Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Facebook Page Likes Don’t Matter - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Why Facebook Page Likes Don’t Matter (368 Views)

Using Discussion Platforms Get Free Instagram Likes And Followers / Why Facebook Just Changed Its Company Logo? / 7 Reasons Why Facebook Should Divert Into Entertainment And Not E-commerce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Facebook Page Likes Don’t Matter by Omokowa(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
Facebook Likes Don’t Matter

Recently, I’ve taken over managing all Facebook advertising campaigns for a client who doesn’t really know much about marketing and, to be honest, doesn’t really believe in marketing. Pretty much all this client knows about Facebook is that they can get “Page Likes” for their business. To date, that’s all they’ve cared about. They’ve seen how many Page Likes their competitor has and have been hell bent on exceeding that number at any cost.

Facebook Page Likes Mean Nothing if You Don’t Know What to Do With Them!

For the last year, this client has poured their hard earned dollars into a Facebook campaign to grow their number of followers. Each month when they see that the number has grown, they’re excited to believe that they’re winning the popularity contest, finally exceeding their biggest competitor. It sounds great in theory, right? “Oh wow, all these people like my business!”

My first question when I took over the account was, “What have they been doing with all these Page Likes?” The answer? Absolutely nothing.

Just Because Someone Likes Your Page, It Doesn’t Mean They’re Seeing Your Content

Facebook’s organic reach — the number of people who see your content without you paying to promote it — is declining regularly. Some experts even predict that organic reach will eventually drop to zero. When you think about it, you’re competing for space in a Facebook user’s News Feed. They’re seeing posts from hundreds of friends and family: updates from Aunt Sally’s vacation, photos from Cousin Rachel’s wedding, etc. They’re seeing sponsored advertisements from companies willing to pay for that prime space. Finally, they’re seeing other organic posts from pages they follow and, if they’re anything like me, their newsfeed is full of cat memes and funny pet videos!

Facebook wants to serve you the very best content. Stories that you’re going to engage with by commenting, liking, sharing. As a result, they simply can’t show you absolutely everything. They’ll serve the content that their algorithm predicts will perform best.

While the idea of having 50,000 followers of Facebook seems exciting, you’ll be lucky if your posts reach maybe 10-12% of your fan base. As I mentioned above, the News Feed is a competitive space and you’ve got to pay to play!

In short, having Facebook followers is great but it’s meaningless unless you have a strategy in place to engage them.

Other important things to understand:

It Doesn’t Mean They’re Engaged with Your Brand

It Doesn’t Mean They’re Your Ideal Customer

Facebook followers can absolutely still be valuable. When you’re regularly posting valuable content, you’re building a relationship with your fan base over time. These people potentially have an affinity for your brand. They are most likely to have read your content or purchased from you before. They see your content organically, or at least some of them do.

Just don’t let the number of Facebook Page Likes you have distract you from your ultimate business goal – making sales!

http://informationsecret.com

Re: Why Facebook Page Likes Don’t Matter by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Logistar Express Courier Service. / Brand New Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Dual Sim 165k / I Need You If You Take Amazon India Order!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.