Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

How To Build A Successful Blog From Scratch Section3 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Build A Successful Blog From Scratch Section3 (355 Views)

Young Man Showcases The Mini Port Crane He Built From Scratch (Video) / 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) / Learn How To Build A Fuelless Generator And Make Money This Year (video)!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Successful Blog From Scratch Section3 by kellychild(m): 11:31am On May 02, 2018
Am running a series on this topic... your can join the conversation below..

Hopefully you have being following us and you must have read the first two sections of the series section 1 & 2, if not please read both before you proceed.

from our last discussion there is one part that interests me so much and that is the part I will like to take from here :

Try to build a Blog that will live long even without your presence.

you will perfectly agree with me that so many bloggers can't go away for two days and also maintain one quarter of traffic they pull to their websites within this short period ...The reason is because of unanswered questions like the one below: Can you blog survive without you ?. If your answer to this question is yes and your very sure of it then your on your way to success but if your still worried and concerned about the performance of your website in your absence, then together we have work to do. Let me at this point introduce you to the concept of Sitemaps, Keywords and SEO. So many bloggers talks about these three things most times to show other bloggers that they are in the terran and that they know what is happening but in the quest you find that they have less experience about what they are talking about. The first book I read as a blogger was titled blogging for dummies, it actually a nice book and online so you can search for it and update your skills.

Sitemap : I have a well written article to guild and help you through you journey of sitemap.xml, Atom, Rss etc. so am only gonna give an intro and then allow to read up the article, generate your sitemap and submit it to google console and bin webmaster also.

intro : Google introduced the Sitemaps protocol so web developers can publish lists of links from across their site. A site map therefore is a comprehensive list of pages and links of your entire blog, or website or simply an overview of your entire blog site at a glance.

These (web pages and web links) contents may be addressed to users or to software for specific purposes. Many sites have user-visible sitemaps which present a systematic view, typically hierarchical, of the site. The main aim of a site map is to help visitors find specific pages, and can also be used by web crawlers. Alphabetically organized site maps, sometimes called site indexes, are a different approach.

For search engines and others, to crawl your site, there is a systematic format which you will have to follow while building your site map. The XML Sitemap, which lists the pages in a site, their relative importance, and how often they are updated. This is pointed to, from the robots.txt file and is typically called sitemap.xml. The procedure, format or the style your site map will use is particularly important for web sites which include pages that are not accessible through links from other pages, but only through the site's search tools or by dynamic construction of URL’ READ MORE HERE.

KEY WORDS:

Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to after you must have compile a list of keywords, just to realize that they are incredibly competitive on the web and looking at the rank of your site your words might even appear in the one million quest.

The reason is because most websites today are concerned with the same, limited number set of keywords that come from Google Keyword Planner. But I tell you there is a much easier way to get ahead of your competitors and discover highly relevant, precise keywords with low competition.

While Google Keyword Planner hides most of these lucrative keywords, the good news is, with Keyword Tool Pro there is a shortcut to finding these great keywords. so I advice you try it out today.

latestly you can also check out how many people on the internet searching for your keywords. Many finds it hard to identify the keys words in their website, for me I use my labels as a key by entering them o my blog and bin webmaster one per line, once you pick a keyword try to use them in your title and throughout your content, with this, you will achieve high page rank and top position in search engine results in no time.

How Do I Add A keyword To My Blog ? If your on blogger, from your blogger dashboard, Navigate to right and locate the tag search preference on the middle you will see Metag In box labeled description enter your keywords and separate the with comma. In Bin search, from the dashboard you will see a box asking you to add your keywords is pretty simple over there.

SEO : This topic always rises a lot of issues because many claim to be expert in it so we that are learners don't talk much about it but it is important to know this concept to an extent i other words am not writing this as an expert but with my little experience from what I have learn as a blogger.

Search engines optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your pages and posts in order to increase their chances of showing in search engines result pages (SERPs) on Google, Bing, and other search engines, and therefore driving organic traffic to your blog.

The goal is to make your website more popular, more visible, more important than all the competitors.

we all want to rank high and show on at least the first Tenth search pages of Google.

We might not reach the top of the heap, but we all aim to land anywhere near the top.

The big question is how do we accomplish our dream? How do I overtake all these good guys and end guy at the top. Let me start by saying that your site optimization start from you. People always ask How ? and i will tell them submit your sitemap to search engines and then it will be indexed and crawl by robots, once this process is complete your bond to get organic traffics to your blog. and at this point your building a successful blog. before I end this section, I will encourage to start posting your articles on google plus, pinterest, Facbook.com and other social media platform and forums that are handy to you sign up is free and you will enjoy blogging and stop struggling with your earnings.

If you wish to start a blog but don’t have web designing skills,I would advise that you start your blog today with Blogger (hosted by google ), WordPress (hosted) or

Wordpress (self hosted without plugins). Blogger is pretty easy to learn.

If you wish to go with WordPress then avoid installing plugins till you learn how to secure a WordPress website.

if you can drop two quality posts a week then that's fine for a start. Try to blog about topics you’re familiar with and genuinely interested in. Also, try to understand each post you make, this will help you to build internal links on future posts.

here are the series source : https://www.techsfair.com/

(1) (Reply)

Greenergie Magazine / 2018 Nigeria Double Inrerntet Data Subscription Bonus / The Digital Discoveries Seminar 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.