Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi (60279 Views)

List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT / We've Paid June Salaries Without Federal Allocation, Says Ugwuanyi / State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Franking: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
That's why they'll rather die than contemplate secession.
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by spiritedtete: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Part of what we need in Nigeria is resource control... to be honest for us to improve as an individual we need to split. Let each region declare her republic.

I don't see Nigeria working at all. But Hausas rather die... than for Nigeria to split

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by hardywaltz(m): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Warstart
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Mcreloaded(m): 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
Since banks have merged and churches have merged even families in various communities have merged I see no reason why states can't merge.
Just trying to make common sense out of this ninsence Nigeria we find ourselves

3 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by CarlosTheJackal: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
This thread will surely descend into dick measurement. The North is more parasitic than bedbug

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Ojiofor: 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
sinkhole:
The guy na professional commenter grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just tire for some people o grin.
He just pick on Abia thinking that Abia state must be among the 14 never do well states grin.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by olex88: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Lagos is a country in it own
Nawa oooo
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nonaira1: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
I thought the people from the waste side claimed Osun has the largest gpd and igr than all Southern region and aren't depend on government allocation. LMFAO at the contradiction. Anyway, this shithole b is just a joke. Giant of Africa and the most progressive my ass

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by CSTR1003: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
Why are oil producing states like akwaibom listed?
It is like adding salt to injury.
It is their oil money that FG uses.

If akwwaibom gets at least 50% of the oil gas revenues generated from the state, it should be at least triple their current federal allocation, same for many of the oil states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by olex88: 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
Lagos Is a country on it own
Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Rexnegro(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
trapQ:
If not for Niger Delta....
if not for God

2 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by SmartPolician: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abagworo, what did your boss do to increase the IGR of Imo State?

I want to hear some lies grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by ksbusari(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
Osun State must be there. lol
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by 234GT(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
I'm very proud of my state-Ogun.

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nedfed(m): 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
Kwara with is improvement in its IGR of N19 billion the state still remain far behind.
The state av being suffering from the hand of Saraki's since 60's.

2 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by maisauki: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
trapQ:
If not for Niger Delta....
d north would have died of hunger as if they relied on oyel in d previous centuries

2 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by CSTR1003: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
olex88:
Lagos is a country in it own
Nawa oooo
If Nigeria ever practice federalism, there is no way Lagos would remain the highest earner.

That honour will go to the major oil states.

6 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
TheAngry1:
The rorth is Nigeria's problem, even the north knows this. Insult me and receive curse...
and what is the south doing....i mean southern politicians and elites
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
Dee60:

OUR LEADERS CONTINUE TO PLAY POLITICS WITH THE FUTURE OF NIGERIA.

SOME STATES ARE NO MORE THAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OR COUNTIES.

WE DONT NEED MORE THAN 6-8 STATES AT THIS PRESENT TIME AND PERHAPS NOT MORE THAN 40 LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCILS.

WE DO NOT NEED THE SENATE. A HOUSE OF REPS WITH 40 PEOPLE SHOULD SUFFICE.

EMPOWER THE FEW STATES. HAVE STATE POLICE. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE NOT MORE THAN 25% OF THE NATIONAL INCOME AND THAT SHOULD BE FOR DEFENCE AND SECURITY AND FOREIGN AFFAIRS ONLY.
That will not work.

Proximity to certain structures always tends to lead to unbalanced IGR generation.
You are advocating for regions, in this our present stage it won't work.

What we should be advocating for is the gradual withdrawal of allocations from the federal government and proper empowerment of the private sector, until we can do away with language and tribalism, you are only having a wishful thinking.

3 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by MrRichmond: 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
When southerners are talking, Northerners should keep kwayet!
As small as Lagos is, it is generating more revenue than 30 states put together.
Only 3 northern states in the whole of Nigeria with impressive IGR
and they will be shouting that GEJ stole Nigeria's money, as if they even contributed anything to it.
I suggest we follow American electoral standard for voting and allocate high points to economically vibrant states and low points to weak states.
So that winning in economically strong states will improve one's chances of becoming president.
If this is done, the north will become virtually useless when it comes to elections.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by kernel507: 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
hisgrace090:
Why is abia state so back word despite it position in Nigeria?

Just look at the anambra giant stride a state almost at per with abia state.

Please read the article/report again.
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by asawanathegreat(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
Thank God my state is included
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
And they keep repeating old IGR figure for Rivers State year in year out.
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
Merge some of these states for crying out loud. Abia and Imo should be one, Ekiti and Osun should be one, Bayelsa and Cross Rivers and so forth. These states can't survive even with the help of FG. And FG should try and build better infrastructure in these states. It's not rocket science....

3 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by TheAngry1: 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
and what is the south doing....i mean southern politicians and elites

I repeat, the North is Nigeria's problem, and the north knows it

2 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Abagworo(m): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
SmartPolician:
Abagworo, what did your boss do to increase the IGR of Imo State?

I want to hear some lies grin

Correction... Okorocha is not and cannot be my boss though I'm his fan because he's doing well to reposition the State for future. The States with high IGR already had it going long before States creation and all they need is to collect transport or commercial levies to generate revenue. Before now Ekeukwu Owerri was the largest market in Imo State and there were no organized market systems to generate funds but with what Okorocha has done with cargo Airport and new organjzed markets as well as the building materials at Naze by Ohakim, expect the IGR of Imo to grow in the next couple of years.

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ojiofor:

Did you read the topic at all?

The report also listed states with Impressive IGR for the year 2017 which included Kwara, Kano,Kaduna , Ogun, Rivers, Edo, Enugu, Delta, Cross River, Anambra, Oyo and Abia States and Lagos state.
did you read his comment at all

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ojiofor:

Did you read the topic at all?

The report also listed states with Impressive IGR for the year 2017 which included Kwara, Kano,Kaduna , Ogun, Rivers, Edo, Enugu, Delta, Cross River, Anambra, Oyo and Abia States and Lagos state.
Dont be surprise he read upside down
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by jibs4lv(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
77ShadowStreet:
List the states and forget about irrelevant talk. keep it simple stupid. post a link for those who care to know further .

states that can't survive without federal allocation
1 Ekiti
2 Osun
3 Edo
4 Bayelsa
5 Akwa Ibom
6 Ondo
7 Kogi
8 Borno
9 Delta (I don try , someone else can complete am grin )
10 Osun

4 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by jibs4lv(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
77ShadowStreet:
List the states and forget about irrelevant talk. keep it simple stupid. post a link for those who care to know further .

states that can't survive without federal allocation
1 Ekiti
2 Osun
3 Edo
4 Bayelsa
5 Akwa Ibom
6 Ondo
7 Kogi
8 Borno
9 Delta (I don try , someone else can complete am grin )

4 Likes

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
''
Pointing Lagos as the state with the highest IGR, the state remains steadfast in its number one position in IGR with a total revenue generation of N333 billion compared to FAA of N201 billion which translate to 165 per cent in the twelve months of 2017''

I am not surprised, quoting the OP from the above. Make I recite Lagos' lullaby small grin....Lasgidi, the city of hope, the cosmopolitan city I rep wella, the 4th largest economy in Africa, wey beat many country in Africa in economic ratings. Lasgidi, Ilu ogbon, where everybody stands the chance of becoming somebody, Lasgidi I greet you, a city where a non-indigene would come and live in, bringing only a shirt and a Ghana must go bag and the same would leave, having millions in his pocket and becoming the bread winner of of his family. Lasgidi, a country in a country. Lasgidi, kare ooooooooo wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
TheAngry1:

I repeat, the North is Nigeria's problem, and the north knows it
guy leave north alone....wat are d south doing nobe sm of our elites De connive with dem

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Bala Mohammed Holding His Umbrella Under Heavy Downpour / Magnus Abe Celebrating Supreme Court Judgement (Photos) / Beaten In Germany, Accused Of Forgery, Times Ekweremadu Made Headlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.