Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview (42530 Views)

Joe Biden Updates Twitter Bio To ‘President-Elect’ After Election Victory / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by julioralph(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Most of the so called Feminists are terrorists in disguise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by martineverest(m): 11:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kinggnicole:
lol.... where them wailers at?

don't mind them..... taking paracetamol on another man's headache..

Nigerian social media warlords are becoming useless and senseless....I was also marveled that most Nigerian women were against chichi...I don't blame them, many i of them at marriage as number one goal.

we are all humans and most her treated as humans first

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Antichristus: 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
authority2006:

You're crying.

No. S/he is not; it is you who should be weeping and gnashing your teeth for the miserable and woeful country of yours called Nigeria - the ANT and SHAME of Africa. Have you heard your idiotic and imbecilic president claiming before the POTUS and the whole world that Libyan rebels - not Fulani herdsmen - who are terrorising Nigerians (and I dare add, UNABATED!) Yet you have police and military apparatuses? Your country is a banana republic.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by martineverest(m): 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
Opposite:

yup. i'm also disappointed that she changed it.
I'm equally more disappointed knowing that u are a woman like chichi.....chichi and Hillary were clearly trying to correct somethings.the message is for young girls in third world

many women believe being a house wife should be their first priority cos society made it so.....the agenda is to correct the notion that u can chose what/who u want to be without the societal pressure.

imagine a young girl who sees Hillary as her role model and wants to become a doctor cos she had passion for medicine....she checks Clinton's bio and realises 'wife' comes first.who u know that alone could change the girl's mentality.

"even my role model is first of all a wife....then why am I chosing career first?"

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Antichristus: 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
martineverest:
I'm equally more disappointed knowing that u are a woman like chichi.....chichi and Hillary were clearly trying to correct somethings.the message is for young girls in third world

many women believe being a house wife should be their first priority cos society made it so.....the agenda is to correct the notion that u can chose what/who u want to be without the societal pressure.

imagine a young girl who sees Hillary as her role model and wants to become a doctor cos she had passion for medicine....she checks Clinton's bio and realises 'wife' comes first.who u know that alone could change the girl's mentality.

"even my role model is first of all a wife....then why am I chosing career first?"

Well said. The sad thing is 99.9% of Nigerians I've encountered are products of mendacious indoctrination, lacking the ability and creativity to think for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
The Chimamanda that is forming feminism activist couldn't still do without a man.

That's how they are misleading the blind ones here in Nigeria who seriously need support from men.

The ones that need men the most are the ones shouting "all men are scum" all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by laudate: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
nenergy:
She said; "I was upset". Why would someone's Twitter bio upset you. Shows how shallow and petty she really is.
Exactly! Does the Twitter bio belong to Adichie? As if being a wife and mother is a far more inferior role, to being a Senator and a 2016 Democratic nominee, that did not even win the presidency! sad

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by authority2006(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Antichristus:

No. S/he is not; it is you who should be weeping and gnashing your teeth for the miserable and woeful country of yours called Nigeria - the ANT and SHAME of Africa. Have you heard your idiotic and imbecilic president claiming before the POTUS and the whole world that Libyan rebels - not Fulani herdsmen - who are terrorising Nigerians (and I dare add, UNABATED!) Yet you have police and military apparatuses? Your country is a banana republic.

Now, you're wailing too.

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by authority2006(m): 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Antichristus:

Well said. The sad thing is 99.9% of Nigerians I've encountered are products of mendacious indoctrination, lacking the ability and creativity to think for themselves.

99.9%! You again! You're empty but you feel better when you say crap about Nigeria and Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by laudate: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
martineverest:

And who says being a wife and mother is an inferior role, or a bad thing? shocked It is a lot of hard work. undecided Women should be encouraged to get their relationship goals right, while putting their professional lives, in order. Both need to be well-aligned, otherwise the homefront will be under threat. Afterall, when Clinton started off with the "wife, mother and grandmother" roles, she still included the Senator, Secretary of State and FLOTUS in her bio, didn't she?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by NaOto: 12:47am On May 01, 2018
undecidedWhat Mrs Adichie fail to understand is that Hillary Clinton used ascending order, as a sign of starting from little ambitions of women to achieving greatness among men. No she have made the poor old granny to change to anti-climax. Like she achieved greatness first then fell.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by AZeD1(m): 1:04am On May 01, 2018
laudate:

And who says being a wife and mother is an inferior role, or a bad thing? shocked It is a lot of hard work. undecided [b]Women should be encouraged to get their relationship goals right, while putting their professional lives, in order. Both need to be well-aligned, otherwise the homefront will be under threat. [/b]Afterall, when Clinton started off with the "wife, mother and grandmother" roles, she still included the Senator, Secretary of State and FLOTUS in her bio, didn't she?
What do you mean by the bold part?

Shouldn't it be
People should get their relationship goals right?

It takes two (or more) people to make a relationship work.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by frank41(m): 1:20am On May 01, 2018
HajimeSaito:
grin

I'm sure all the attention seeking non-entities like DaddyBrainFreeze and all the dumb, stupid,
reta-rded women who lack the intelligence and self esteem to build themselves up and become self made women like Chimamanda and Hillary Clinton will be dumbfounded by this development.

When Chimamanda initially made her observation, I was just watching the reaction of Nigerians with a mixture of amusement and pity. The kind of pity I only reserve for fools. Nigerians actually thought that their rantings induced by low self-esteem and ignorance would catch Chimamanda's attention. But like a mad dog locked in a cage, the louder they barked the more they were ignored.

If the first episode gave them running stomach, this latest development will bring on a full blown case of diarrhea. Their country is on fire and thousands of lives have been lost. But rather than focus their energies on the problems confronting them on the homefront, Nigerians were busy dancing one corner over Chimamanda's innocent observation on identity politics.

Stupid people governed by a stupid president who believes a woman's only place is in "za oza room." Nigerians deserve such a president.

When sane people are talking,people with low mentality like daddy freeze are expected to hide their face. Wish he will learn to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Sarang(f): 1:23am On May 01, 2018
Now that makes a whole lot of difference..

_Amanda rocks grin
Go and jump fence if you no like am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:24am On May 01, 2018
[s]
HajimeSaito:
grin

I'm sure all the attention seeking non-entities like DaddyBrainFreeze and all the dumb, stupid,
reta-rded women who lack the intelligence and self esteem to build themselves up and become self made women like Chimamanda and Hillary Clinton will be dumbfounded by this development.

When Chimamanda initially made her observation, I was just watching the reaction of Nigerians with a mixture of amusement and pity. The kind of pity I only reserve for fools. Nigerians actually thought that their rantings induced by low self-esteem and ignorance would catch Chimamanda's attention. But like a mad dog locked in a cage, the louder they barked the more they were ignored.

If the first episode gave them running stomach, this latest development will bring on a full blown case of diarrhea. Their country is on fire and thousands of lives have been lost. But rather than focus their energies on the problems confronting them on the homefront, Nigerians were busy dancing one corner over Chimamanda's innocent observation on identity politics.

Stupid people governed by a stupid president who believes a woman's only place is in "za oza room." Nigerians deserve such a president.
[/s]
You are such a bitter, hateful being!
...and your opinion is irrelevant!

5 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Sarang(f): 1:25am On May 01, 2018
jerseyboy:
Two women that are certainly not being fu*cked hard enough.

your mumuism is exaggerating... Bleep my foot! You think sex is brains nah abi angry

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:31am On May 01, 2018
Fronesis:
This is a lesson to all. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything. I'm greatly disappointed at Hillary for this display of weakness of purpose. Only weak people follow the crowd. Though she displays alot of confidence and strength but she's weak. This says alot about it. People always want to follow the trend; crippled by the fear of standing alone. If you can't beat them, stand alone!...don't conform!...
Exactly!
You deserve a standing ovation!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:36am On May 01, 2018
[quote author=nelsoncool28 post=67169850][/quote]He definitely has anger issues...it is so obvious by his fonts and choice of words!

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:39am On May 01, 2018
kenddys:
congrats you just joined the long list of Nigerians who have said the bitter truth....
rubbish
Truth is different from rants!
Those are rants from a bitter soul!

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:47am On May 01, 2018
Antichristus:

Just because nairaland is an open forum does not mean foreigners are allowed to type trash about my country... Don't be unfortunate!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:53am On May 01, 2018
martineverest:

What is the world becoming...?
How can being a wife and a mother change a girl's mentality of becoming whatever she wants to be?
Instead, it'll inspire her to be everything she can be...including being a wife and a mother!

6 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Mariangeles(f): 1:55am On May 01, 2018
Antichristus:

It's official!
You're definitely a fool!

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by InvertedHammer: 2:24am On May 01, 2018
Fronesis:
This is a lesson to all. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything. I'm greatly disappointed at Hillary for this display of weakness of purpose. Only weak people follow the crowd. Though she displays alot of confidence and strength but she's weak. This says alot about it. People always want to follow the trend; crippled by the fear of standing alone. If you can't beat them, stand alone!...don't conform!...

/
She is no more coming out for election. This action has sealed it for her. Republicans and women will thrash her for this single action if she comes out again. In other words, she is ashamed of being a wife ( which many women wear as a badge of honour because it is a call by nature). Will she shy away from being identified as a mother if questioned?

/

5 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by donb06: 2:54am On May 01, 2018
In as much as I disagree with Amanda about this issue..... I must say that the thousands of years through which men used women as rags is really bouncing back on us... Should I call it KARMA.. Most men really abused their leadership role and this nonsense feminism is the result.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Oiyza: 3:02am On May 01, 2018
[/color][color=#006600]
HajimeSaito:
grin

I feel so sorry for u if ur a lady n following all these two-faced celebrities lying to us.

It is a pity

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by bukatyne(f): 3:43am On May 01, 2018
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by KcMarShalL(f): 5:02am On May 01, 2018
You deserve some accolades. This is fact.
HajimeSaito:
grin

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Crixina(f): 5:28am On May 01, 2018
No wonder she lost to Donald Trump.
Being swayed by every opinion.

If she really wanted her career appendages to come first, why didn't she just do at first, she knows how much she has achieved, yet she also did choose her family accomplishment to come first.
What's wrong with that?

We talk equality, blah blah, when we are just getting off a clime of oppression from the other gender to a clime where we are oppressed by our own gender.

5 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Beulabliss(f): 5:39am On May 01, 2018
Sunnynwa:
Chimamanda rocks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HillaryClinton?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

See before & after
The wife which chimamanda complained about is still there whether Hilary Clinton uses it as her first word,middle or last to describe herself, she is happy to be a wife and not being a stupid chauvinist like chimamanda adichie

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by pressplay411(m): 6:04am On May 01, 2018
HajimeSaito:
grin

Let me tell you what's happening since you're clearly in the dark.
1. There's a major attack on God by His own creation of course spearheaded by the devil.

2. Not only has he made us deviate completely from God's plan, but he's destroying the status quo that produced morally and socially stable nations and people.

3. I'm not disappointed you're a man supporting Feminism (or gender equality) you have been hoodwinked to think it's an innocent fight. But here's the truth, while the course of Feminism was initially to provide equal civil and social rights for women it has been extended beyond that to role reversal. Men have now lost their sense of identity, most of them are now behaving like females. This is deep, I'll advise to get your hands on Manhood by Myles Munroe.

4. The word Feminism should be cautiously observed. It not only declares war on males, but portends a treacherous scheme to overturn the psyche of males. It has been hijacked by females who have either failed as wives or have become too successful and arrogant to humble themselves to the institution of marriage.
In truth I tell you, most Feminists are lazy females who hate their responsibilities as mothers and wives, they just want to ball and party till they die.

5. Chimamanda has lost it. What too much intelligence does if care is not taken is called Delusion of Grandeur. You start to overestimate your self. Arrogance sets in and You start to believe you're not like anyone else, you're a demi-god. That is the beginning of her fall from Grace, she should have learnt from her primary mother, Eve.

Bottim line, Feminism as a fight for equal access to civil and social rights is commendable but as a fight for gender equality is foolishness.
There's no gender equality, our anatomy and physiognomy clearly shatters this argument.

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview by Freeman59: 6:11am On May 01, 2018
Honestly I see no difference. Or is it just me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gabon: Ousted President, Bongo Under House Arrest, Son Charged For Treason / Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity / Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.