Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide (1611 Views)

Senate Working On A Friday Unprecedented, Says Sen. Sani / FFK To Move The Motion For Yoruba's Oduduwa Independence From Nigeria / Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by midolian(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
The Senator representing Edo South Senatorial District in the Senate and Chairman of Senate Committee on Public Accounts, Senator Matthew Uroghide, denied this evening in Benin-City that he moved a motion for the impeachment of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Following the alleged motion, Sen. Uroghide had come under attack from several groups in Edo State, with some youths attempting to manhandle him at the Benin Airport by removing his cap.

But speaking to journalists afterwards, the embattled Senator explained that he never moved a motion for the impeachment of the President on account of his anticipated approval of the sum of$496 million for the purchase of Military equipment, adding that he only called for the invocation section 143 of the Constitution, which according to him requires investigation before impeachment.

‎”I hope you people understand the working of the Senate and the positions you are talking about. I am the Chairman, Senate Committee on Public Accounts. “Every government expenditure falls on my table. If I have to do what I have to do. The President had a good intention of buying those equipment but the procedure was wrong and he has accepted that it was wrong. “We have sworn to oath that we will uphold he decision of the constitution. A good intention of buying something and a procedure that is wrong. What do we do? The only thing that concern the President office is Section 143. If you check Section 143, it is a long process. The first thing you have to do is investigation and correspondences will be entered into. “The President has to be written and reply. We have not reached the issue of impeachment.

Nobody on the floor of the Senate moved motion that the President should be impeached. “If the papers said somebody said the President should be impeached, it is out of ignorance with these ignorant youths that are misled by ignorant persons.

It is unfortunate.“I am proud to be a Senator. All revenues fall on my table. They should be proud that this is what it is. The Constitution is above every other person. We have not reached the point of impeachment that was why the Senate President said it should be referred to the judiciary so that they will advice on what to do.

“If is said the President should be impeached, then I am ignorant. Section 143 is a very long process. It will take a lot of time and actions to impeach the President. Move a motion for the President to be impeached, then I must be stupid. I only said invoke Section 143 so that processes should be followed”, Uroghide explained.

http://sunnewsonline.com/i-didnt-move-buharis-impeachment-says-sen-uroghide/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
Politicians always have way with words. And media always enjoy sensationalisation.

Technically he is right though. He didn't really move a motion for impeachment because he didn't make any attempt to fufill the condition for the first step of impeachment.

He is trying to say there is a difference between a senator saying a president should be impeached in his speech in the floor of the senate and a senator moving a motion of impeachment with all the rules of the senate and the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by 9jaArea: 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
Well we've always known that won't happen, though by this action from your constituents you'll learn not champion unpopular motions in the Senate

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by midolian(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
grin grin

Where are the intellectually lazy ones masturbating over a thread titled "how Bukola saved Buhari from impeachment" ?

You think impeachment is that easy? It will be easier to prove that No member of PDP is corrupt than to impeach Buhari. grin grin

Nobody on the floor of the Senate moved motion that the President should be impeached. “If the papers said somebody said the President should be impeached, it is out of ignorance with these ignorant youths that are misled by ignorant persons.

The emboldened is another line that is about to trend again..####Ignorant yoots grin grin

A Senator from the opposition calling the yoots ignorant should rest the case of Buhari allegedly tagging the yooots lazy.

In case you dont know, Ignorance is worse than laziness

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
So what becomes of the IPOB yoots?

Do you want us to commit mass suicide?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
Following the alleged motion, Sen. Uroghide had come under attack from several groups in Edo State, with some youths attempting to manhandle him at the Benin Airport by removing his cap.

But speaking to journalists afterwards, the embattled Senator explained that he never moved a motion for the impeachment of the President on account of his anticipated approval of the sum of$496 million for the purchase of Military equipment, adding that he only called for the invocation section 143 of the Constitution, which according to him requires investigation before impeachment.

I pity all these Northern senators following corrupt Saraki up and down.

Sai Baba Till 2023

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2018
Na opposition legislator de talk like person wey de fear so?

We have lots of balless legislators in PDP I must confess...

I know the President can't be impeached (no President in Nigeria can) but this explanation give him away as a weakling

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:
Haba wetin concern IPOB for inside this matter?
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Haba wetin concern IPOB for inside this matter?

Are you not on Nairaland? Did you not notice they carried the impeachment hoax on their heads like gala and fan yogo hawkers?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by nonoski: 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
Did this man just call Nigerian youths Lazy and ignorant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by hardywaltz(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
Lol
This poor Senator will lose his election come 2019 FeBuhari...
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
Move a motion for the President to be impeached, then I must be stupid. I only said invoke Section 143 so that processes should be followed”, Uroghide explained

See what Buhari has reduced a Whole Senator Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Corrupt Sinators!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by lilfreezy: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

If only I knew your dad the day before he banged your mom and had you, i would have advised him to...

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by midolian(m): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
nonoski:
Did this man just call Nigerian youths Lazy and ignorant?

Truth be told, that is exactly what majority of Nigerians are. I have seen enough on this forum not to doubt this assertion

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by Donpresh95(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ndị oshi. You senators can deceive others but can never deceive me. no matter how long the drama will last

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by GOATandYAMtheory: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Na opposition legislator de talk like person wey de fear so?

We have lots of balless legislators in PDP I must confess...

I know the President can't be impeached (no President in Nigeria can) but this explanation give him away as a weakling

Na so we see am o my brother cheesy cheesy

This news will break many people's heart today. Especially the lazy youths

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

Are you not on Nairaland? Did you not notice they carried the impeachment hoax on their heads like gala and fan yogo hawkers?
Well it's best we face business of politics
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
GOATandYAMtheory:
Na so we see am o my brother cheesy cheesy
I de shame for the man... Kai!!!
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:
lalasticlala
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Well it's best we face business of politics

IPOB yoots are also a creation of bad politics, so we can't leave them alone. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:
lalasticlala
Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by midolian(m): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
I am beginning to suspect this lalasticlala is into partisan politics. but we are watching angry

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
midolian:
I am beginning to suspect this lalasticlala is into partisan politics. but we are watching angry

Anything against APC/Buhari gets to the front page with the speed of the light.

Check out all "Reactions from Reno Omkri, FFK " attacking Buhari. grin

But if he manages to put one Pro Buhari/APC thread on the front-page, he will scan for three other anti APC/Buhari threads to neutralizes it.

We all know. cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by midolian(m): 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

Anything against APC/Buhari gets to the front page with the speed of the light.

Check out all "Reactions from Reno Omkri, FFK " attacking Buhari. grin

But if he manages to put one Pro Buhari/APC thread on the front-page, he will scan for three other anti APC/Buhari threads to neutralizes.

We all know. cheesy
You are right my brother..I thought i was the only one noticing this..

Check out the last 2 threads i created about Senator Shehu Sanni and FFK..their threads wont hit FP because one of them is in APC like a mole and the other is a staunch PDP member.. grin grin

lala is now bias. I am very sure grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by thatNUPEboy: 6:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
lilfreezy:

If only I knew your dad the day before he banged your mom and had you, i would have advised him to...
dry and childish

Grow up pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by rusher14: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
Lalasticlala you better prove yourself to be neutral .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by Firefire(m): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
Useless thread from terrorists and religious fanatics.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by Firefire(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
Firefire:

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by midolian(m): 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
Firefire:
grin grin grin

I know your problem firefire

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by Firefire(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2018

Re: I Didn’t Move Motion For Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Sen. Uroghide by CilicMarin: 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
midolian:

Please don't suspect him oo. I don't want to be banned for 6 Months.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna LG Polls Results / Read Full Response Of Federal Government To Obj's Arrest Claim / How Fake News By Nigeria Media Have Fueled Herdsmen Crisis : BBC News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.