Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life (7556 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Daemonsanti(m): 7:11am On May 01, 2018
Holywizard:
Many years ago when I was coming back from lectures there was this young sachet water hawker that was trying to rush to some group of students at our back but Lo and behold, his basket of sachet water fell from head and many busted.He started crying heavily and I was so moved because he might be staying with a guardian meaning he may see hell at home. I gave him a #200 note and he stopped crying. Since that day we became friends. He once came to my lodge and I gave him food.
God bless all the kind hearted men on earth
God bless you bros.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Holywizard: 7:48am On May 01, 2018
Bless you too bro.
Daemonsanti:
God bless you bros.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:00am On May 01, 2018
Holywizard:
Many years ago when I was coming back from lectures there was this young sachet water hawker that was trying to rush to some group of students at our back but Lo and behold, his basket of sachet water fell from head and many busted.He started crying heavily and I was so moved because he might be staying with a guardian meaning he may see hell at home. I gave him a #200 note and he stopped crying. Since that day we became friends. He once came to my lodge and I gave him food.
God bless all the kind hearted men on earth

This got me thinking. It really pays to do good.

Nice one bro
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Holywizard: 8:02am On May 01, 2018
Thanks
xxxtedyxxx:

This got me thinking. It really pays to do good.

Nice one bro
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:35am On May 02, 2018
It always pays to do good because our good deeds always come back to us in the future.

Lalasticlala don't you agree? wink
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:17pm On May 02, 2018
We should all learn to be good. smiley

cc: lalasticlala ; seun; mynd44
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:41am On May 05, 2018
touching post
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:53am On May 09, 2018
remain blessed by this:

cc lalasticlala
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Ugosample(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2018
That's why Nigeria is a shithole
Useless black monkeys being incredibly wicked to each other
the haves oppressing the haves not..
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Youngboss54(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2018
mr tedy, please i would like to chat privately with you. am in a serious dilemma here on how to go about with the female folks
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by JhyMedex: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2018
prisiluv:
The world is designed in such a way, that whatever you do, good or bad, comes back to you in multiple folds. The interesting part is that you don't even need to believe in the authenticity of this "law" to have it's effect in your life... Never get tired of doing good. For in due season...
Nice one @ OP
U look like a chic frm Benue? Am i ryt. ?
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by prisiluv(f): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
JhyMedex:

U look like a chic frm Benue? Am i ryt. ?
No, you're not.
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by JhyMedex: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
prisiluv:
No, you're not.
awww...lwt me down easy... u kinda looked like a Friend's Sis..grin
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
true talk.
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
cc lalasticlala mynd44 seun ishilove
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by TissuePaper: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2018
Lalasticlala why not take this touching story to front page for all to see undecided
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by CAPSLOCKED: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
xxxtedyxxx:
This happened to me two days ago on my way to Iyana Ipaja.

I was in a bus yesterday when I espied a "Galla" seller in the distance, manoeuvring his way through traffic. A driver in a blue camry had motioned him. Instead of waiting for the hawker to reach him, the cab driver increased his speed- fast enough to make the hawker start running to reach him.

The "Gala boy" kept on chasing him, hoping somehow, he would reach him and make a sale.

A trailer ahead caused the driver to slow down. Just then, the hawker reached him and lowered his carton of gala in fron of him.

Instead of picking one and paying immediately, the driver decided to pick one then dropping it immediately to pick up another. He continued this way, picking one up, squeezing it, and dropping it again.

Finally, he picked one up, examined it for a while—and just when I tthought he would pay—he dropped it and zoom of.

The hawker couldn't believe what had just happened. He stood there like a statue, carton of gala in hand. I could tell from a distance that he wasn't happy.

The blare of a bus coming behind startled him back to consciousness.

I alighted from the bus, crossed to the other side of the road, and headed towards his direction. I slowed down my pace when I spotted him from afar heading towards me. He was about to walk past me when I stopped him.

"Guy how far, Give me four Gala there," I said.

"Which type bros, " he replied calmly, setting his carton of Gala on his thigh"

"Normal Gala guy," I replied, handing him a neat N200 naira note.

" Thanks," he said, his frown transformed into a smile as he raised the carton and balanced it on his strong shoulders.

"No probs guys." I said.

After a few steps, I turned around and saw him selling to another customer. I smiled, crossed to the other side and boarded another bus.

Life is not that HARD, yet we make it HARD via our actions.

Do something that will make someone smile today. Look for someone around you who is feeling down, and say something to life them up.

Look for that person in your life that you have been having issues with. Forgive them or apologise--then MOVE ON.

Life is too short to be keeping malice.
Make someone happy today.

Sorry no pictures or video. There was no reason to snap the guy.

SUGARDROPSTED
I RECOGNIZE THIS MONIKER AND YOUR FACE FROM 2GO 2011. JESUS! HAHAHAHA grin

I'M GIVING MY MEMORY AN AWARD.
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by bayocanny: 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
prisiluv:
The world is designed in such a way, that whatever you do, good or bad, comes back to you in multiple folds. The interesting part is that you don't even need to believe in the authenticity of this "law" to have it's effect in your life... Never get tired of doing good. For in due season...
Nice one @ OP
what a beautiful piece.
are you related to Ivan Perisic?
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Teaser4(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
this happened during my nysc days in lafia, Nasarawa state. I was on the bike heading to market to buy food stuffs, I noticed a small Hausa girl crying with her stuffs on her head, I think she sells food. she crying out loud and screaming also creating a scenario, she was speaking Hausa language and serious wailing. I told the biker to stop, I told him to ask what went wrong, she said some folks ate and absconded, I asked how much was the bill, she said #600, I gave her a #1000 note and she stopped crying. I do these things often. I find it convenient. It's good to help others in need.

6 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
true talk.

lalasticlala seun
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
Teaser4:
this happened during my nysc days in lafia, Nasarawa state. I was on the bike heading to market to buy food stuffs, I noticed a small Hausa girl crying with her stuffs on her head, I think she sells food. she crying out loud and screaming also creating a scenario, she was speaking Hausa language and serious wailing. I told the biker to stop, I told him to ask what went wrong, she said some folks ate and absconded, I asked how much was the bill, she said #600, I gave her a #1000 note and she stopped crying. I do these things often. I find it convenient. It's good to help others in need.

God bless you. It pays to give than to receive. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2018
Happy sunday.
Keep helping the less privileged in the society. They need you.

Cc lalasticlala
Cc seun
Cc ishilove
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
true...touching story.

cc lalasticlala
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Still trending.

Lear to be good

Seen lalasticlala
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
learn from this
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
true talk
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2018
very touching

cc lalasticlala

thanks
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2019
touching

Cc: lalasticlala
seun
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2020
cc lalasticlala seun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ Some Amazing Facts About Bahamas, Dubai, And Barbados. / Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.