Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,084 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

“you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians (1848 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Gives Up: "Nigeria Is Not Worth Dying For" / Reno Omokri Dumps Politics: Nigerians Are Ungrateful, They Deserve Buhari Govt / Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Opinionated: 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2018

A legal practitioner and social commentator, Kurtis Adigba has criticised Nigerians over what he perceives to be the double standards we portray as a people. Read his post on the topic next…

Some Nigerians and fake sensitivity! The social media is replete with the condemnation of Festus Keyamo SAN after his appearance on “POLITICS” with Seun Okinbaloye on Channels TV.

Last night, was his first on the show after his appointment as the spokesperson of the Buhari Campaign Organization. Until his appointment 2 weeks ago, and his appearance last night, he was the champion of the people, the defender of the poor, the human rights advocate, and the crusader for justice, and just anything they thought of him. But you know what? Keyamo, is now a traitor, a villain, a sell-out, a turncoat, a man without conscience, and so on. Common (sic) folks, just an appearance on a TV show to air his views on a National issue has made Keyamo the most despicable person? In a country where values and morality are dead because of political partisanship? Give me a break!

Let me ask with due respect to you guys: how many of you tearing into Keyamo are qualified to hold water for him to wash his hands? How many of you identified with, or joined him in his frequent battles with the government? How many of you are better morally than him? How many of you has contributed more to the development of the country than him? How many?

Festus Keyamo, realized that as an outsider, you can’t do much to change the system. He threw his hat into the ring and joined politics. He joined the APC, and contested for the governorship seat of Delta State. He lost in some controversial circumstance. He stayed in the party working and walking his way up within the party. He is now the spokesperson of the campaign organization of the presumptive nominee of his party. Who are you? You are not even a member of any political party where decisions are made! You are a professional critic, a do nothing professor of good governance on social media, a theorist of good value who is numb to corruption because of partisanship, and a destroyer per excellence.

We complain about incompetent people in governance but we are quick to condemn them when they go into politics and try to make a difference. A political party, is not a church or mosque. A politician, is not a pastor or an imam. The rules of politics are not in tandem with religion. And how many of us are even practicing our religion according to the rules and principles! What is happening to Festus Keyamo is the reason why decent professionals don’t want to venture into politics. If you think you are better, please join a party, and show us how it should be done.

And for all of you attacking Keyamo today, please know: that the “prostitute “ today, was once a virgin.

Do you know why we have fewer human rights advocates today? I will tell you. They have realized you are an ungrateful people not worth fighting for, or dying for. When they are detained because of fighting for you, you don’t protest to have them released. You don’t care about their families. When they offer themselves for elective positions, you don’t vote for them. Tell me which country with sane electorates, would not have voted for Gani Fawehinmi? When he sought for our votes, he got less than 30,000 votes nationwide . And we keep expecting them to fight and die for us?

source:
“You are an ungrateful people not worth fighting for”, Lawyer slams Nigerians over attacks on Festus Keyamo (SAN)

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Evablizin(f): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
. . .

1 Like

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kai. This guy hit the nail on the head. Nigerians not worth fighting for. Exactly what happened to Kanu. I'm so shocked that Nigerians just forgot about him like that. I thought heaven will fall down when he was killed by the military, but nothing, just dead silence. Very shocking.

1 Like

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Benjom(m): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
"Double Standards?"... He's talking to himself and that profession in general cool

1 Like

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by neonly: 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2018

2 Likes

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by CarlosTheJackal: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Tell that Lawyer that both him and Festus Keyamo are mad.

I forgot to put Bihari there.

Buhari, you are also Mad

4 Likes

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Kaycee7(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
He's not wrong. The common Nigerian has a selfish and backward mentality.
I advocate the stellar educating and ethical grooming of the next generation.

2 Likes

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by 7lives: 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
God bless this lawyer for hitting the nail on the head.
Ekiti people how far, Falana contested to become the Governor of Ekiti, he did not win.
Omo olomo la a ran ni ishe de t'oru t'oru.
Oyo state voted Comrade Lam Adesina.
Ogun state voted Olusegun Osoba.
Lagos state voted Bola Tinubu.
Ondo voted Adefarati.
Osun voted Bisi Akande.
Edo voted Comrade Oshiomole.
For giving honours to whom it's due, all these states are moving up, slowly and steadily.
Let Ekiti people tell us why Falana CANNOT become Governor in Ekiti.
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by TheFreeOne: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
I watched the interview yesterday.

Keyamo is a disgrace to the law profession for supporting illegality by Buhari.

How can a lawyer keeps insisting that Buhari is right spending over $400m dollars without appropriation by NASS when the supreme court has given judgement that ECA account is illegal and that revenues should be disbursed through federation account?

Yeye belle front lawyer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
This guy is a good fool

Why won't the devil be torn apart since he pitched his tent with the APC...
This is a party that declared jihad on Christian minorities and uplift injustice and evil in the land

1 Like

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by lecowas: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Its safe to generalize that almost everyone in Nigeria knows this by now. Nigerians are not worth fighting for, its you and ur head(plus family if u're generous).
When I was serving my fatherland in obedience to the clarion call, some of my colleagues don't always come to the school we were supposed to be serving but I always defend them to the extent that the principal (and VP admin) of the school determined that I will be the scapegoat for always defending them.
When it started, I was surprised that they were laughing at me and saying I must apologise because I lack good manners and all that. I was shocked and had no choice than to go apologize.
Since that time, I had learnt to carry only my cross because they will turn against u when the time comes.

2 Likes

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by fergie001: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
Look at this 1diot that wants attention.

People criticising keyamo cannot stretch water for him to wash his hands,you must be the biggest fool...

What is his CV like that we should shudder?
Been a barrister to fryo or psquare?

Did you ask for the CV of those criticising him?
Because he has a chamber in lawanson and have assess to the nearest reporter,so we should faint or line up in fear when he talks?
We have seen the backside of a lot of cows that call themselves human right crusaders...from those defending fslc to those telling us that the President can even withdraw 1bn dollars and later present a budget in 2031,and tell us to fuse it to the budget...
When has criticisms become crime?any law against that?
This man must be a conman.

Gani Fawehinmi will never be forgotten...

2 Likes

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
The question is that, is this guy right?
My answer is yes.
Most of u up there insulting him know that Nigerians can never be pleased. Fight for them at Ur own peril.
If u think I'm lying go and check the thread where d suspended rep member was admitted back to the house after series of leaks on the budget.
Someone even said, "now u will keep quiet".
Hypocrites making noise everywhere and if they have such opportunity, they would more than this.

The truth is a very bitter pill to swallow for hypocrites.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by anibirelawal(m): 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Who is this
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Opinionated: 10:09am On May 01, 2018
fergie001:
Look at this 1diot that wants attention.

People criticising keyamo cannot stretch water for him to wash his hands,you must be the biggest fool...

What is his CV like that we should shudder?
Been a barrister to fryo or psquare?

Did you ask for the CV of those criticising him?
Because he has a chamber in lawanson and have assess to the nearest reporter,so we should faint or line up in fear when he talks?
We have seen the backside of a lot of cows that call themselves human right crusaders...from those defending fslc to those telling us that the President can even withdraw 1bn dollars and later present a budget in 2031,and tell us to fuse it to the budget...
When has criticisms become crime?any law against that?
This man must be a conman.

Gani Fawehinmi will never be forgotten...

The man was on Channels TV last night. I think he has attention.
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Opinionated: 10:10am On May 01, 2018
anibirelawal:
Who is this

Kurtis Adigba.
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Nigeriadondie: 10:25am On May 01, 2018
Opinionated:

A legal practitioner and social commentator, Kurtis Adigba has criticised Nigerians over what he perceives to be the double standards we portray as a people. Read his post on the topic next…

Some Nigerians and fake sensitivity! The social media is replete with the condemnation of Festus Keyamo SAN after his appearance on “POLITICS” with Seun Okinbaloye on Channels TV.

Last night, was his first on the show after his appointment as the spokesperson of the Buhari Campaign Organization. Until his appointment 2 weeks ago, and his appearance last night, he was the champion of the people, the defender of the poor, the human rights advocate, and the crusader for justice, and just anything they thought of him. But you know what? Keyamo, is now a traitor, a villain, a sell-out, a turncoat, a man without conscience, and so on. Common (sic) folks, just an appearance on a TV show to air his views on a National issue has made Keyamo the most despicable person? In a country where values and morality are dead because of political partisanship? Give me a break!

Let me ask with due respect to you guys: how many of you tearing into Keyamo are qualified to hold water for him to wash his hands? How many of you identified with, or joined him in his frequent battles with the government? How many of you are better morally than him? How many of you has contributed more to the development of the country than him? How many?

Festus Keyamo, realized that as an outsider, you can’t do much to change the system. He threw his hat into the ring and joined politics. He joined the APC, and contested for the governorship seat of Delta State. He lost in some controversial circumstance. He stayed in the party working and walking his way up within the party. He is now the spokesperson of the campaign organization of the presumptive nominee of his party. Who are you? You are not even a member of any political party where decisions are made! You are a professional critic, a do nothing professor of good governance on social media, a theorist of good value who is numb to corruption because of partisanship, and a destroyer per excellence.

We complain about incompetent people in governance but we are quick to condemn them when they go into politics and try to make a difference. A political party, is not a church or mosque. A politician, is not a pastor or an imam. The rules of politics are not in tandem with religion. And how many of us are even practicing our religion according to the rules and principles! What is happening to Festus Keyamo is the reason why decent professionals don’t want to venture into politics. If you think you are better, please join a party, and show us how it should be done.

And for all of you attacking Keyamo today, please know: that the “prostitute “ today, was once a virgin.

Do you know why we have fewer human rights advocates today? I will tell you. They have realized you are an ungrateful people not worth fighting for, or dying for. When they are detained because of fighting for you, you don’t protest to have them released. You don’t care about their families. When they offer themselves for elective positions, you don’t vote for them. Tell me which country with sane electorates, would not have voted for Gani Fawehinmi? When he sought for our votes, he got less than 30,000 votes nationwide . And we keep expecting them to fight and die for us?

source:
“You are an ungrateful people not worth fighting for”, Lawyer slams Nigerians over attacks on Festus Keyamo (SAN)

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
100% on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by OlujobaSamuel: 11:22am On May 01, 2018
lecowas:
Its safe to generalize that almost everyone in Nigeria knows this by now. Nigerians are not worth fighting for, its you and ur head(plus family if u're generous).
When I was serving my fatherland in obedience to the clarion call, some of my colleagues don't always come to the school we were supposed to be serving but I always defend them to the extent that the principal (and VP admin) of the school determined that I will be the scapegoat for always defending them.
When it started, I was surprised that they were laughing at me and saying I must apologise because I lack good manners and all that. I was shocked and had no choice than to go apologize.
Since that time, I had learnt to carry only my cross because they will turn against u when the time comes.
lol, i can relate that of nysc, the vp even told people that she don mark me, the LI for the state govt not NYSC even talk sey e don mark me for state allowee, but I turned out to be the best corp member in my set, the woman even acknowledged it.

1 Like

Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by Opinionated: 1:04am On May 03, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

lol, i can relate that of nysc, the vp even told people that she don mark me, the LI for the state govt not NYSC even talk sey e don mark me for state allowee, but I turned out to be the best corp member in my set, the woman even acknowledged it.

Congratulations, what was your price?
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by OlujobaSamuel: 1:12am On May 03, 2018
Opinionated:

Congratulations, what was your price?
prize ke?
nothing oo, handshake, na me even use 1½month allowee buy textbooks for 3best students in each class(jss12&3) that i tutored.
I still go through the pics though and smile that i had positive impact in some lives.
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by enlady(f): 1:28am On May 03, 2018
This is nonsensical. Kurtis is just displaying the messianic complex that is in Apc/Buhari fanatics. Keyamo is not doing anyone a favour. This is not a human rights case. Keyamo is now a campaign PR for a presidential aspirant. He signed up for criticism when he took up that job. That is the majesty of democracy
Re: “you Are An Ungrateful People Not Worth Fighting For”, Lawyer Slams Nigerians by enlady(f): 1:29am On May 03, 2018
Meanwhile I have never heard Kurtis speak for his Benue people. So much for one who claims the masses are not worth fighting for.

(1) (Reply)

How Saraki Got To Control Buhari’s Kinsman, Lawal Daura / 6 Characteristics Of A LIFELESS PRESIDENT / Nothing Wrong In Osinbajo Representing Buhari At Presidential Debate – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.