Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

“I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” (346 Views)

Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency / 2019: What Will Happen To Nigerians If Buhari Decides To Re-contest - Shehu Sani / "I Will Kill 200 Nigerians If Buhari Dies" – Police Officer From Borno Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” by madamwash: 12:54am On Apr 30, 2018
“I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that if not for education, he may have been one of the Fulani herdsmen clashing with farmers across the country.

The President said during his two-day state visit to Bauchi State on Thursday at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium, Bauchi, where he inaugurated the 261 Nigerian Air Force Referral Hospital, some roads and five tractors and some farm implements.

Buhari addressed thousands of Bauchi residents in Hausa.

He encouraged them to allow their children to go to school.

He said, “Make every effort to put your children in school, plead with them to be patient and read hard. In this generation, you cannot make it except you are educated.

“Now, look at the farmers /herdsmen’s clashes in the northern part of this country. I have been telling people that if I had not gone to school, I would not have gone into the military and where I come from since my cows are finished; maybe, I would have been involved in this fight.

“But because I went to school, I got a job to do and because of that, desertification is everywhere, there is no bush we will go to and cut down trees and destroy farms and the rainy season is not promising. Because of that, education is the guarantee.

“You should strive hard and be educated, get the education that will benefit you and the society, it is not compulsory that government will give you what to do.”

http://nwanyiocha.com/2018/04/29/i-would-have-been-part-of-herdsmen-attacking-nigerians-if-not-for-education-buhari/

Re: “I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 30, 2018
Say what??
Re: “I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 1:44am On Apr 30, 2018
The education has made you wise in such a way that you sit at you comfort zone and direct the uneducated herdsmen to carry out the attacking job for you.

I wonder the education sef.
Re: “I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking Nigerians, If Not For Education,” by BabaRamota1980: 1:51am On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari is politically ineptitude. He has been in corridors of politics snd power a long time but failed to acquire political ingenuity. Compare this stewpid statement with how it would have come out in the lips of someone like Obasanjo, with whom Buhari share a parallel tenure and professional background.

Imagine Obasanjo saying if i hadn't joined military I would have been a gun-carrying member of militants....even though we know that calling befits an unpolished Obassnjo, wisdom would prevail on Baba to restrain his tongue and speak instead to compassion for victims of militancy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Saraki Sets Up Committee To Establish National Assembly Museum / Lies, Damned Lies And The "Technical" Lies Of Buhari's Propagandists / Be A Part Of Sharara Reporters Boss's Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.