Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,437 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Coren, Nse & The Engineering Situation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Coren, Nse & The Engineering Situation (434 Views)

Uniabuja, AAU, MAU: No Accreditation On Engineering Courses - Coren / NSE Rewards 2020 Best JAMB Engineering Candidates With N16m (Photos) / Is Electrical/electronic Engineering The Best In The Engineering Field? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coren, Nse & The Engineering Situation by obonujoker(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
While at school I was meant to believed that they are three professional courses in Nigeria, the engineering,the law and medicine and that they two faculties in the world,faculty engineering and the others.

But as I grew up I realized that engineering in Nigeria makes no sense because of our predecessors and people we are supposed to look up to, people that are supposed to carry the profession with high self esteem and lay down good foundation for the up coming ones. Look at the medical sector and the legal practitioners they don't joke with their bodies(association), let alone the up coming ones in that field, you can't penetrate them using money and the have standards for themselves and the younger ones coming up,their governing bodies are very strong and have good policies and even extend it to their younger ones starting from school days but what happen to the engineering sector nothing to write home about.

Among the three professions,engineering is very weak and easy to penetrate,because there is no standard.....wehave two great bodies that regulate the profession in Nigeria ,COREN and NSE....but you find out that people in the bodies are not even engrs inclined, politicians have politicised the bodies and it a way that engrs are not even respected in country let alone have a say, what a shame to engineering profession.

Now they are telling you,after you finished five years in school you should work for four years before u can be inducted into the body as an Engr,now I ask the experience they want us to get have made provision for the job, and even after that, is it a guarantee?? The answer is big NO.

While don't we have what I call engineering school in the country, where these two bodies will be in charge so that after school, you go and acquire one important skill and they induct you as an engr from there introduce you to places in the country.................they should think about it...it is very important

Copied####

https://mbasic./101675413013?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9283142500
Re: Coren, Nse & The Engineering Situation by ultron12345: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
point of correction, there are only 2 faculties in university, faculty of clinical/medical sciences and others.

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass Post-utme Admission Screening Exams For 2018/2019 Academic Session / Save Akeem / Still "No Result Yet "For Just Release Reschedule Jamb Exam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.