Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) (1259 Views)

How Do I Resolve This Diagnostic Code? / Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? / Please Urgent Advice On Mazda Cx7 Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by captainking(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gazzuzz, mayor123, nurey, Obiekediamondfuto, timifakay, honmusa, autologic, ogakazeem, luvinhubby, autojoshng, autoelectng, egunmojaji, kingreign and other car guruz... I kindly call unto thee... My friend left his Accra tl 2005 model with me, I scanned it and two codes came..p0155 and p0135. After driving it.. I scanned and another code came up.. P2279 I checked the engine and discovered one hose has broken and mended with a tape..
Please kindly advice what do to.. Cos.. I would like to fix and clear those code..
Thanks guys.. Location is ph.. Thanks guys.. Pics attached..

Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by captainking(m): 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
No response??
Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by mayor2013: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
DTC FAULT P0155 AIR FUEL RATIO A/F SENSOR BANK 2 (B2) SENSOR 1 . Inspect lambda sensor on bank2. Bank 2 is the front of your engine. Sensor 1 should be first sensor located in front of the engine(upstream).

Possible cause

1) heater element could be bad.
2) circuit problem

Solution: check resistance value using a multimeter. If you have a a scan tool you can check the sensor reading via actual values

P0135 Acura O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1

Sensor is located at the firewall (rear of the engine)

Carry same approach listed above to have it fixed

Lastly p2279: intake air Leak: have all vacuum hose inspected and fix accordingly. I would advise you have this code fixed first because the amount of intake air going to the engine has been altered so therefore lambda sensors would pick a false reading as against the norm air fuel ratio(14.7: 1). Have that intake air hose changed

N.B: Air fuel sensor might just check out fine but might come out as a fault code if you have this intake air leak

I hope this helps you

2 Likes

Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
mayor2013:
DTC FAULT P0155 AIR FUEL RATIO A/F SENSOR BANK 2 (B2) SENSOR 1 . Inspect lambda sensor on bank2. Bank 2 is the front of your engine. Sensor 1 should be first sensor located in front of the engine(upstream).

Possible cause

2) circuit problem

Solution: check resistance value using a multimeter. If you have a a scan tool you can check the sensor reading via actual values

Lastly p2279: intake air Leak: have all vacuum hose inspected and fix accordingly. I would advise you have this code fixed first because the amount of intake air going to the engine has been altered so therefore lambda sensors would pick a false reading as against the norm air fuel ratio(14.7: 1). Have that inta
ke air hose changed

N.B: Air fuel sensor might just check out fine but might come out as a fault code if you have this intake air leak

I hope this helps you

nice and precise.
start with the leaks. ... that's a very serious leak!

2 Likes

Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by thebigkendo(m): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
captainking:
Gazzuzz, mayor123, nurey, Obiekediamondfuto, timifakay, honmusa, autologic, ogakazeem, luvinhubby, autojoshng, autoelectng, egunmojaji, kingreign and other car guruz... I kindly call unto thee... My friend left his Accra tl 2005 model with me, I scanned it and two codes came..p0155 and p0135. After driving it.. I scanned and another code came up.. P2279 I checked the engine and discovered one hose has broken and mended with a tape..
Please kindly advice what do to.. Cos.. I would like to fix and clear those code..
Thanks guys.. Location is ph.. Thanks guys.. Pics attached..

The car has really been abused..
If I was in your shoes, I will go this way

- Replace the rubber mended with tape( air Intake tube )
- check around engine bay for any sensor not connected.. If any, connect it.
- check for any other torn rubber hose in the engine bay
- Clear the codes
- Drive around and see what codes come up
- Then attend to any code the ECU throws

2 Likes

Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by captainking(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
mayor2013:

Possible cause

2) circuit problem

Lastly p2279: intake air Leak: have all vacuum hose inspected and fix accordingly. I would advise you have this code fixed first because the amount of intake air going to the engine has been altered so therefore lambda sensors would pick a false reading as against the norm air fuel ratio(14.7: 1). Have that intake air hose changed

I hope this helps you
Thanks boss.. Will do that asap...
Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by captainking(m): 10:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

- Clear the codes
allrighr boss.. Will do that.. Thanks.. Though the car drives fine.. Just worried cos of the code.. Will attend to them asap

1 Like

Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by AutoElectNG: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

- Clear the codes

Seconded
Re: Help Resolve This Please.. (urgent) by AutoElectNG: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
mayor2013:

Possible cause

2) circuit problem

I hope this helps you
Lovely breakdown

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Used ES350 Lexus For 2.250M Naira @PAYANDRIVE / Thread Modifying / Comparism Of Honda Accord EOD 2005 And A Pontiac Vibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.