Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,148 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3 (319 Views)

The Actual Need Or Purpose Of Faith .part 1 / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3

Keep Your Eyes on the Word

Right now you may be thinking, I really want to do that. I want to walk and talk by faith. The problem is, every time I look at the mess I’m in, I get discouraged.

Then stop looking at the mess! Instead, focus your attention on the promises of God.

Keep His Word in front of your eyes and in your ears until you can see it coming to pass with the eyes of your spirit.

That’s what the spirit of faith does. It looks “not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18).

Of course, I’m not saying you should ignore your problems or close your eyes to them as if they aren’t real. They are real.

But according to the Word of God, they are temporal, which means “subject to change.” And, you can be assured that if you keep looking at the Word, they will change!

Once again, we can look at Abraham’s life and see proof of that. Romans 4:18-21
says that he:

Against hope believed in hope,
that he might become the father
of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy
seed be.

And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb:

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Abraham did not consider his body.
He didn’t focus his attention on the fact that he was 100 years old.

He wasn’t looking at his wrinkled, old self saying, “Come on, old man. You can do it!” No, he knew he couldn’t bring forth a child.

He’d known that for some time. He wasn’t looking at his own ability. He was looking at God. He kept his attention on the power and promise of God until he was fully persuaded that God could and would bring it to pass.

That’s What I Call Victory!

If you want to develop the spirit of faith, that’s what you’ll do too. You won’t consider the natural impossibilities of your situation—God certainly doesn’t.

Ken and I have found that out by experience!

More than 42 years ago, when Ken was praying, down in a riverbed in Tulsa, Oklahoma, God began speaking to him about preaching to nations. God said back then that Ken would have a worldwide ministry.

It was clear God had not considered our bank account. We hardly had enough money to get across town—much less go to the nations!

But God didn’t expect us to fulfill that call. He intended to do it Himself with our faith. He intended to provide the power, the resources, the ability—everything!

All He expected us to do was believe.

That’s all He expects you to do too.
Only believe.
Isn’t that wonderfully simple?

If you’ll just believe, if you’ll just spend your time considering God’s Word instead of focusing on your own limitations, you’ll end up just like Abraham.

Exactly how did Abraham end up? Very well, I’d say. He and Sarah not only had that baby God promised, they also lived long enough to raise him.

Then, after Sarah died at 127 years old, Abraham (who was 137) remarried and had six more children.

He became exactly what he and God said he was—the father of many nations.
Now that’s what I call victory!

That’s what I call the spirit of faith!

Hallelujah.

Excerpts from, The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith by Gloria Copeland.

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army!

Contact us on WhatsApp, 08126401351
Re: The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
The End.

You can get this book and many more, just contact us on WhatsApp, 08126401351...

We Are The Liberation Army!

(1) (Reply)

Does Your Church Vet The Source Of Its Members’ Income,especially Heavy-hitters? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/05/18 / Alhamdulilah!!!!! The New Cresent Has Been Sighted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.