Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,592 members, 7,847,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos (42337 Views)

Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos by Reelmii: 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
guess that driver had taken drugs before heading for for the road
Re: 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos by DeepSight(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
plaetton:

You have completely missed my point, my dear friend.
In civilized countries, there are basic safety rules of the road that every road user must learn and pass before being permitted to drive.

Aside from that , there are layers of punitive measures, from fines, arrests, demerit points, high insurance premiums , drivers license suspensions, etc, that keeps individual drivers liable and accountable.
Over time, everyone gets used to a system of orderliness and safety while driving. Safety and courtesy becomes ingrained in their psyche.

Therefore, Safety should be the first and only abiding rule when driving.

We only speak of courtesy to other drivers because no one obeys the rules of the road in Nigeria . In fact, I guarantee you that 90% of Nigerian drivers don't even know what the basic rules of the road are.
It is because of the lawlessness on road ( driving with NO RULES) that the issue of courtesy for other road users becomes a consideration.

Now, even at that, let me remind you that showing courtesy to other road users is part and parcel of what is required to be safe on the road. That's what I mean that road safety is a shared responsibility.

Now why do we need to drive safely and be safety conscious ?

When we are operating a vehicle, we put our fragile bodies at the mercy of the laws of physics. The vehicle systems such as the breaks, the steering wheel, the signal lights, the horns, and most importantly, our eyes, ears, hand and arm reflexes, and our common sense , are all supposed to coordinate to keep us in line with the laws of physics, and prevent it from acting catastrophically upon our fragile bodies.

As you would agree with me, The Immutable laws of physics are impersonal and non negotiable.
Therefore prayers and appeals to Earth and sky deities are futile efforts.

Good heavens, are you lecturing a nursery school child - who on Earth does not know all this?
I was simply pointing at the fact that the inner being and inner mind stands above as Principal over those laws of physics in the scenario you discuss. And once that is the case there are subtler nuances at play than the rigid notions you coldly advance. Not that those notions aren't true and valid. Simple.

1 Like

Re: 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos by plaetton: 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
DeepSight:

Good heavens, are you lecturing a nursery school child - who on Earth does not know all this?
I was simply pointing at the fact that the inner being and inner mind stands above as Principal over those laws of physics in the scenario you discuss. And once that is the case there are subtler nuances at play than the rigid notions you coldly advance. Not that those notions aren't true and valid. Simple.

No sir.
I am not aware that any inner being and inner mind stands above the laws of physics. Let me reiterate that the laws of physics are immutable, impersonal and non negotiable.
When you are operating a vehicle, you place yourself at the mercy of the impersonal laws of physics. There are no subtler nuances at play , other than your safety habits and those of your fellow road users to determine whether you exit the vehicle fully intact or in broken pieces.

1 Like

Re: 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos by greatbuc(m): 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
calcal:
The government is not doing enough to prevent this.
hmm well give extra power to the Frsc and they will do the job. Those ones wey no dey hear sorry. I love America!

1 Like

Re: 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos by Hobashola(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
When I read this news this morning, I had no idea one of my very good friends was one of the dead victims. RIP bro.
Re: 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos by DeepSight(m): 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
Plaetton:

No sir.
I am not aware that any inner being and inner mind stands above the laws of physics.

That's odd. Perhaps you miss your own context. Do laws of physics drive cars absent human input? Are human concerns not the concerns at play within the context of your own comments? Do the laws of physics give a hoot if any one has an accident and dies? Please calm down and think carefully, oftentimes I find that your desperation to deny any subtle nuances of our inner spiritual nature leads you to insist on absurdity.

Let me reiterate that the laws of physics are immutable, impersonal and non negotiable.

Nobody is debating this point, so stop chasing your tail my friend.

When you are operating a vehicle, you place yourself at the mercy of the impersonal laws of physics.

If you examine this statement carefully and ponder deeply on it you will see that it contains a most startling absurdity. It starts by affirming that a human is the one in control - by stating "when you are operating a vehicle". . . this statement shows a human manipulating the laws of physics or rather using those laws to suit his own objectives. The absurdity then creeps in with the sudden reversal in immediately thereafter saying that the one in control is at the mercy of another force. Although I understand what you mean to say - to wit - the laws are there and if one operates wrongly the laws will take negative effect: you have still expressed yourself rather inelegantly. For you have more or less contradicted yourself in describing a human being as being in control of something that he is at the mercy of.

Interestingly this paradox is still true of life in the realm of man and nature in general terms, so yes I do appreciate the point. Nevertheless what you miss is the element of mind.

I sense you have not fully appreciated the gravity of the principle of mind over matter in this particular matter, no pun intended.

There are no subtler nuances at play , other than your safety habits and those of your fellow road users to determine whether you exit the vehicle fully intact or in broken pieces.

This is shallow.
There are always unseen mind elements at play in all things about life.
The accident that is going to happen will happen, no matter the precautions taken. This is something you may or may not understand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man In Nigeria Gushes About Mobile Policemen Protecting Him (Pic / Man Raises Concern Over Cracked Basement Pillar At The Lagos Airport (Photo) / Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.