Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,402,186 members, 5,374,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 10:32 PM

My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... (845 Views)

Man Beats His Wife Inside Lagos Traffic Over A Car He Bought For Her(Video) / Private Investigator Unmasks Nigerian Scammer - BBC / Between An Australian Imam And A Nigerian Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Franzinni: 6:06pm On May 02, 2018
So I am looking to buy a small car within the budget of 600k-1m and like every other lazy youth, I decides to browse through olx to see if my chances of getting a good score will be great...

I have specific brand names ( my throat is long I know)

Beemer (bmw)
Benz
Volvo
And must be 2002 and above

So I saw this ad of a volvo c70.... 2007 for 650k I was like damn! Checked YouTube and found out it is a convertible too I became fully interested.

Contacted the gentle man and as nah market,I started pricing I told him I'll pay 500k and he said 550k last since I'll be coming from abuja and the “car" is in Port Harcourt nah so I Maga o... I was already driving the car as I dey see am for my phone live....

But the I started hearing the voice of the Street and as a sharp guy I decided to do some investigation... Let me first show you the picture of the car as advertised

Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Franzinni: 6:23pm On May 02, 2018
Ok so I now called a friend who lives in Port Harcourt to help me do a visual confirmation... But i could sense the fear in his answers as he buttresses my reason for caution... He goes like... Scam plenty for here o... And I be like... I know right.

Then I went full paranoid with a little bit of OCD on the matter and downloaded a image reverse search app from Google play store... But that didn't find the pictures on Google... So I felt this might be legit but then I typed. The guys name attached to his number into Google to see if any other person done fall Maga... But that didn't yield fruit and so I was like in days I am gonna be cruising Abujas nights in a convertible like daaayuuum!

But then the jack Bauer in me was like holup holup..
I decided to kuku go full black hat hacker on the matter so I uses my very expensive photo app that comes with my phone to zoom into that number on the windshield... It was not too clear but my eyes have been updated to the latest software.. Thanks to garri...I go the number 27558218x. Omo straight I summoned my Google... it turned out this anuofia downloaded a bunch of pics to use and scam people let me show you what Google vomited for me

Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Franzinni: 6:25pm On May 02, 2018
I will Continue my dance with the mumu and update this thread let's see how far it Wil go
Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by StackHouse1(m): 10:34pm On May 02, 2018
grin
Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by valarinz: 10:25pm On May 09, 2018
You wanted to buy a Volvo C70 07 Model Toks for 650k?

I believe this thread is not displaying your smartness as you assumed, in fact its the opposite...my two kobo

5 Likes

Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Josh64(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2018
My brother, na u just dey waste you time o.
Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Yusuf1988(m): 4:26pm On May 10, 2018
Even though the guy is a scam,if the car isn't sold from that site,how is it suppose to be in Nigeria. Don't you know cars on Copart are sold first abroad before shipped to Nigeria, if you search such car on the site it will show it has been sold. So you are still ignorant of car business and haven't done anything special.

1 Like

Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Kira290(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Probably the smartest nairalander I have seen cheesy
Op you be guyman ? wink

2 Likes

Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by captainking(m): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
valarinz:
You wanted to buy a Volvo C70 07 Model Toks for 650k?

I believe this thread is not displaying your smartness as you assumed, in fact its the opposite...my two kobo
Infacr you got it right..
Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by captainking(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sorry to say this op.. But almost goofed big time.. What you should have done is to enquire from Google how much that car is sold as toks..rhen Compare it to the change the guy wants to sell... U will not even see Nigerian used for that price... U get luck
Re: My Dance With A Car Sales Scammer... by Hoodbilonia: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2018
odeh
shay thoze pics resdmble naija pix
u sef wan ride v
copart pics
he even put VIN join
what a noob

(1) (Reply)

Group Of Cultists, Gang Rape A 15-year-old Girl In Delta(pics) / (Viewer Discretion Advised) Igarra Bank Robbery: Photos Of The 3 Killed Robbers / Pastor Defiles Lady, Cut Her Hair With Blade, Clean Her Up With Handkerchief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.