Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

New Born Baby Allergic To Breast Milk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Born Baby Allergic To Breast Milk (476 Views)

Hunger Affecting Breast Milk Quality, Quantity; Exclusive Breatfeeding Difficult / Residents Rescue New Born Baby Dumped In Wild Park Bush In Jos (Graphic) / New Born Baby Wrapped In A Carton & Dumped In The Rain In Portharcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Born Baby Allergic To Breast Milk by Thegents6: 12:04pm On May 01, 2018
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A NEW BORN BABY TO BE ALLERGIC TO BREAST MILK?
I was chatting with a senior friend of mine yesterday, I was congratulating her on the arrival of her second grandson and when I asked how the baby is, she said the baby has been vomiting though doctors are attending to the baby. She called her gynecologist who told her that the baby could be ALLERGIC TO BREAST MILK so they should try giving the baby SOYA MILK and avoid BREAST MILK in the meantime for them to examine the baby properly.
Mehhhhhn, I was shocked because this is my first time of hearing such.
So dear nairalanders, is it possible? ? ?
Re: New Born Baby Allergic To Breast Milk by Thegents6: 12:07pm On May 01, 2018
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: New Born Baby Allergic To Breast Milk by Thegents6: 12:08pm On May 01, 2018
@Lalasticlala , @Mynd44 , @Dominique
Re: New Born Baby Allergic To Breast Milk by 2Ballz(m): 11:26pm On May 01, 2018
Thegents6:
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A NEW BORN BABY TO BE ALLERGIC TO BREAST MILK?
I was chatting with a senior friend of mine yesterday, I was congratulating her on the arrival of her second grandson and when I asked how the baby is, she said the baby has been vomiting though doctors are attending to the baby. She called her gynecologist who told her that the baby could be ALLERGIC TO BREAST MILK so they should try giving the baby SOYA MILK and avoid BREAST MILK in the meantime for them to examine the baby properly.
Mehhhhhn, I was shocked because this is my first time of hearing such.
So dear nairalanders, is it possible? ? ?

Soya milk to a newborn child? Jeez!
And it is coming from a gynaecologist,my goodness!

My bro,a baby in a good sense is not allergic to his mother's milk. What that child is actually reacting to is just a or some component(s) making up that breast milk either from what the mother is eating or from medication. The diet of the nursing mother should be well screened and as well any medication,and if properly done the condition of discomfort leading to vomiting will stop. This doesn't put the infant apart as it could only be an excuse of breast milk allergic if the problem is stemming from an ill-health condition with the infant. So,child and mother should be well checked and examine.

You can make a research on
1. Lactose intolerance
2. Galactosemia

The mother should stop using Soya bean milk for that baby.

(1) (Reply)

Can Deodorant And Antiperspirant Cause Breast Cancer? / 4 Exercises To Control Premature Ejaculation / Who Is At The Risk Of Fibriod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.