Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director (36703 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by chijokz(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2018
yeyerolling:
indians manage most of his businesses, and they are doing a better job than nigerians would have grin
I agree with you.
All those shouting why didn't he appoint a Nigerian are ignorant of the fact that the company is a publicly traded company with an aggressive global expansion strategy that has shareholders.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Mayflowa(m): 7:00pm On May 03, 2018
Therealev:
Cos there's no Nigerian more qualified abi? You make your products for the consumption and patronage of most (if not all Nigerians). But they're not fit to head your organization abi? Issorai.

Dangote has myriads of international companies even in Europe and Americas. The board should diversified. Don't you think? Moreso, These powerful people can easily break deals in the international sphere. It's good decision joor

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by aribisala0(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2018
TundeHashim:

Lest i forget, about half the capital of Dangote group comes from abroad. That company listed on the US stock exchange bro and LSE... so it's a good thing... rejoice for him

Listed on US stock Exchange and LSE

Since when?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by mufadem2012: 7:14pm On May 03, 2018
No any Nigerian is capable for the post. OK ooo
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by aribisala0(m): 7:17pm On May 03, 2018
Mayflowa:

Dangote has myriads of international companies even in Europe and Americas. The board should diversified. Don't you think? Moreso, These powerful people can easily break deals in the international sphere. It's good decision joor
Myriads of international companies?

please name ONE
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 03, 2018
A pathetic white devil spotted.
Sagay212:

man GTFO my mention and go back to your village and join your fellow almajiris.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Obierika(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2018
Okoyiboz3:

There and not Their.

Start from Primary 1 and maybe you'll be fortunate to become the Director of a motor park.

That was a low punch
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by kmaster007: 7:38pm On May 03, 2018
but why... naija
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by chysam: 8:08pm On May 03, 2018
gideon1971:
How etake concern me,

Please for football lovers, like if you think MADRID can lift this champions league trophy, share for LIVERPOOL

HOW ETAKE CONCERN ME.LIVERPOOL KO, MADRID NI

Pls for indian help smokers,contact me asap,I have 30 containers already at tin can and will be cleared tomorrow. The ban on codeine will definitely boost my business. As for you guy,I will give you some packs for free if your head fit carry am.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 03, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

non-excutive director, they are not involve in the daily operations of the business.
She might not need to attend meetings more than 4times in a year
but she might need to collect fat salaries 4 times a year

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by NeuroBoss(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2018
Reading some ignorant comments, I cringed. Dangote appointment of Mrs Blair is a strategic move to facilitate Dangote Cement's listing on the London Stock Exchange.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by qanda: 8:44pm On May 03, 2018
Well, if you read through her profile she has an enviable resume. We congratulate her and Dangote Group for the development.
Let me tell you a short story, two men got employed by a top organisation and were placed on the same pay grade. Few years later, one earned 10 times the salary of the other, the employee whose salary had remained the same since he got the job became envious of his colleague. One day, he summoned courage to ask his friend what he was doing differently to earn promotion and salary increase every year. The answer was simple, "I make efforts to add value to myself and the company by attending relevant workshops and write certification exams, the company leadership recognise and appreciate the value I bring to the organisation". He continued, "Do the same, and you'll get promoted and earn as much as I do".

Dear reader, how much value have you added this year? How many relevant books have you read? Do you attend seminars and Workshops? Is there a Certification exams relevant to your course or profession?

Notice: Download Study Materials, Past Questions and Answers for Job Tests and Professional Exams on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Playstore Now

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by dataking: 8:54pm On May 03, 2018
8744Kin:
Cherie is a woman, Davies is a Jew.

Dangote is going global.

Thump up.

Myopic bigot.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 03, 2018
I don't think there's an African in existence with such credentials. Mrs Blair is one hell of a woman.
Therealev:
Cos there's no Nigerian more qualified abi? You make your products for the consumption and patronage of most (if not all Nigerians). But they're not fit to head your organization abi? Issorai.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by ofuonyebi: 9:02pm On May 03, 2018
this moneybags self sometimes with madness in thier head....so dangote no see any qualified men & woman in nigeria to fill this kind position?

when will our self inflicted inferiority complex leave us alone...another indirect colonization.....haba dangote na wetin?...this is 21st century now?
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by iluvpomo(m): 9:02pm On May 03, 2018
yeyerolling:
May God punish her husband and his boyfriend Bush for what they did in iraq and afghanistan
The Muslims there did it to themselves ... enough of the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by qanda: 9:07pm On May 03, 2018
ofuonyebi:

this moneybags self sometimes with madness in thier head....so dangote no see any qualified men & woman in nigeria to fill this kind position?

when will our self inflicted inferiority complex leave us alone...another indirect colonization.....haba dangote na wetin?...this is 21st century now?
This line of thought is very limiting. Do you know that many Nigerians are also siting on the boards of foreign organisations, do you have any problem with this? Dangote Group is a Global organisation and not limited to employ a particular Nationality as staff. You should be proud that a company from Nigeria has grown to achieve such global repute and association. Dont you think you can build a Global company too, if you are ready to pay the prize - Work?

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by 8744Kin(m): 9:08pm On May 03, 2018
dataking:

Myopic bigot.

This your stupidity made my stomach boil but......

I understand your ignorance.

In a simple term, I was praising Dangote for being dynamic and looking beyond gender, race and religion.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by OlujobaSamuel: 9:27pm On May 03, 2018
Lilisticlili:
but she might need to collect fat salaries 4 times a year
lol, some no dey collect much salary sef, salary fit be 100k, while allowee for food go be 1000% of salary.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 03, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

lol, some no dey collect much salary sef, salary fit be 100k, while allowee for food go be 1000% of salary.
blood of Buhari!
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by koyeni(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2018
Good move..
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by dataking: 11:15pm On May 03, 2018
8744Kin:

This your stupidity made my stomach boil but......

I understand your ignorance.

In a simple term, I was praising Dangote for being dynamic and looking beyond gender, race and religion.

Shut up, ignoramus. He doesn’t need your accolades. He doesn’t have a whack mentality like you do.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by dataking: 11:16pm On May 03, 2018
iluvpomo:
The Muslims there did it to themselves ... enough of the blame game.

Dont blame your father.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by klas(m): 11:27pm On May 03, 2018
aribisala0:
Not compulsory to comment on everything even when you have no clue what is going on.

What is an "Independent Non Executive Diector"

Fact is Dangote is seeking to list his business on the London Stock Exchange and likely she will use her connections to facilitate that and access to the UK Capital market.

There are three sets of directors in a Board - (1) Executive (for day to day running), (2) non-executive (they are on the board to represent their direct or indirect shareholding interest in the company. They attend regular board meetings) and (3) Independent (they are non-executive also but they must not have shareholding interest in the company either directly or indirectly)

Code of Corporate Governance including the one applicable in Nigeria requires a company to have the mixture of the three on the Board. Certain board committees’ chairmanship are reserved for only independent directors.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by klas(m): 11:32pm On May 03, 2018
mamatwiny:

I know appointment of most non executive director in Nigeria is usually by major shareholders of the company . They appoint a trusted person that can help them keep an eye on the company and be involved in the major decisions in the company. By this appointment, I guess Tony blaire has a huge stake in dangote cement.

Nope. If Tony or his wife have even a single share in Dangote, then the wife cannot be an independent non-executive director. She would have been appointed as just a non-executive director to represent her husband interest.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Debazent: 12:52am On May 04, 2018
No Nigerians to handle it again ni,this is a case of job selling .

Hope soon we will get it right in this country
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by Heymeka(m): 1:09am On May 04, 2018
Hmmmmm looks like some heavy amounts of British pounds sterling don exchange hands.... Aunty enjoy the fruit of ur labour jare... wah do I know?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by uzoexcel(m): 7:02am On May 04, 2018
mightily impressive qualifications

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by cremeboy: 7:37am On May 04, 2018
[quote author=Okoyiboz3 post=67252381]

There and not Their.

Start from Primary 1 and maybe you'll be fortunate to become the Director of a motor park. ���
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by 8744Kin(m): 7:55am On May 04, 2018
dataking:

Shut up, ignoramus. He doesn’t need your accolades. He doesn’t have a whack mentality like you do.

Thank you. You can now move on and don't mention me again pls.
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by iluvpomo(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2018
dataking:
Dont blame your father.
thank goodness we are "online", otherwise you jihadi would have ... shocked
Re: Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director by afrika(f): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2018
White get discipline while blacks get energy n brain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science / Got Called Back To Work After Resignation / Access Bank And It's Age Requirement For Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.