Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Mssql Php Connection - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mssql Php Connection (599 Views)

Asp.net And Mssql / I Need A Webhosting With Mssql Database And Glassfish Server / Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mssql Php Connection by Easyphp: 10:04am On May 19, 2010
HELLO NAIRALANDERS

I have about 10 computer on a local network of which one is the server (MSSQL SERVER 2005)
Am writing an application on one system with php
i want to connect to the MSSQL database on the server with php so on my connection page i have this script

<?php

$server = 'kalustech\SQLEXPRESS';

$link = mssql_connect($server, 'username', 'password');

if (!$link) {
die('Could not connect to MSSQL');
}

?>

i try it but it did not connect to it, is that script correct? or how should i put it
Re: Mssql Php Connection by Easyphp: 10:20am On May 19, 2010
Before than i try using mysql because am pretty good with mysql but i have not use it on a local network b4
if i install the mysql (wamp) on the computer that serve as the main server on the network, what will be the hostname (kalutech or localhost of apache)?

(the network hostname is kalutech)

<?php
$host = "localhost";
$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "username", "password"wink;

if (!$link) {
die('could not connect to MYSQL');
}
?>

(1) (Reply)

Help Review / I Need A Programmer Asap / Worldshire-New Social Media Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.