Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed (948 Views)

FG Engages 17,000 Youths In Rabbit Farming / Organic Agriculture To Be Used To Improve Farming Practice In Oyo State Nigeria / Opportunities For Youths In Agribusiness ( Using Pictures As Illustrations ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by Ademolawaleagro(m): 6:11pm On May 02, 2018
Mr President recently said that Nigeria youth are lazy which received a lot of bashing from Nigeria.
According to some people, Nigerian youths are trully lazy while another set of thinkers said that he's wrong.
Whether he is right or wrong,the fact remains that millions of youths are pushed out of the higher school of learning each year and the unemployment statistics keep soaring every year.
What the government keep telling us is that we should venture into farming but we the conditions and the state of the sector is not attractive to the youths.

Although I am also a youth who plays in the sector but government and all players in the sectors need to do more to encourage us and raise our hope that we can succeed and edge a living for ourselves in the sector.

Some stakeholders recently stated that they need to attract youth by adding entertainment with agriculture but my question to them is that can they incorporate the processes, the love,the assistance,the advice most of their older colleagues gave to the youths in that space.
Comedian Alibaba created the right environment for the likes of AY, okey bakassi etc

The entertainment industry is still less than a decade and can boast of numerous youths doing great things for themselves and their family

Most of the efforts, advice, love, assistance rendered in the entertainment industry is not what I see in the Agric sector,what I see is selfishness, hatred, greediness, youths trying to pull themselves down even on this platform.

Overall, government is not even helping the matter, lack of financial, assistance and support etc
How do you expect us to succeed in this kind of tough environment?

The youths are the future of any country,meaning how a country will be tomorrow economically, educationally,institutionally, will be determine by the efforts and energy invested on today's youths.

I hope the government is listening.
Thanks to my oga @lesgupnigeria for supporting and believing in me.

I am a youth in agribusiness and I want to make some sense.
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:07am On May 04, 2018
Thanks.
God bless you.
Ademolawaleagro:
Mr President recently said that Nigeria youth are lazy which received a lot of bashing from Nigeria.
According to some people, Nigerian youths are trully lazy while another set of thinkers said that he's wrong.
Whether he is right or wrong,the fact remains that millions of youths are pushed out of the higher school of learning each year and the unemployment statistics keep soaring every year.
What the government keep telling us is that we should venture into farming but we the conditions and the state of the sector is not attractive to the youths.

Although I am also a youth who plays in the sector but government and all players in the sectors need to do more to encourage us and raise our hope that we can succeed and edge a living for ourselves in the sector.

Some stakeholders recently stated that they need to attract youth by adding entertainment with agriculture but my question to them is that can they incorporate the processes, the love,the assistance,the advice most of their older colleagues gave to the youths in that space.
Comedian Alibaba created the right environment for the likes of AY, okey bakassi etc

The entertainment industry is still less than a decade and can boast of numerous youths doing great things for themselves and their family

Most of the efforts, advice, love, assistance rendered in the entertainment industry is not what I see in the Agric sector,what I see is selfishness, hatred, greediness, youths trying to pull themselves down even on this platform.

Overall, government is not even helping the matter, lack of financial, assistance and support etc

The youths are the future of any country,meaning how a country will be tomorrow economically, educationally,institutionally, will be determine by the efforts and energy invested on today's youths.

Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by grabben: 11:39am On May 04, 2018
Ademolawaleagro:

Let us speak the truth and shame the devil. The main reason why there is no hope for the youths in agriculture is because the youths have refused to learn the main source of income in agriculture which is exportation of agricultural products to foreign countries. This is a truism. Exportation is the major dividend of agricultural practice. The earlier the youths start to learn the contemporary dynamics of agricultural export trade, the better for them. Click on the first link on my signature to discover the contemporary dynamics of export trade to avoid getting defrauded by the foreign buyers of your products.
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2018
grabben:

Let us speak the truth and shame the devil. The main reason why there is no hope for the youths in agriculture is because the youths have refused to learn the main source of income in agriculture which is exportation of agricultural products to foreign countries. This is a truism. Exportation is the major dividend of agricultural practice. The earlier the youths start to learn the contemporary dynamics of agricultural export trade, the better for them. Click on the first link on my signature to discover the contemporary dynamics of export trade to avoid getting defrauded by the foreign buyers of your products.

Do you mean that the only opportunity in agriculture is exportation?
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2018
There is hope for Nigeria youths if we can come together to not only help ourselves but engage numerous opportunities in the agribusiness value chain

My advice to youths looking to get started in agriculture is to know where they fit along the value chain and explore it to the fullest.

you can explore more on
www.facebook.com/waleagro
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by grabben: 7:30pm On May 05, 2018
Lesgupnigeria:

Do you mean that the only opportunity in agriculture is exportation?
I did not mention that in my comment.
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:50pm On May 05, 2018
grabben:
I did not mention that in my comment.
ok
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by obstead200(m): 10:45pm On May 06, 2018
This OP sef........
Look at how u blamed everyone but yourself for the shortcomings u have. Oya wait for govt to come and spoon feed u. Wait until u receive love and care from your seniors before u can excel. Who told you their is no greed, hatred and unhealthy competition in entertainment? U are dreaming bro.
You are the reason buhari called us lazy. Ur sense of entitlement no be here. E too much. Until u drop it and face the hustle squarely, u will keep complaining while ur fellow youths are making exploits. U fit join politics she. Na Dem dey always wait for money sharing.
Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by obstead200(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2018
grabben:

what trash is this one saying?
Pple never chop belleful for naija and u are here talking exportation of agro produce? Oya just sell ur e-book or seminar and go. Opportunity abound to market agro produce here in naija, especially for the small starters who can't handle the rigorous logistics of exportation. don't make them put hand for fire abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Little Hope For Nigeria Youths In Agriculture To Succeed by Analyst01(m): 7:46pm On May 07, 2018
Ademolawaleagro:

Please state in bullet points how you propose the government can go about empowering and encouraging the youths in agriculture?

(1) (Reply)

Rams And Goats For Sale / Nigeria Earns N472b From Exports Of Cocoa, Oil Seeds, Grains, Fruits, Others. / Goose Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.