Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,817 members, 7,831,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo (46085 Views)

Crossdresser Arrested For Deceiving Man Who Paid Him For Sex In Delta (Video) / "God Will Judge You." Kidnapper Tells Man Who Paid Ransom In Fake Curency / AAU Student Who Fell Inside Well After Being Chased By SARS (More Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by ogolomachi(f): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
penalty don go throw in
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by oyetunder(m): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
such happens...
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
gerrardomendes:
The seller must be an igbo man . . Man must wack sha
And the buyer must be a yoruba man . . Man must yab sha
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by 7stargeneral(m): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
village people at their best!
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Charly68: 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
Where did a student get that kind of money to buy such an expensive phone..? Wonder shall never end
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by DCLXV1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
It happens everywhere bro! My guy bought an ipad full of floor tiles and cement for yankee.
Sunkyphil:
i thought it only happens at computer villa grin
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by JUHABACH: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
I'm sorry but that is one stupid nigga. if I wanted to buy something so expensive, I definitely wouldn't buy it online. what would it have cost him to go to an apple store and purchase live and direct?
this is a lesson for people looking for cheap things online. if you don't have the money to buy a brand new iPhone X , then don't try buying one for "cheap" cause chances are, you are definitely getting scammed one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by YemiOnibiyo(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
A student who paid £650 (N321,000) for an iPhone has cried out after he got a box filled with concrete instead.

Newcastle University student Omar wants to warn and stop many more people from falling victim to the scam.

According to him, he thought he had found a bargain when he discovered a new iPhone X for sale online priced at £650.
Little did he realise that he was about to become the victim of a fraudster who used concrete putty to make the empty box feel heavier.

Using the boot sale app Shpock, Omar arranged for the phone to be brought to his accommodation in central Newcastle on April 3 by a man called 'Jamie A'.

Omar handed over the £650 in cash and 'Jamie A' wrote out a receipt with an address in Sunderland.

Omar said:

'Once I gave him the money he kind of almost ran away. It was actually a present for my mum, that's why I didn't open it on the spot, I wanted to give it to her sealed.'

The Shpock account used by 'Jamie A' had a profile picture featuring two children.

DailyMail reports that Omar, who asked not to share his full name, only realised what had happened once the scammer had driven off.
Omar said:

'Once I got back to my room I opened it and I soon realised it was a scam. The concrete he used matches the weight of the actual iPhone X.

'I have quite a lot of Apple products and I have held the box, I know what it weighs and it's very similar.

'I had to pay my rent a week or two later so I struggled with that. I was not cautious enough and feel quite stupid about what I did.'

After contacting Northumbria Police, officers took the box away for analysis but have so far been unable to trace the man responsible.

Omar, who is originally from London, believes the criminal is still operating on Shpock and has warned others to take care buying phones online.

Omar added:

'£650 is quite a lot of money for a student or for anyone. I hope the person gets caught.'

Source - https://lailasnews.com/student-who-paid-for-iphone-x-gets-box-with-concrete-photos/

lalasticlala

That thing be � Pizza
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by eddyslim(m): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
Benjom:
Wicked people undecided... but why the impatience when he ought to have checked the package before payment?

#On a second thought, believe this at your own risk cool
Wonder how a sane person will pay for what he or she does not see

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by AreaFada2: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
But this is old con in UK na.

It used to be in street markets mostly.

They will show you a nice new gadget by their car. Especially when laptops were still very expensive those days. They will show you all working nicely with ogbonge applications.

After agreeing price they will enter the car to "bring you a new one in a box" while one of them distracts you engaging you in a banter, or telling you how you will enjoy your new device. The new box you get will in fact contain stones of approximate weight expected for the gadget/charger/box. Having just seen the new device, most people will not open it again. The box might even be sealed with a tape to discourage you opening it by the roadside. I know people who fell for it. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by auche(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
Aba@workAba@workAba@work
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by subcbouy: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
schwarzermann:
A lot of people do not know this, but Britain is the origin of most scams and frauds in the world today. It's the headquarters of conmen, but the world doesn't focus on them cos most of their scams are well planned and untraceable.
Ironically, it is still "man of Africa" that started the scam. Fufu from Africa's store, I guess.
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by DCLXV1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Sincerely, I used to say the same, but if it hasn't happened to you, then you'll keep saying that. Sometimes ago, i said to ma self I wanna catch these Mofos red handed. I closed from work in Ikeja around 5pm and got to Yaba around 6pm. Went straight to their spot with the intention of bursting the scam.

I requested to buy a black berry phone worth 25k from this dude. He told me he's gonna sell it 10k. I bargained and he agreed to sell for 5k.
So I collected the phone for inspection, turned it off and on, and looked at everthing closely....

I was exited and wanted to know what would happen, and how anyone can escape this bait.
I noticed as I tested the device, he had a white handkerchief on the other hand, and kept wrapping the phone up as if he was hiding it from people, but I still didn't care.
So I handed him the 5k, and and he sped off Immediately like he's crazy. I checked the phone it was still on, put in my my pocket, then boarded a bus home.
Just about a quarter of a mile, I started perceiving
Odour of .... you know my 20. Lol. I felt like nah it can't happen. I got home brought the phone out, and it was all a new phone case loaded with nearly cut piece of tiles stucked in FUFU. I just laughed and just tossed it in the bin. I don't know if they are awesome, but I know they are very smart guys!
Ernezee:
[color=#000099][/color] this Omar guy na Odense
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Etianwanokon: 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Track the account you paid into.
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by redarrr(m): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
and guess what,dis stuff dint happen in Nigeria
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by tojahh(m): 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
He paid him and he drove off, no account

Etianwanokon:
Track the account you paid into.
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by smyo(m): 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
Haha haha OK
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Omuneizzy6(m): 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
So nigerian lazy youths still get sense pass some outside people..

Meanwhile I have Iphone 7 on icloud for sale.... Check my signature for the transaction
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Dramadiddy(m): 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
but that price is iPhone x price I'm sure of fairly used for that maybe new one will be close to 400k, depending on the memory tho
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Fourwinds: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Benjom:
Wicked people undecided... but why the impatience when he ought to have checked the package before payment?

I don't even believe it at all....fake news
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by naturefellow(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
Yuneehk:
321k gone just like that shocked
I can just imagine the CHANGE you're imagining that sum would bring to your life right now:
#1. A trip to Dubai
#2. A shopping spree at The Palms, or any Shoprite outlet.
#3. Start or revive a struggling business
#4. Purchase a new iphone model
#5. Add any I missed cool
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by gambit10: 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
Iphone X legbe gbe
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
Fake news
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by ipobarecriminals: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
cool wink grin potopoto brethren Don reach their with their Akpu
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by BluntBoy(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
A student who paid £650 (N321,000) for an iPhone has cried out after he got a box filled with concrete instead.

Newcastle University student Omar wants to warn and stop many more people from falling victim to the scam.

Omar handed over the £650 in cash and 'Jamie A' wrote out a receipt with an address in Sunderland.

Omar said:

'Once I gave him the money he kind of almost ran away .

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by osazsky(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
ipob again,this is not a profession u can't make a carrere out of this
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by nathpope(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
iphone x legbegbe... Aboki (omar) wia d pounds??
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Yuneehk(f): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
naturefellow:
I can just imagine the CHANGE you're imagining that sum would bring to your life right now:
#1. A trip to Dubai
#2. A shopping spree at The Palms, or any Shoprite outlet.
#3. Start or revive a struggling business
#4. Purchase a new iphone model
#5. Add any I missed cool
Guy, you've gone far. That sum is more than enough to start a small business. Trip indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by justtoodark: 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
i was scammed alot in europe....una think only black nations scam....not true.....
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by justtoodark: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
even white people scam....
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Benjom:

They will give u a real phone in a pack.

You will open it and Check it well.

Then wen they tell you to hand it over so that they will bag it for u, They bring out another phone in a pack filled with Concrete or Akpu n slot it inside the waterproof grin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Family Members Burnt To Death By Bandits In Kaduna / Kidnapped Priest, CYRIACUS ONUNKWO, Dies (Photo) / CCTV Captures Daylight Car Robbery In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.