Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Who no Phpbb - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who no Phpbb (1119 Views)

Help. How Do I Add My Site's Banner To My Phpbb Forum Page? / Smf Vs Vbulletin Vs Phpbb / Where To Get PhpBB Forum Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who no Phpbb by jozzy: 11:48pm On Mar 15, 2007
I have phpbb in wish i download from there site and I what put Forum on my site please can someone who no how to install put me on because I don’t know how to go about it I will be happy if you post me the solution
Re: Who no Phpbb by alexis(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2007
have you read the installation manual? That is the first thing you should read
Re: Who no Phpbb by jozzy: 1:32am On Mar 23, 2007
Yes have read it but i can still get
Re: Who no Phpbb by drixie: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2007
jozzy:

I have phpbb in wish i download from there site and I what put Forum on my site please can someone who no how to install put me on because I don’t know how to go about it I will be happy if you post me the solution

Firstly, you will need to set up the SQL database. To install phpBB, you will need the following information from your SQL database :

1. Server Hostname / DNS
2. Database name
3. Database user name
4. Database password

After doing this, you are then ready to upload your download of phpBB, which you can get from HERE. Acknowledging the fact that you have downloaded an extracted it to the folder that you want it. Then, simply upload that folder onto your public area of you webspace.

*Note* All image files should be uploaded in binary mode, and all other files in ASCII mode.

With the files uploaded, you will now need to change the permissions of the file 'config.php' prior to running the installation so that the script can write to the file. You will need to set the permission to 666.

You are now ready to actually install the phpBB forum.

Now point your browser to the path which may look something like http://www.yoursite.com/phpbb/install/install.php. Now comes the part with the Database you created.

Database Type Field :
Select the database type you are using making sure it is the correct version.

You will now need to enter the database information :

1. Server Hostname / DNS
2. Database name
3. Database user name
4. Database password

If unsure, ask you web provider / host.

Prefix For Tables In Database Field

Unless you have any specific reason to change it, (eg. multiple installations of phpBB) the default table prefix will work fine.

You will now need to enter the email address where as an administrator, you will receive various notifications in the course of running the board.

Now create an admin user name and password. You will use this to login to the administration panel and manage the board.

Now hit the Start install button.

You are now almost done, now go back to the ftp client, and change the permission of config.php to 644.

Now press the Finish Install button.

You will then get a message saying 'Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted. Do this via your FTP client.

This is a very important otherwise you are leaving a serious potential security issue which may lead to deletion or alteration of files.

Well done!

You have now succesfully installed phpBB on your site. Now you can login as admin to start configuring your board. Typically, the login URL will be something like http://www.yoursite.com/phpbb/login.php

anymore questions? get me at sydneycollins3@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Master Wordpress / Website Designer Needed / Nigeria's First Online Network For Creative People And Creative Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.