You have to pay deve before you work. As Buhari has said, Most Nigerian youths do not want to work.

5 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Afamed: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
dataking:
Liar. Useless ass. I wanted to give each Nigerian youth 10 million naira, it was the bank that stopped me. I had already initiated the disbursement through the cbn 3 times.

Warri boys don correct me. It seems Warri na another Nigeria 2.0. No mind my earlier comment
Ali baba is right. I had a similar encounter, a Bishop was trying to make a repair on the road in Warri, he was asked to pay deve money to area boys before he could be allowed to carry out the exercise. Even within your compound, any renovation you want to do, you definitely need to settle area boys. These are the lazy youths Mr President was referring to.

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Warripikin08(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
You are right Ali Baba, the reason why this qxt won't stop any sooner is that t government has not placed any serious law concerning deve issue. But ehn the truth is what is really wrong with black race and development. You won do something for the betterment of people some people go come out to oppose you all for their useless,evil,heartless, selfish game. This is wickedness after this same set of people go come out dey shout say white nor want African nations develop and see their own attitude towards development.
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Afamed: 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
kenlinzo:

Is that just the reason you never did it? please tell us. Boys cannot just stop u without any reasonable offence
They want to be settled before any exercise could be carried out. A Bishop was asked to settle them first before a road that would be beneficial to everyone could be carried out. They called it "Deve".
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by johhnnie(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Kaycee9242:
U never ready to do d rd oga

You may understand! Thats one of the banes of development in the entire country. Try to upgrade or repair any public property. The politicians will send their biys after you.
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Lakson0001: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
tomtos88:

You all didn't get it at all.... That spot is used to attack and rob people, that's why the boys in the neighbourhood stopped it from being repaired

If he rise those guys, you and I know they will definitely stop robbing people at that spot
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:10am On Apr 27, 2018
You can't expect normalcy when a man goes home with N18,000($50), every 30 days and even with than the gov't still won't pay !!!! 112Million people live in poverty, forget all that grammer

Skepticus:

The truth is, the citizens are their own worse enemy, especially among the poor and under-privileged class.

The Crab Syndrome is real!!!
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by eyinjuege: 5:22am On Apr 27, 2018
Lakson0001:
I can't blame the Warri niggas tho. He should rise people instead of repairing roads

I'm not sure he has a company that can rise anyone. You need talent to do his kind of job, and you either have it or you don't.
If he gives anyone money, how long before the money is exhausted? How many can he give money to? If he fills a pothole, the whole community enjoys it.
Its better he does community projects than giving money, as more people can benefit from community projects.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by eph12(m): 6:57am On Apr 27, 2018
dataking:

Warri boys don correct me. It seems Warri na another Nigeria 2.0. No mind my earlier comment
Same thing happens in the south west too. A wealthy man was asked to pay a fee before he can repair the road leading to his house in my area
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by hmuhammad(m): 8:35am On Apr 27, 2018
madenigga:
Warri boys for you, they dont joke with deve

An illegal payment demanded by the boys for any project either public or private from the investor
LOL!!! Development Fee
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by teewhybabee(f): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

R.I.P English
English is your mother tongue, Mediocre using English as a scale for intelligence
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by laudate: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
DavidEsq:
Doz calling him a liar, I just dey pity una. Una neva c somtin at all. Com wari, sapele, ughelli, and it's environs and try to set up a project as an individual. Then u go know say no be all winch dey fly. U go see area boys march com dey demand deve or u forget about the project. Even before stabilini visinoni built sapele stadium, Ogodo children no gree until dem collect the deve.
Who no go, no kno.

No be all winch dey fly? Some dey do skate-boarding...! cheesy
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by laudate: 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lakson0001:
If he rise those guys, you and I know they will definitely stop robbing people at that spot

Are you normal? Those guys do not have parents or elder family members to 'rise' them? shocked Does Alibaba owe them anything, or did he give birth to them? Or is Alibaba the govt that should create a welfare programme for them? Why are people so daft? What unjust sense of entitlement is this? Can you grow up and grow a brain, please!

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by DavidEsq(m): 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
laudate:

No be all winch dey fly? Some dey do skate-boarding...! cheesy
Ah dey teh u

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by DavidEsq(m): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
teewhybabee:
English is your mother tongue, Mediocre using English as a scale for intelligence
Why don't u use ur moda tongue to communicate here or write a job application na? Be behaving like buhari deh o! Wen u will end up with a Nepa bill for an academic certificate, na den ur eye go clear.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Skepticus: 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
You can't expect normalcy when a man goes home with N18,000($50), every 30 days and even with than the gov't still won't pay !!!! 112Million people live in poverty, forget all that grammer

Your excuse is a lame, bro!

A brother offering to help would take a lot of people out of the poverty trap.

Let's stop excusing ignorance for our stupidity
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Your mistake is to assume hungry and extremely poor people think straight, you expect people living like animals not to behave like animals?
You see people crossing deserts to leave Nigeria and you still don't get it!
Why do you think the rich/politicians ALWAYS build a separate place for themselves to live in and move around with armed security men? because it's dangerous living among the poor, I doubt youths in a middle income area would even disturb themselves with Ali Baba,
We need to stop ACTING like we are in a civilized environment abeg it's a charade, you live in a war zone
Militants in Niger delta, Fulani's in Middle belt, Boko Haram in North, 75 years old man as president.

Skepticus:

Your excuse is a lame, bro!

A brother offering to help would take a lot of people out of the poverty trap.

Let's stop excusing ignorance for our stupidity

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Lakson0001: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
laudate:

Are you normal? Those guys do not have parents or elder family members to 'rise' them? shocked Does Alibaba owe them anything, or did he give birth to them? Or is Alibaba the govt that should create a welfare programme for them? Why are people so daft? What unjust sense of entitlement is this? Can you grow up and grow a brain, please!

Try to be in your normal self before you respond to people too. If you know Alibaba is not the govt that suppose to rise and provide for this people then why is he repairing those roads?? Or is it not part of the govt responsibilities??

Pls help yourself to think deep about the what's really happening and Use your brain to respond pls
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by laudate: 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lakson0001:
Try to be in your normal self before you respond to people too. If you know Alibaba is not the govt that suppose to rise and provide for this people then why is he repairing those roads?? Or is it not part of the govt responsibilities??

Pls help yourself to think deep about the what's really happening and Use your brain to respond pls
What is happening is nothing more than extortion. shocked Those youths are trying to fleece Alibaba of money, upon which they have no right to lay claims. Try to engage your brain before you respond, next time. Alibaba owes them nothing. Why da heck is he supposed to 'rise' and provide for those people? Is he their father? Or did he bring them into this world? By repairing those roads, he is not just helping the commuters and the community, but also himself, as his vehicle too will not get damaged by potholes on that road, once such potholes are fixed. undecided

Shed this mentality of entitlement that is in your head, and try to reason properly. sad Did those youths give Alibaba money to keep for them, that they are now asking him to pay for fixing the road? It is youths like you and such Warri boys, that give other hardworking Naija youths a bad name! angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by Blue3k(m): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
If you all have a Warri srory whats stopping the lazy police from caging these guys. Dont say it the our sons excuse. If there a victim that steps forward then they cant use that excuse especially if they are from area. It seemd these huys bully everyone regardless of where your from. You will pay for protection.
Re: Ali Baba Reveals What Stopped Him From Repairing A Community Road In Warri. by overdoseme: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
Na wa ooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rihanna And ASAP Rocky Name Their Second Son, “RIOT” / AY And Don Jazzy To Send Taju To School With Over N500k / Kemi Olunloyo: "If I'm Released, Do Not Come To The Airport To Meet Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.