Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,837 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU (14312 Views)

Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by MrMcJay(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2018
mikeapollo:
I guess the students are on holiday. Otherwise, those useless officials would be arrested and taken to Awo Hall for detention!
What a senseless and clueless State government....going to lock a federal university!

Block 3 top floor toilet is their portion.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by princeade86(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2018
the sch is overrated to me. oau is trash.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by GGirll: 9:49am On May 02, 2018
shit hole university all they know how to do is to strike any how and sleep with loose stupid students....monica karma has just began...lmao!!!
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by GudluckIBB(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2018
Krafty006:
they can , they'll use a ladder to access the premises m_m_

your f-the-r
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by naijacentric(m): 10:14am On May 02, 2018
HigherEd:
Lol never knew a state govt institution could shut an FG outfit shocked
am shocked too

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by naijacentric(m): 10:15am On May 02, 2018
mikeapollo:
I guess the students are on holiday. Otherwise, those useless officials would be arrested and taken to Awo Hall for detention!
What a senseless and clueless State government....going to lock a federal university!
guy forget dem self go le even mad get hin quiet times
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by bmaks: 10:16am On May 02, 2018
GudluckIBB:
OAU again

Does this means students and lecturers can't go in for Academic activities?

ehennnn......they can go in, sebi na all of dem they study BABALAWO as a course...... #Mtcheeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by omokab: 10:23am On May 02, 2018
thesicilian:
So you mean to tell me that the government shut down it's own school for not paying itself taxes it imposed on itself?
oAU is own by federal government and it is there responsibility to pay PAYE to the state govt. This is not about only OAU but majority of the federal govt agencies don't pay their PAYE to the state. This is one the reason IGR of states is always low. Some senior staffs were there living large on this mmoney.oney
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by blackboy(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2018
shows you how bad things are. No money. 2019 round the corner. desperate situation requires desperate measures.

Its today they know PAYE has not been remitted. Write to OAGF, Min of Finance, NUC etc and even the presidency.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Timagex(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2018
They aff opened it....I just passed by... cool
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by spenca: 11:03am On May 02, 2018
ogbeni Bicci Alli kicking tax defaulters
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2018
mikeapollo:
Do you mean the toothless students. With their gra gra, they increased their school fees without doing anything to the VC. Let the school management pay their debt.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:00pm On May 02, 2018
princeade86:
I swear. My friend that graduated from the school, anytime he brags about the school, I just shut him down. Both the school management and students have big problems. Overrated school!
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by carbonado(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2018
Sad...if this guys locked road 1 and road 7 is not locked then,not much has been done.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by emmasege: 1:16pm On May 02, 2018
HigherEd:
Lol never knew a state govt institution could shut an FG outfit shocked
Nothing is impossible when an 'agbero' governs a state. This is not the first time he will be shutting OAU gate/buildings, as if it's only OAU that owes state government in Nigeria. This level of insanity from a governor can only be found in Aregbesola of Osun State.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 02, 2018
princeade86:

You're bitter! So joyless.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Do you mean the toothless students. With their gra gra, they increased their school fees without doing anything to the VC. Let the school management pay their debt.

What school fee was increased? You're so dvmb and clueless! You wrote and posted that trash with so much confidence as though you're a student here and you witness the fee increment. Ologbeni lo wa bi sun si, let us see road! Oshisco plc.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:53pm On May 02, 2018
Iamoluwaslim:

What school fee was increased? You're so dvmb and clueless! You wrote and posted that trash with so much confidence as though you're a student here and you witness the fee increment. Ologbeni lo wa bi sun si, let us see road! Oshisco plc.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/161953-oau-increased-school-fees-vice-chancellor.html
Keep shut! You students of OAU are toothless bulldogs. When they increased your school fees in 2014 you guys were ranting, you didn't do shit. May be you are a new students. Ask those people that graduated 2 to 3 years back. Ode! Low mentality set of students.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by princeade86(m): 6:42pm On May 02, 2018
Iamoluwaslim:

You're bitter! So joyless.
u I know ur type. so I don't have ur time.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/161953-oau-increased-school-fees-vice-chancellor.html
Keep shut! You students of OAU are toothless bulldogs. When they increased your school fees in 2014 you guys were ranting, you didn't do shit. May be you are a new students. Ask those people that graduated 2 to 3 years back. Ode! Low mentality set of students.

You're all I see as a low-lifer, you're so busy spewing so much hate just because you failed on several attempts to be an OAU student. Swerve biko!
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 02, 2018
princeade86:
u I know ur type. so I don't have ur time.

Alabosi jatijati
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2018
Iamoluwaslim:

You're all I see as a low-lifer, you're so busy spewing so much hate just because you failed on several attempts to be an OAU student. Swerve biko!
You see how you Mumu reach, me picked OAU. Even my family friend that went there in late 90s and early 2000 said, he cant't advised his enemy to attend OAU. I only cherish two schools in Nigeria which is Unilag(My Alma Mata) and UI which are the two Universities I selected in Jamb. It seems OAU just gave you admission, he dey shack you abi. Sorry! Life is beyond putting your school issues on your head. OAU my foot.
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by dunsin125: 11:15pm On May 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

You see how you Mumu reach, me picked OAU. Even my family friend that went there in late 90s and early 2000 said, he cant't advised his enemy to attend OAU. I only cherish two schools in Nigeria which is Unilag(My Alma Mata) and UI which are the two Universities I selected in Jamb. It seems OAU just gave you admission, he dey shack you abi. Sorry! Life is beyond putting your school issues on your head. OAU my foot.
Eyin bros... Make una cool down ooo
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 03, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Go sleep! Just gave who admission? You're clearly idle, get a life!
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2018
Iamoluwaslim:

Go sleep! Just gave who admission? You're clearly idle, get a life!
Look at the person saying someone is idle. You have a problem. Go do your coursework and leave cyberspace. Verrückter Junge!
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Look at the person saying someone is idle. You have a problem. Go do your coursework and leave cyberspace. Verrückter Junge!

Akindanidani!
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by LaReve: 10:11am On May 06, 2018
The management of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, has described the claim of the Osun State Internal Revenue Service that the university owes N1.84bn tax as a lie.

The revenue agency had, on Wednesday, stormed the university and sealed the main gate, the Senate building and the secretariat.

But the Public Relations Officer of the university, Mr. Abiodun Olanrewaju, in a statement on Friday, said the institution owed N384m and not the alleged N1.8bn.

The OAU management also denied the claim that the backlog of debt was as a result of non-remittance of deducted taxes, noting that the money owed the state government came from under-deduction of PAYE (pay-as-you-earn tax) from university workers’ salaries.

The statement read, “In particular, the university authorities note the claim that the university owed N1.84bn of back-duty tax and has refused to negotiate with the government as false, malicious and total misrepresentation of the truth on this matter.

“The past tax liability, which represented the sum by which the IRS claimed that the university under-deducted from staff salaries for the period 2015 and 2016 for PAYE, has been a subject of negotiation between the university and the state IRS.

“The university administration vehemently disputed the figure of N1.844bn submitted by the IRS and insisted that if there had been under-deduction at all, only the sum of N287m was the amount by which PAYE was under-deducted from staff salaries.

“The Accountant General of the Federation, after examining the claim of the Osun IRS and that of the University, by a letter reference number INV/0089/844/II dated January 19, 2018, returned the verdict that the university’s outstanding tax liabilities was a sum of N384m only being tersity (sic) authorities under-deducted PAYE from its staff salaries.

“Parties agreed to this conclusion, and the recommendation that this sum could be paid at the monthly instalment of N5m. It is therefore with total shock that the university community woke up on May 2, 2018, to find the university main gate as well the university secretariat sealed up by the Osun State Government.”

http://www.punchng.com/oau-owes-osun-n384m-tax-not-n1-8bn-varsity/
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by LaReve: 10:13am On May 06, 2018
[quote author=Gaddafithe2nd post=67251821]
Look at the person saying someone is idle. You have a problem. Go do your coursework and leave cyberspace. Verrückter Junge! [/quo
Re: PHOTOS: Osun State Revenue Service Shuts OAU by LaReve: 10:14am On May 06, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

I swear. My friend that graduated from the school, anytime he brags about the school, I just shut him down. Both the school management and students have big problems. Overrated school!

http://www.punchng.com/oau-owes-osun-n384m-tax-not-n1-8bn-varsity/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Jamb Office Located In Ph? / ASUU: Crises & Strikes In Varsities Not Over / Jamb To Begin Sale Of Forms On Monday, 20th March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.