Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,383 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts (3381 Views)

All Mouth & No Action??! Y'all Pentesters/ethical Hackers On Nairaland. / Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 1:08am On May 03, 2018
-Disclaimer: This thread is solely for educational purposes.

I created this thread for both people who are just starting their career in penetration testing and those who are already pros at the profession.So questions and contributions are highly welcome

~Well its not too farfetched; the only way to be a capable pentesters is to know how to code.In all sections of programming;pentesters should be very versatile when it comes to coding.A good hacker should be able to read and write in almost all programming languages (if you truly want to be a master in the game)cos as a hacker; you should be able to efficiently write your own scripts when the CHIPS ARE DOWN,that's what differentiates you from the SCRIPT KIDDIES.
If you are planning to hack by writing scripts and not using tools(softwares) all the time you have to be conversant with these three languages;PHP,Python & C++.Listed in the order of their complexity.
*PHP basically for hacking of websites and granting admin privileges.
*Python is a more powerful hacking language and surprisingly with a very easy to learn syntax.Cos python is a very logical language.
*The C language is also a very powerful language relatively more complex and harder to get than python.It also has a wider range of libraries than python.Simply because it is older than python
So in this thread we are going to be working mostly in python cos it is very easy to learn and powerful.
*Now let's leave the aspect of writing scripts for hacking for the meantime
*The penetration testing world has not left out those who cannot learn programming for one reason or the other out of the game of pentesting
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 10:27pm On May 04, 2018
*Lists of penetration testing softwares*
-Metasploit Framework
-Veil Framework
-Empire Framework
-e.t.c
There are loads of penetration testing softwares out there but the ones I've listed above are part of the most used softwares.
Getting Ready to hack
Before you start to hack you have to have the following almost ready at all times to have a successful hacking career.
-A 4GB RAM(or above) pc
-Wifi Router(it comes very useful at certain times)
Setting up your PC to become a hacking( attacking machine)
The windows operating system was never designed with hacking in mind.If you plan to hack with a windows machine;you might never be able to go fast in learning hacking.I've spent almost 14 days installing just a single python library on windows before.REMEMBER TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO NEVER HACK WITH WINDOWS.
*Linux is the best operating system for hacking no doubt.Every python library you need is already installed with it and all the popular hacking frameworks are already installed by default. So indirectly of you want to turn your PC into a hacking machine; the first thing to do is to install Linux on it.Installing Linux is the first step to a,hacking career.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 1:44pm On May 05, 2018
I would really appreciate it if I get enough comments to keep the thread alive.Thanks
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by muddygroove: 4:54pm On May 05, 2018
What distribution of Linux do you recommend?
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by cle62000(m): 8:44am On May 06, 2018
Thanks for this thread,
Pls continue am following
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 5:44pm On May 06, 2018
muddygroove:
What distribution of Linux do you recommend?
Kali Linux
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 06, 2018
Please carry on, this thread came at the right time for me... I just started learning python.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 8:32pm On May 06, 2018
CHIMDIYA4EVA:
Please carry on, this thread came at the right time for me... I just started learning python.
Welcome on board

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 7:04pm On May 16, 2018
Now let us drop the theory for some time.Let's go into practicals for a while.
I will be putting everybody through on how to create a powerful keylogger in the c++ language.
*Creating your first c++ keystroke capturing software.*
Let's make the class more interesting:
Like I said before there are numerous pentesting softwares out there you can use; but they all come with some required experience; so the best bet is to create your own tools.I will be taking you through how you can create a keylogging software that sends keystrokes directly to your email with Custom encryption. Now let's hit the ground running:
-NB:Pls follow the requirements strictly and please try as much as possible to not tamper with the source code;only change the things I ask you to change,no more no less.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 8:29pm On May 16, 2018
-A windows 10 operating system,USB installed or using a Virtual machine
-Install code blocks on your system.
-As much as I would have loved to drop all the info here;the mods may be pissed off and a *.CPP* and *.h* file .So I will have to create a WhatsApp group(whatsapp allows for .CPP and .h extensions to be uploaded) for the source codes and all you have to do is change the email address and password and you compile.
That's all you have to do to make your email sending keyloggers.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 8:39pm On May 16, 2018
This is the link to join the WhatsApp grouphttps:///Hm2Dg8e09goExC2MhMhXkk
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 11:36pm On May 16, 2018
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 11:37pm On May 16, 2018
Join d WhatsApp group to get everything you need
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by Nobody: 12:53am On May 17, 2018
The link isn't working, can you add me via 0/809355/4575
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 9:18pm On May 17, 2018
Join d WhatsApp group with this link https:///Hm2Dg8e09goExC2MhMhXkk
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 12:11am On May 18, 2018
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 9:21am On May 19, 2018
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by freemasonry20: 11:58am On May 19, 2018
The WhatsApp invite link is not working add me to the group 08132020829
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 12:10pm On May 19, 2018
freemasonry20:
The WhatsApp invite link is not working add me to the group 08132020829
Added.I don't know what is wrong with the link.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 12:13pm On May 19, 2018
Anyone interested can drop their numbers .I will add them.The group is getting deep.Drop nos if you really got interest in infosec
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 2:46pm On May 19, 2018
Download and install code blocks version 17.12 on your pc
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 2:46pm On May 19, 2018
I will drop the download link in a while
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 2:47pm On May 19, 2018
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by ArmadillopgpA: 2:47pm On May 19, 2018
Once downloaded install it.But please take this precautions before install to prevent errors in the compiling stage,If it is convenient for you. Disable your windows firewall and any other AV softwares
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by EKPETI(m): 5:24pm On May 21, 2018
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

i am new beginner in python too. maybe we share ideas, what do think? u can reach me on frankekpeti@gmail.com If u are in warri it will be better.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by Lorenzop: 6:59pm On May 23, 2018
Add me pls

0 8 0 6 8 1 8 6 5 5 5
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by CeeKay17: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
Pls can you add me to the whatsapp group. I will drop my number once you reply this message. Thanks
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by saxj(m): 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
ArmadillopgpA:
Once downloaded install it.But please take this precautions before install to prevent errors in the compiling stage,If it is convenient for you. Disable your windows firewall and any other AV softwares
As a brother concerned. Those who are following this thread, if u dont have idea of programming, dont suffer urcf am sensing d OP may use u as victim. Be wise.
Trust no one, worst a pen tester
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by karlboss: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2019
ArmadillopgpA:
-A windows 10 operating system,USB installed or using a Virtual machine
-Install code blocks on your system.
-As much as I would have loved to drop all the info here;the mods may be pissed off and a *.CPP* and *.h* file .So I will have to create a WhatsApp group(whatsapp allows for .CPP and .h extensions to be uploaded) for the source codes and all you have to do is change the email address and password and you compile.
That's all you have to do to make your email sending keyloggers.

I thought you said we uninstall Windows.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts by EvilSec: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
karlboss:

I thought you said we uninstall Windows.
Probably cause he doesn't know you can develop exploits and write codes on linux.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Some Good Advice On Professional Course To Choose / Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) / Programming: Which Is Most Lucrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.