Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible (4562 Views)

Africa: Top 10 Countries With The Largest Gold Reserves 2023 / Missing Indonesian Woman Found In Belly Of 27ft Python That Swallowed Her Alive / 10 Countries That Are Number One In Terrible Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by somadinho10: 5:41pm On May 02, 2018
somadinho10:
grin
grin could not even make front page
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by greatjoshy(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2018
Ok
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by themonk(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2018
No president - Nigeria
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by StudentsNG: 5:41pm On May 02, 2018
Beautiful post.

At least something different from BBN, Melaye and PMB.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 02, 2018
Drniyi4u:
1. No Mosquitoes

Mosquitoes are the world’s deadliest animals. Sharks only kill around 10 people per year, hippos around 500, dogs around 25,000, and snakes about 50,000. In second place, humans kill 475,000 people each year. However, through the transmission of diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, and encephalitis, mosquitoes are responsible for killing the most by far—approximately 725,000 people annually.

Mosquitoes are found in almost every country in the world. So, is it possible to escape the annoying hum, the irritating sting, and the possibly deadly diseases carried by mosquitoes?

Yes—if you move to Iceland! Compared to Greenland, Iceland is much greener and Greenland is much icier. What’s with the confusing names, you might ask? In short, the Vikings jumped to conclusions when it came to naming the islands. In their defense, however, the climate was a little different back then. In any case, Iceland doesn’t have any mosquitoes, but Greenland does!
how i wish it was Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by redsquare(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2018
Corruption.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where corruption is impossible. grin
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Holywizard: 5:44pm On May 02, 2018
Receive sense
mmsen:

Is that where your wife is from?
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Damminglola(f): 5:44pm On May 02, 2018
Nice one. ���

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by cooljude(m): 5:45pm On May 02, 2018
Interesting

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Iceblockbabe: 5:46pm On May 02, 2018
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by millomaniac: 5:47pm On May 02, 2018
Really nice.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by stubbornman(m): 5:53pm On May 02, 2018
Nigeria ...government without brain
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by pennyforthought: 5:54pm On May 02, 2018
I don't think the Brunei part will stay true for long. The country is projected to run out of oil in 10 years and the king has done nothing but buy fancy cars (5500 luxury cars) and make an entire palace out of gold (look it up, impressive af palace). He also gives the citizens free education, healthcare and subsidized allowances. If there's no restructuring of the economy then they will be forced to borrow 10 years from now. Although they do have a sovereign wealth fund of 40 billion usd. Invested right and with their tiny population they can just live off that.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 02, 2018
The moment i saw dat stamp point, I thought of just a name and I didn't miss.
Well done op
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Drniyi4u(m): 6:46pm On May 02, 2018
wink2015:
Nice Share!

Interesting reading!

More oil to your pen!
Thank you
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Drniyi4u(m): 6:47pm On May 02, 2018
StudentsNG:
Beautiful post.

At least something different from BBN, Melaye and PMB.
Nice
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Drniyi4u(m): 6:48pm On May 02, 2018
Grayjoy:
The moment i saw dat stamp point, I thought of just a name and I didn't miss.
Well done op

Thanks Grayjoy. I hope you're not "Theon Greyjoy" grin grin

If you know you know
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 02, 2018
Drniyi4u:
6. No External Debt

Although the numbers are constantly changing, some recent estimates put the United States’ external debt (defined as total public and private debt owed to nonresidents) at a whopping $17.91 trillion. The United Kingdom’s is at $8.13 trillion. The entire world is over $76 trillion in debt. In fact, just about every country in the world owes millions, billions, or trillions of those pesky dollars to others.

Although it’s said that “money makes the world go around,” perhaps it would be more fitting to replace “money” with “debt.” It doesn’t seem possible that the economic system could function under such conditions, but even more surprising is that Brunei, a small country located on the island of Borneo in Southeast Asia, owes absolutely nothing to anyone. Not a dime. They have $0 in external debt.

How has Brunei managed to avoid this quagmire of external debt? Two words: “gas” and “oil.” These two commodities account for the country’s incredible wealth.

Following independence from the UK in 1984, Brunei has done extremely well for itself. Brunei citizens enjoy a very well-disposed welfare state and even have food and housing subsidized. Even government debt is extremely low at 3.1 percent, with Hong Kong being the only country to fare better. Congratulations, Brunei.

There was a time when Libya shared this enviable distinction with Brunei. I don't think it is still the case.
That was prior to Gaddhafi's ouster in 2011. It also had[probably still does] an external reserve of 150 billion dollars.

M/while,OP,you did something right. Kudos.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 02, 2018
pennyforthought:
I don't think the Brunei part will stay true for long. The country is projected to run out of oil in 10 years and the king has done nothing but buy fancy cars (5500 luxury cars) and make an entire palace out of gold (look it up, impressive af palace). He also gives the citizens free education, healthcare and subsidized allowances. If there's no restructuring of the economy then they will be forced to borrow 10 years from now. Although they do have a sovereign wealth fund of 40 billion usd. Invested right and with their tiny population they can just live off that.

They already have a plan. Seriously.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 02, 2018
Drniyi4u:
Thanks Grayjoy. I hope you're not "Theon Greyjoy" grin grin

If you know you know
LOL. Since I don't know, I don't know.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 02, 2018
Drniyi4u:
8. No Government

One of the requirements for a functioning sovereign state would be to have a government to oversee all affairs. In 2011, Belgium broke the world record for being the country without an official government for the longest period of time.

A total of 589 days went by without a government in office. Politics in Belgium is very decentralized in nature, so it meant that much of the day-to-day activities went on as usual. Bureaucrats still came in to work, and the streets were free from rioting.

Western Sahara is a country located to the south of Morocco, bordering both Algeria and Mauritania. It was colonized by Spain in 1884 and, following the decolonization period after World War II, was subsequently annexed by a freshly independent Morocco in 1957.

It has been a “disputed territory” for many decades, claimed by both Morocco and the Polisario Front. With no agreement reached even with the efforts of the United Nations, it appears that Western Sahara will continue to lack a stable government for many years to come.

But the Western Sahara does have a government;one that governs the SADR from exile-somewhere near Algeria,I think. Outside of its capital,Layounne [El Aiun].
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by NLevents: 7:04pm On May 02, 2018
This is great digest

Few days to the Nairaland party 4.0

why would you want to miss out on so much fun ? Visit thread for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/4483935/nairaland-get-together-party-4.0
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 02, 2018
However, the Greek national anthem is also the official anthem for another country, the Republic of Cyprus.

^^^^^One of the reasons the Turkish-Cypriots want no part in a united Cyprus. smiley smiley
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 02, 2018
Lemme come and be going to Iceland. The mosquito bites from Naija don do.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by keentola(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2018
Drniyi4u:
What impossible thing is missing in Nigeria??

cc: HumbledbYGrace, mukina2, osystein
Buhari's brain
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by keentola(m): 8:20pm On May 02, 2018
airmirthd1:
Lemme come and be going to Iceland. The mosquito bites from Naija don do.
Maybe we should sell Nigeria and collect loan from Togo to buy Iceland
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Drniyi4u(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2018
Grayjoy:
LOL. Since I don't know, I don't know.
Lol. Okay na
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Drniyi4u(m): 8:25pm On May 02, 2018
keentola:
Buhari's brain
grin
stubbornman:
Nigeria ...government without brain
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 02, 2018
Drniyi4u:
Lol. Okay na
Lol. Am not my brother.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Drniyi4u(m): 8:27pm On May 02, 2018
mansakhalifa:

There was a time when Libya shared this enviable distinction with Brunei. I don't think it is still the case.
That was prior to Gaddhafi's ouster in 2011. It also had[probably still does] an external reserve of 150 billion dollars.

M/while,OP,you did something right. Kudos.
Thanks.
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 02, 2018
keentola:
Maybe we should sell Nigeria and collect loan from Togo to buy Iceland
Let's pity them
Re: 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible by alphaconde(m): 10:52pm On May 02, 2018
Benefits of entering naira land

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Military Coup Is Going On In Russia / After 142 Years Of Dominance, China Overtakes U.S As World's Largest Economy / Wikipedia Shutting Down Wednesday In Protest To Sopa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.