Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter (998 Views)

Obasanjo's Open Letter To Buhari, 2019 (Full Text) / Shehu Sani Reacts To Obasanjo’s Open Letter To Buhari / Nigerians React To Obasanjo's Open Letter To President Buhari (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by naijng: 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
On speaking in Bauchi during a state banquet in his honor on Thursday night, the President finally speaks on the harsh and strong word letter from ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo sent to him on January were he asked the current president to forget about contesting for 2019 presidential election.

According to thecable, President Buhari said that he opted for silence on the letter sent to him by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo thou the minister of Information, Lai Mohammed convinced the president that there should be a response from the FG.

The President said said;

“Tonight, I want to remind you people of what Lai Mohammed did when a letter was written on our failure as an administration. Lai Mohammed was agitated about replying but I said no. I said no for two reasons: one, he is much younger than the person who wrote the letter and myself; two, he is from the same constituency as the person who wrote the letter.

“But when Mohammed came again, I said he should go out but he said he won’t go. I asked why and he said let me give him a chance to say what he wanted, then I said go on. He said in what he would do, he would not mention names but only try to remind Nigerians what the country was when we came in, where we are now, and what we have done with the resources available to us.

“Eventually, I had to admit that he was right and I was wrong because a number of people who could get in touch with me have said that Lai did a good job. A lot of them are in the media… I am very happy with the performance of our party, the All Progressive Congress.”

Buhari also went down memory lane to narrate how the “betrayal” of some of his former political associates informed his insistence on finding credible platform that would enable him “rescue the country”.

“I will like to go down some historical antecedents so that people can assess. When we were in the APP, I went through an impartial primary and I won the ticket. I think for the third or fourth time and while I was in court, because I felt I was ready to be president, the person who was to be my vice-president, allowed himself to be appointed by the presidency,” he said.

“The chairman and vice-chairman of the party accepted; even when I was still in court as a presidential candidate. That’s why I got out and formed the CPC; when we realised that if we don’t work together, that is the opposition parties, and wrestle power from the PDP, this country would have sunk.”

Source: http://naijawhistles.com/2018/04/27/president-buhari…njos-open-letter/ ‎
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by arabmoney101(m): 9:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
grin sad
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by Sagamaje(m): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
Stupid dullardino president who is meant to be a shoe maker grin
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by obi4eze(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
angry

Buhari was never ready to be President. What else could he have said than to disgrace himself like he has always done?
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
Buhari is a fraud carried out by APC.
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by ashjay001(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
So, simple minded.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by 360degreess(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
God bless u mr.president..may God destroy the plans of your enemies especially ipob terrorists..

anybody that's hates PMB should go and hug transformer...PMB till 2023..
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by anibirelawal(m): 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Sagamaje:
Stupid dullardino president who is meant to be a shoe maker grin

Thank God you are not god!
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by anibirelawal(m): 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
360degreess:
God bless u mr.president..may God destroy the plans of your enemies especially ipob terrorists..

They are coming for you!
Re: President Buhari Finally Speaks On Obasanjo’s Open Letter by zudozz: 3:02am On Apr 28, 2018
360degreess:

herdsmen will kill all ur relatives in 1 night n leave u to be alive n supporting buhari beside their grave

(1) (Reply)

The Hunt For Melaye's Head (pics) / Oyo State Honorable Commissioner For Finance And Budget, Hon. Abimbola Adekanmbi / Amazing International Borders Around The World(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.