Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% (8408 Views)

MTN Nigeria’s Data Revenue Hits N568 Billion As Surpasses Voice Revenue / 73% Of Nigerians Would Put Spare Cash Into Savings—report / Banking Stocks Emerge Best Performers, Offer Investors 73% Return In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Truth234(m): 6:16am On May 04, 2018
MTN Nigeria Communications Limited has announced a year-on-year increase of 73.2 per cent in revenue from data services for the first quarter of this year.

A statement issued by Public Relations and Protocol Manager, Mr. Funso Aina, on Thursday said the digital mobile operators grew its total revenue for the quarter by 14.4 per cent.

The company, however, did not disclose what the earnings mean in monetary terms. It pledged to release detailed results on May 7.

The statement read in part, “MTN Nigeria subscribers increased by 4.3 per cent quarter-on-quarter to 54.5 million.

“Constant currency (organic) service revenue increased by 14.4 per cent and data revenue increased 73.2 per cent year-on-year.”

The statement quoted the Chief Executive Officer, MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman, to have said, “MTN Nigeria delivered a strong performance for the first quarter of 2018, supported by growth in data revenue and increased scale. We also maintained positive momentum in growing our subscriber base and maintaining our network leadership position.”

He added that MTN continued with the positive momentum of 2017, increasing service revenue by 14.4 per cent year-on-year, supported by a 73.2 per cent increase in data revenue and 15.2 per cent growth in voice revenue.

In the first quarter of 2018, the earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation margin expanded to 41.8 per cent due to well controlled expenses and a stable naira, he added.

The mobile operator reported net additions in the quarter of 2.3 million following on from the two million net additions in the fourth quarter of 2017, which was supported by the increase in the SIM registration footprint.

http://investorsking.com/mtn-grows-data-revenue-73/

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Tunagee(m): 6:26am On May 04, 2018
Truth234:
MTN Nigeria Communications Limited has announced a year-on-year increase of 73.2 per cent in revenue from data services for the first quarter of this year.

A statement issued by Public Relations and Protocol Manager, Mr. Funso Aina, on Thursday said the digital mobile operators grew its total revenue for the quarter by 14.4 per cent.

The company, however, did not disclose what the earnings mean in monetary terms. It pledged to release detailed results on May 7.

The statement read in part, “MTN Nigeria subscribers increased by 4.3 per cent quarter-on-quarter to 54.5 million.

“Constant currency (organic) service revenue increased by 14.4 per cent and data revenue increased 73.2 per cent year-on-year.”

The statement quoted the Chief Executive Officer, MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman, to have said, “MTN Nigeria delivered a strong performance for the first quarter of 2018, supported by growth in data revenue and increased scale. We also maintained positive momentum in growing our subscriber base and maintaining our network leadership position.”

He added that MTN continued with the positive momentum of 2017, increasing service revenue by 14.4 per cent year-on-year, supported by a 73.2 per cent increase in data revenue and 15.2 per cent growth in voice revenue.

In the first quarter of 2018, the earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation margin expanded to 41.8 per cent due to well controlled expenses and a stable naira, he added.

The mobile operator reported net additions in the quarter of 2.3 million following on from the two million net additions in the fourth quarter of 2017, which was supported by the increase in the SIM registration footprint.

http://investorsking.com/mtn-grows-data-revenue-73/

Nonsense network. I started using GLO network on Saturday 28/4/2018 and to be sincere, its been a very great experience using it to browse. GLO is the best!! Let's support our own indigenous network doing us proud, and stop patronizing these fraudulent and slave driver MTN and other South African firms.GLO just bailed me out of this useless MTN network I have patronized since inception.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by devigblegble: 7:10am On May 04, 2018
K
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by nony43(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2018
B
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by SalamRushdie: 7:11am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Nonsense network. I started using GLO network on Saturday 28/4/2018 and to be sincere, its been a very great experience using it to browse. GLO is the best!! Let's support our own indigenous network doing us proud, and stop patronizing these fraudulent and slave driver MTN and other South African firms.GLO just bailed me out of this useless MTN network I have patronized since inception.

Glo that my sister can't use to send email till date ? Keep decieving yourself you this Glo employee

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by inoki247: 7:11am On May 04, 2018
MtN and d Devil i no know d one wey wicked pass... u buy data from MtN and give you AirBag...

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by inoki247: 7:12am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Glo Dat can keel someones Glory... my Glo will go to rest when is weekend. i dont know when network start going weekend break.. from 7pm e no go work start working from 3am. Fri to sun like is going to weekend night club.. d network tire me

17 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by sinorte: 7:12am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Your comment is fraught with calumny and it's obvious you're only out to distort the truth. I would have been able to help with whatever issues you 'had' with the network (that's even if there's any) if you would come out clean.

Be assured that MTN's data revenue growth is not a fluke but a representation of subscribers' continued trust in the yellow network. As a company out to make its customers happy, MTN continues to invests heavily in network productivity and optimisation. If you don't know, you don't know.

So, brother, it's high time you rejoined the MTN network where you can do amazing things with data and enjoy seamless data experience.

Lest I forget, I posted this comment in the middle of the sea on MTN network and there was no break in data coverage.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by anyimontana(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2018
This thiefing* network

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by emmabest2000(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2018

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by lat1tudeo3: 7:13am On May 04, 2018
Ok
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by isrena: 7:15am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Glo is a nightmare to use. MTN data still the best, just that it's expensive.

Like for MTN. Share for GLO. Quote for Others

38 Likes 14 Shares

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by StevieAbraks111(m): 7:17am On May 04, 2018
I think it depends on where you reside, Glo network is the best mehn.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by neolboy(m): 7:17am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Bro pertaining to Glo network you are on your own in this case

9 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by ade2291(m): 7:17am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Glo is shit! I can't be walking upadan looking for network to browse. Rubbish...

4 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by EternalBeing: 7:19am On May 04, 2018
shocked
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Emmydo360(m): 7:19am On May 04, 2018
How come..?? But mtn data r too expensive

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Sagay212: 7:25am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Keep quiet. Glo is the worst network in the world. Dont even come here to talk trash about glo being the best. Support people who cannot provide simple 4g while other networks are. Abeg park one side

4 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by ideology(m): 7:26am On May 04, 2018
Glo data services is very poor, my last sub expired with 3Gb unused, this is not the first time but it is the last. Glo bye

Etisalat too expensive and get exhausted too fast

Airtel not reliable

That's how MTN became my final answer.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Sagay212: 7:28am On May 04, 2018
MTN is still the best when it comes to fast internet and large network coverage. Yes that data may be expensive and finish quickly but at least you will enjoy what you paid for unlike the useless glo that you won't be able to send ordinary email or open google. 9mobile is also becoming very useless like glo.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Tunagee(m): 7:29am On May 04, 2018
sinorte:

Your comment is fraught with calumny and it's obvious you're only out to distort the truth. I would have been able to help with whatever issues you 'had' with the network (that's even if there's any) if you would come out clean.

Be assured that MTN's data revenue growth is not a fluke but a representation of subscribers' continued trust in the yellow network. As a company out to make its customers happy, MTN continues to invests heavily in network productivity and optimisation. If you don't know, you don't know.

So, brother, it's high time you rejoined the MTN network where you can do amazing things with data and enjoy seamless data experience.

Lest I forget, I posted this comment in the middle of the sea on MTN network and there was no break in data coverage.

MTN dey deceive u with the peanut salary dem dey pay u abi?
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by mclorenzo(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2018
Make una do reduce price of data abeg. I cannot fit come and kill myself because of una
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by nedu2000(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2018
Why won't revenue increase when subscribers exhaust a supposed month long data in 2 days!!

5 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by 247Dior(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

we'll wants to use and support glo but they have the worst network. . That's the problem

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by HoodBillionaire: 7:40am On May 04, 2018
i af 90gig on spectranet
see downloafing don tire me
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by soberdrunk(m): 7:40am On May 04, 2018
All thanks to MOJO!!!
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Tunagee(m): 7:44am On May 04, 2018
Sagay212:

Keep quiet. Glo is the worst network in the world. Dont even come here to talk trash about glo being the best. Support people who cannot provide simple 4g while other networks are. Abeg park one side

I have always struggled using MTN at home for like 7 years. It's been terrible. So people in my area advised to use GLO, but I kept doubting, not until I tried it on Saturday. LTE and 3G all very fast on GLO. I don't have to run up and down looking for network around my home and my immediate environment anymore. It was very terrible for 7 years. I even complained to MTN to optimize the network, upon everything, no show. For u guys info, I worked for MTN for 10 years so I know what the network strengths are. I am particular about where I Iive and do 95% of my browsing. GLO data also does not deplete quickly. MTN bullshit data exhausts like pure water.! I don't give a damn about their rip off network. Even the voice call very fast on GLO. I even discovered GLO has very sweet data plans. They even send me updates on how to check my balance and my bonus available, and also very user friendly. I have also visited several communities in my area and GLO has been extremely fast. GLO is the best
U guys can go to hell with MTN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Nobody: 7:53am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Support snail network undecided!

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by IMASTEX: 7:53am On May 04, 2018
"Growing data revenue. . ." without those making the payment benefiting real value for what they are paying for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Nobody: 7:55am On May 04, 2018
Emmydo360:
How come..?? But mtn data r too expensive
It means quality counts at times

2 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by sinorte: 8:03am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

I have always struggled using MTN at home for like 7 years. It's been terrible. So people in my area advised to use GLO, but I kept doubting, not until I tried it on Saturday. LTE and 3G all very fast on GLO. I don't have to run up and down looking for network around my home and my immediate environment anymore. It was very terrible for 7 years. I even complained to MTN to optimize the network, upon everything, no show. For u guys info, I worked for MTN for 10 years so I know what the network strengths are. I am particular about where I Iive and do 95% of my browsing. GLO data also does not deplete quickly. MTN bullshit data exhausts like pure water.! I don't give a damn about their rip off network. Even the voice call very fast on GLO. I even discovered GLO has very sweet data plans. They even send me updates on how to check my balance and my bonus available, and also very user friendly. I have also visited several communities in my area and GLO has been extremely fast. GLO is the best
U guys can go to hell with MTN.

Calm down bro. Hate the game and not the player.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Information On Setting Up A Standard All-in-one Printing Press / Do We Produce Money In CBN Nigeria? / How To Make A Lot Of Money In Few Weeks By Creating Youtube Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.