Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

My Experience With Cplusplus - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Experience With Cplusplus (769 Views)

Cplusplus Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Cplusplus by sparkle6(m): 11:58am On May 01, 2018
I can still remember vividly my days with C++. First it was so exciting and i couldnt wait to start controling that silly machine called computer. And luckily for me, my Dad bought me a laptop. I couldnt contain my joy and i started immediately to think of the best language to use.
I was a game freak. And it came to my knowledge that c++ was used in making most high end games like Gta series, max payne etc and the best part Unity, Unreal Engine, adobe Photoshop, windows Os, symbian os, blender, maya etc were all made with cpp. I took 1k from my school fee and subscriped. Lol
I quickly downloaded codeblocks and a couple of tutorials. The introduction was so good that i smiled to myself. 'In one week i would master this language' i thought.
Strings, cout, cin, if statement, while loop, for loop, everything was going fine. But i was impatient, i needed something more fascinating than that big black window( command line interface). I need to move a ball, make the next photoshop, or make a 3d game with bad graphics.
Life was a good until pointers came along with their brothers multidimensional arrays which must be accessed with for loops. My brain was swapping positions whenever i try to learn those pattern drawing. Like drawing a diamond shape, a rectangle or triangle. Too many for loops and they were confusing me.
I would be awake for hours straining both my eyes and brain in front of my laptop. Pdf didnt help matters. It just succeeded in confusing me the more.
After stressing to write a 'guess the computer secret nomber' game <cmd based, no graphics>
i ran it and to my greatest surprise i had 15 errors. Build failed. Bugs!! The bane of programmers. After 5 days of debuging, i was satisfied to have eliminated those pesky things.
I ran it and it was working the cmd window was there. After a little input of yes and no everything ran into an infinite loop. Whats happening? I just shut down my computer and went to bed. That crazy while loop.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MTA 98-364 Database Admin Fundamentals Material Request / Learn How To Make Money Through Information Marketing / Network Analyzer Pro For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.