Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

A Cry For An Urgent Humanitarian Intervention – Sos To The Public-spirited - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Cry For An Urgent Humanitarian Intervention – Sos To The Public-spirited (270 Views)

Wizkid Shut Down Dubai On A Ride With His Spirited Display. / Video Of High Spirited Nigeria Covid-19 Patients In Their Isolation Ward. / ECOWAS Estate Has Become Slum, Residents Send SOS To FCT Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Cry For An Urgent Humanitarian Intervention – Sos To The Public-spirited by Ekotech1980: 2:35pm On May 03, 2018
A CRY FOR AN URGENT HUMANITARIAN INTERVENTION – SOS TO THE PUBLIC-SPIRITED
The issue of one Mr. Onu James Chukwudi who hails from Umuchima Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State is as pathetic as it needs very urgent attention. It is a case that not only government, but also individuals are to rise up to, in demonstration of our commitment to the responsibility of care and concern for the welfare of fellow citizens, irrespective of which part of the country they come from.
Mr. Onu James Chukwudi, who lived with his family of four in India, got deported last year on the basis of expiry of visa, leaving his family vulnerable to danger. In his own words,
“I was recently deported from India and my family is still stranded in India without any means of survival. I was deported without even my shoe lace; my account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa. My kids are facing starvation and my wife exposed to Indian rapists. I have written several letters to Ministry of Foreign Affairs and my state government, yet no response from them.”
The case of James is one that needs to be handled as an emergency. Recently, government rose to the occasion and responded appropriately to the issue of Nigerians that were stranded in Libya. Public-spirited individuals, groups and organizations expressed, in practical terms, that we could be our brothers’ keeper. It’s what marks true nationalism – love for the country through love for her people.

Since last year, Mr. James case has been reported on various media. Below are some:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKO6eEai3g
Focus Nigeria: Citizens Diplomacy | Nigerians Don't Feel Their Government
youtube.com

http://www.yabaleftonline.ng/man-deported-india-cries-help-family-stranded/
Man deported from India cries out for help as his family is still stranded in India - YabaLeftOnline
THE Federal Government has been called upon to widen the scope of its repatriation project to cover not only Nigerians stranded in Libya but also those held in deportation camps in Asian countries such as India and Malaysia. Speaking with South-East Voice in Abakaliki, a Nigerian who was recently de...
yabaleftonline.ng

Till now, this hardworking Nigerian has been making appeals to wherever he thinks of. Unfortunately, the response and assistance he has got has been a drop in a teacup. HE IS ASKING FOR ASSISTANCE FOR A RETURN TICKET OF HIS WIFE AND FOUR CHILDREN, FROM NEW DELHI, INDIA TO NIGERIA.
Contact him: https://web.facebook.com/chudy.james Phone no: 09034343394
Help to save some souls today!

SEE PICTURES: [url][/url]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aqz88Zq08w53BJVl17PB-R8DrLaPR8t7JL-3yNz1tR0/edit

(1) (Reply)

What Manner Of A Nation Is This? / Obaseki’s Devt Architecture Stimulates Economic Growth, Boosts Investor Confiden / The Federal Government Says No To Open Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.