Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! (578 Views)

AAC Suspends Sowore Omoyele As National Chairman / Who Will Be Nigeria's Next President Come 2019? (Pictured) / Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by TakeitBack: 3:27am On Apr 30, 2018
2019: I am Ready To Sacrifice My Life For Nigeria, Sowore says

Pro-democracy activist and publisher of SaharaReporters, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, has declared that he is willing and ready to sacrifice his life to leave a good legacy for Nigeria.

Sowore, a former leader of University of Lagos students’ union spoke at a town hall meeting organised by Take it back Movement at the ancient city of Ibadan, Oyo State, on Friday.

Sowore, who has indicated interest in running for the presidency in Nigeria’s 2019 general elections, went down memory lane to intimate his supporters on the legacy he left behind at UNILAG by protecting students even in the face of gunshots by security operatives. Omoyele Sowore SaharaReporters Media

"The day I left University of Lagos at least 5 people were killed by the guards and what was I doing at that time, I wanted to leave a legacy at the University of Lagos that I can sacrifice my life to protect others who needed a future. I have brought myself out again," the publisher of Sahara Reporter said.

The presidential aspirant was received by a mammoth crowd of young and old persons who wanted to hear from the man with ears for the grassroots on arrival at Ibadan.

Speaking with reporters, some of those who attended the meeting gave reasons why they believed in the presidential ambition of Sowore.

A man who did not want his name mentioned said "He (Sowore) has been on the frontline of the struggle to make the Nigeria of our dream. The moment he came out boldly to take the mantle of the struggle. I decided to support him because he is a man of vision".

Another supporter, who squeezed out time from his busy schedule to attend the town hall meeting said "Because of my believe in the person of Omoyele Sowore that is why I took time out of my busy schedule to come for the town hall meeting"

Taking a cue from Martin Luther King Jnr, Sowore said at the event: " I have been to the mountain top and have seen the promise land it doesn't matter what happen to me now"

Those who attended the meeting left fully assured that with the advent of Sowore, the Nigerian political space is set for a major, positive disruption.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/04/07/2019-i-am-ready-sacrifice-my-life-nigeria-sowore-says

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by ameri9ja: 3:30am On Apr 30, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by ibkgab001: 4:17am On Apr 30, 2018
Let’s see how it goes
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by lilfreezy: 5:51am On Apr 30, 2018
You dey craze op
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by hypertension(m): 5:56am On Apr 30, 2018
This sowore guy cannot be trusted. Someone that behaves like a tout and lies with confidence.

Na Buhari cos this rubbish. If not for his legendary FAILURE who go even suggest Sowore.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by thesicilian: 6:01am On Apr 30, 2018
In as much as we need a change of leadership from the old and clueless to the young and innovative, we do not want someone who is not experienced, someone who hasn't been tested at any level of political leadership apart from school politics.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by slimfit1(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2018
thesicilian:
In as much as we need a change of leadership from the old and clueless to the young and innovative, we do not want someone who is not experienced, someone who hasn't been tested at any level of political leadership apart from school politics.

What do you mean by experience, did Obama have experience ? NO. What we need is will to do things the right way and the will.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by hypertension(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2018
slimfit1:

What do you mean by experience, did Obama have experience ? NO. What we need is will to do things the right way and the will.

Obama was a senator oh. Go check. Sowore is just not what Nigeria needs now.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by thesicilian: 8:19am On Apr 30, 2018
slimfit1:

Don't say what you don't know. He was a Senator for years before vying for Presidency. Read up the history of Obama before you compare him to a blogger.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by ClumsyFlimsy: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2018
To hell with that propagandist swore

What we need is buhari till 2030 maybe by the tone his fulani brethren are done with those middle belt slaves people go get sense

Sai baba

To hell with atiku, sowore, Donald duke and all other mother fuckers who want to stop sai baba from dividing this shithole

Buhari till zombies get sense

I swear anything wry go make me vote next year if no be buhari I no vote kikiki

Sai baba grin
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by Clentuzbaba(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
To hell with that propagandist swore

What we need is buhari till 2030 maybe by the tone his fulani brethren are done with those middle belt slaves people go get sense

Sai baba

To hell with atiku, sowore, Donald duke and all other mother fuckers who want to stop sai baba from dividing this shithole

Buhari till zombies get sense

I swear anything wry go make me vote next year if no be buhari I no vote kikiki

Sai baba grin

One of d ppu OBJ said their head needed to b checked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by mpianya39(m): 10:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Afonja when will you guys start to support a zoogerian who is not from afonjaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by slimfit1(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2018
hypertension:

Obama was a senator oh. Go check. Sowore is just not what Nigeria needs now.

So what have all the people with experience done for us. What about Trump look at how he is getting results with is inexperience.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by ClumsyFlimsy: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2018
Clentuzbaba:

Shut up you worthless inconsequential nincompoop
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by ClumsyFlimsy: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2018
Clentuzbaba:

Shut up you worthless inconsequential nincompoop
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Sowore Omoyele As Next President, Come 2019! by chiagozien(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2018
No reasonable igbo man will vote for that stupid yellowbar man.

(1) (Reply)

Governors Must Have At Least Five Credits / Lazy Youth Statement-Buhari Was Right In All Ramifications!! / Nigeria Prison Service And Their Recruitment Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.