Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) (38431 Views)

Vincent Desmond: Police Accused Me Of Being A Yahoo Boy & Took Me To ATM / Kidnapper Kidnapped By A Rival Gang, Pays N1.5m Ransom / Kidnappers Kill Sani Khalil Rigasa In Kaduna After Taking N1.5M Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Boss13: 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
youngest85:
Believe this at your detriment

Person wey him head dey there. Daily withdrawal limit per day from ATM is N100,000. If you use POSbit is N200,000. Both cannot be N1.5m.

Oga is exaggerating

1 Like

Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Stepanovs(m): 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=deolu2000 post=67076242]how is it possible to withdraw 1.5m from the ATM? The news no
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Biodun1929(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
WhiteLavender:
I see kids a lot at ATMs withdrawing cash these days and the bad thing is that they'll be posing with it. A boy was withdrawing about a 100,000, after each 20,000 withdrawal, he would look around like a big boy putting the money in his pocket, that was the process till he withdrew the 100k. I was just laughing inside me while shaking my head.
Some parents won't learn.

" A boy was withdrawing about a 100,000, after each 20,000 withdrawal, he would look around like a big boy putting the money in his pocket, that was the process till he withdrew the 100k."

lol! Very funny.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by authority2006(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
youngest85:
Believe this at your detriment

The thief had the card's details, it couldn't have been through atm withdrawal alone. It might not even be one day transaction.

Youngzedd:

This man can never make heaven. He must be a brother to Lai Mohammed

How much can you withdraw and transfer in a day?

But why give kids ya ATM card to go withdraw money for you

Ndi mmadu self.

He didn't mention a day or that he was through with his complaint that same day. Don't misinterprete his statement.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by comdr20(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
inoki247:
1.5million with ATM aw did it happen even if na ATM transfer e no reach dt level abg explain to me very well.
u can't even read well #lazynigeriayouth
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Youngzedd(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
authority2006:

The thief had the card's details, it couldn't have been through atm withdrawal alone. It might not even be one day transaction.

He didn't mention a day or that he was through with his complaint that same day. Don't misinterprete his statement.

1.5M divided by 150k daily limit equal to 10 days.

He's just cr@zy. Banks disable ATM immediately you complain. Gtbank even have a code to deactivate or through Internet banking.

That man is wonderfully stup1d for giving a teen his card in the first place.

Believe the man at your own peril.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by WhiteLavender(f): 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
Biodun1929:

" A boy was withdrawing about a 100,000, after each 20,000 withdrawal, he would look around like a big boy putting the money in his pocket, that was the process till he withdrew the 100k."

lol! Very funny.
Na so I see am o. Ibadan people and forming.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Biodun1929(m): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
WhiteLavender:
Na so I see am o. Ibadan people and forming.
lol! I actually live in Ibadan.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Ogunleti01: 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
dre11:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/how-i-lost-n1-5m-to-atm-thieves-through-my-11-year-old-son/

Pic of Echefu Aku the fraudster

"Peter explained that while using the ATM dispenser," English teachers in the house over to you- Automated Teller Machine Dispenser??
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by WhiteLavender(f): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Biodun1929:

lol! I actually live in Ibadan.
Lol. Nice place though. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by temodent(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
This can't be true and unfortunately the lazy moderator also pushed it to the front page.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by uvie66: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Serves you right, an 11 year old is an underage, a minor under the law. So you have millions in your account but gave your card with access to the million to an 11year old CHILD claiming that he is a smart child. Stupidity of the highest degree.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by galaxy2020(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
I do not think you can withdraw more than 200k a day via ATM a day.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by dominique(f): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
ashjay001:

Madam, can u help with a bank, that doesn't have a daily withdrawal limit? I really, would appreciate.

In fact, anything after 10pm, n gtb, won't allow me, any mobile/apps transfers.

I'm afraid i don't know of any, I don't think there's any bank that doesn't have a daily withdrawal limit. I am able to transfer money via GTB online banking late at night though
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by ashjay001(m): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
dominique:

I'm afraid i don't know of any, I don't think there's any bank that doesn't have a daily withdrawal limit. I am able to transfer money via GTB online banking late at night though

So, how come u believe, thieves, we're able to withdraw 1.5m, in hours

I've given up on transfers, at night. And, getting a gtb ATM, that works, in d areas of Abj I patronise(asokoro, area3 n gudu), is another war entirely!
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by dominique(f): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
ashjay001:

So, how come u believe, thieves, we're able to withdraw 1.5m, in hours

I've given up on transfers, at night. And, getting a gtb ATM, that works, in d areas of Abj I patronise(asokoro, area3 n gudu), is another war entirely!

Because there are other ways you can use ATM to access an account without direct withdrawal. Someone once shared how he misplaced his card in a cab on a Saturday. His plan was to go to the bank on Monday to block the card and apply for another one. That very day, over 200k got wiped out of his account. The hackers didn't even have the pin how much more this one that they have the card and the pin. The thief can make purchases with the card to the tune of millions, I don't think there's any restriction on that. If he's advanced in hacking, he can easily wipe out the entire account with the card details at his disposal. Don't ever underestimate these thieves

Last time I transferred late at night via online banking was in February and I didn't have any issue. I don't know about now though
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Zinny25(f): 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
I shall comment When I start getting debit alert running into millions from my account ... For now I never reach that level
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by ashjay001(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
dominique:

Because there are other ways you can use ATM to access an account without direct withdrawal. Someone once shared how he misplaced his card in a cab on a Saturday. His plan was to go to the bank on Monday to block the card and apply for another one. That very day, over 200k got wiped out of his account. The hackers didn't even have the pin how much more this one that they have the card and the pin. The thief can make purchases with the card to the tune of millions, I don't think there's any restriction on that. If he's advanced in hacking, he can easily wipe out the entire account with the card details at his disposal. Don't ever underestimate these thieves

Last time I transferred late at night via online banking was in February and I didn't have any issue. I don't know about now though

Madam, d victim, claimed, 1.5m was withdrawn from his acct in a day na?! Can we just work with d particular n don't bring up general cases!

I don't, even, underestimate priests, talk more of thieves!
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by dominique(f): 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
ashjay001:

Madam, d victim, claimed, 1.5m was withdrawn from his acct in a day na?! Can we just work with d particular n don't bring up general cases!

I don't, even, underestimate priests, talk more of thieves!

Only the bank can confirm how much was removed from the account. But it is very believable that up to 1.5m can be removed from an account in a day. May we not fall victim to these thieves
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by ashjay001(m): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
dominique:

Only the bank can confirm how much was removed from the account. But it is very believable that up to 1.5m can be removed from an account in a day. May we not fall victim to these thieves

Madam.
(

)
That's my white flag. I give up

1 Like

Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Biodun1929(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
WhiteLavender:
Lol. Nice place though. cheesy
Yup.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by inoki247: 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
authority2006:

alaye na lie even if e cari d card details go online portal dem go send OTP to d number Linked to d akant. moreover na dt day e block am.. google the total transactions you can do with an atm in nigeria google sef no fit ryt diz type figure
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by smileysmiley(f): 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
This man can lie for Africa sha oga find another story, we're not buying this one 1.5m from ATM in a day... story for the gods
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
favourbaby:
1.5 million naira withdrawal via ATM on a day? If the man had such money in his account, he wouldn't dare send his little son to withdraw for him.

So painful!

This is one of the people that indirectly gave Daddy B the effrontery to call Nigerian youths lazy people.

But is it the grey headed man whose picture I'm seeing that is 28 years old?
not everyone raising thieves
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by boujeeassnigga(m): 12:37am On Apr 28, 2018
Blah blah blah, is the ATM gallery in an alley or something
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by authority2006(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2018
inoki247:

alaye na lie even if e cari d card details go online portal dem go send OTP to d number Linked to d akant. moreover na dt day e block am google the total transactions you can do with an atm in nigeria google sef no fit ryt diz type figure

Not stated in the story but you can quote it out and let me see where he said so.
Re: How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) by Coolgent(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
Only lazy parents can endangere their kids by sending them to ATM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bengaluru: Nigerian Drug Peddler Arrested, Cocaine Worth 13 Lakhs Seized / Housewife Pours Hot Water On Woman For Dating Her Husband (pic) / Kidnapped Police DPO, Okoro, Released By Kidnappers After Paying N3M Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.