Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 (562 Views)

Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 4 / Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 3 / Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1

The Whole Gospel

In our effort to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, is there a portion that we have forgotten? Is there a part we left out? What is the whole gospel? Let's look at the Gospel of Luke and find out.

And he (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias (or, Isaiah). And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted,

to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down.

And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears (Luke 4:16-21).

I want you to notice that Jesus did not simply make the statement, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

It says, He began to say unto them. Verses 18 and 19 are a summary of what He said. I believe that they are a short outline of a sermon that he was about to preach.

Verse 22 says, And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.

Obviously, He continued to speak.

In the light of this scripture, the gospel has never been preached to the poor. I'm not talking about the new birth.

I'm talking about each of the categories that Jesus mentioned in these scriptures.

He was anointed to preach. To the captives, He preached deliverance. To the brokenhearted, He preached healing. To the blind, He preached recovery of sight.

He outlined here that the gospel covers many areas. We have preached healing, recovering of sight, deliverance and the new birth to the poor; but we have never preached the gospel to the poor.

The Gospel to the Poor

What is the gospel to the poor? The gospel to the poor is that Jesus has come and they don't have to be poor anymore! Not very many poverty-stricken people have ever heard the whole gospel.

Most of them have heard that they are supposed to live a meager existence. That is what the missionaries who preached to them believed!

When I was in Africa, the Lord told me that He is holding the body of Christ in every nation responsible for winning their own lost.

It takes money to finance a revival. How can they believe for any prosperity in Africa or India, where drought and famine have become a way of life? That is a major part of my calling.

I'm responsible for teaching the nations to observe to do all that Jesus commanded.

There are always some missionaries who will become upset about it. They'll argue, "You can preach abundance in the United States, but don't come to Africa and preach it."

Or, they tell me,

"It won't work in El Salvador." "It won't work in Nicaragua," etc.

But when you are preaching the Word of God, it works.

God could care less whether anyone listening has a dime or not.

He didn't base His gospel on what government happens to be in power at the time. All God is looking for is faith!

There is enough undiscovered wealth in the poorest nations of this world to turn their poverty into abundance if they would just believe the gospel. If there wasn't, God is more than able to put it there.

The Kingdom of God Produces "Things"

Abundance and prosperity are important to the kingdom of God because it is affected by them.

Jesus said that if you seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, all these things will be added to you.

You can't tell me that the kingdom of God isn't affected by prosperity or it wouldn't produce things.

The Bible says, "Out of the mouth of two witnesses, let a thing be established."

The second witness to this thought (that the gospel has not been preached to the poor) is Luke 7:20-22.

When the men were come unto him (Jesus), they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.

Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Jesus listed very specific categories. One of them was preaching the Good News to the poor man, thereby giving him hope and strength.

We need to stop allowing these poverty-stricken people to believe that by staying poor it will somehow make them more pious and more sanctified.

If this were true, the people of today's starving Third World nations would be holy right now!

Poverty is an evil spirit. I remember one of my junior high school teachers telling my mother something that has marked my thinking all these years.

He said, "I was raised in deep poverty. I fought my way through high school and through a college degree to get away from it. But," he said, "I don't care how hard I try and how hard I work, I still smell that poverty. I can't get away from it."

I remember thinking, "I wonder why he still smells poverty?"

It was because the spirit of poverty was still with him. Many rich people are operating under this spirit. It drove them to become rich.

If the spirit of poverty can compel a man to become wealthy, it will drive him to keep his wealth as well.

You would think a person who was raised in poverty would be motivated to get others out of it. But they won't turn loose of what they have.

They are afraid they will lose it and end up poor again. That same spirit of poverty is still dominating them today, even though they are wealthy.

To be continued...

Excerpts from, Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours by Kenneth Copeland

Please share❤

We are The Liberation Army!

Contact us on, 08126401351

Jesus Is Lord!t get away from it.
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by Marchman: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
We all believe in prosperity. But we reject the Pentecostal model in which people, even poor people, have to give to pastors before God can bless them. The only people who have become rich by this are the pastors.
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:05am On Apr 27, 2018
Marchman:
We all believe in prosperity. But we reject the Pentecostal model in which people, even poor people, have to give to pastors before God can bless them. The only people who have become rich by this are the pastors.

That's your opinion dear bro, and you are entitled to it. But that doesn't make it correct. Thank you for reading, and I hope this truth finds its way into your spirit soon in Jesus name. Stay tuned for the second part tomorrow, you will get more insight...
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
This series continues tomorrow. Make it a date...
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by Marchman: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2018
PastorDavidAwuj:

That's your opinion dear bro, and you are entitled to it. But that doesn't make it correct. Thank you for reading, and I hope this truth finds its way into your spirit soon in Jesus name. Stay tuned for the second part tomorrow, you will get more insight...

It's now confirmed that you're one of those pastors who live off the people. Go get a real job. Start a business, or something. Then you can talk about prosperity. You don't have to be a Christian to be prosperous. Despite about half of Nigerians being Christians our country is the poverty capital of the world. That is the country with most people living in extreme poverty. The Chinese do not worship the Christian God, yet they live very much better than the Christian Nigeria. The difference is production. They are productive and don't spend all their time in church begging God for help. Mr man go get a real job, before talking about prosperity.
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Marchman:

It's now confirmed that you're one of those pastors who live off the people. Go get a real job. Start a business, or something. Then you can talk about prosperity. You don't have to be a Christian to be prosperous. Despite about half of Nigerians being Christians our country is the poverty capital of the world. That is the country with most people living in extreme poverty. The Chinese do not worship the Christian God, yet they live very much better than the Christian Nigeria. The difference is production. They are productive and don't spend all their time in church begging God for help. Mr man go get a real job, before talking about prosperity.

Link for Part 3...

https://www.nairaland.com/4477493/prosperity-choice-yours-part-3
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours, Part 1 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:03pm On May 06, 2018

(1) (Reply)

The Spirit Of Sacrifice – Bishop David Abioye / The Golden Rule / This Is The Link To Download The Free Revival Sermons Of Apostle Christian Nwoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.