Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% (8412 Views)

MTN Nigeria’s Data Revenue Hits N568 Billion As Surpasses Voice Revenue / 73% Of Nigerians Would Put Spare Cash Into Savings—report / Banking Stocks Emerge Best Performers, Offer Investors 73% Return In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by SmartPolician: 8:05am On May 04, 2018
Criminals...by stealing people’s data

Thieves!

I will never forgive MTN for stealing my data on the last day of last month.

Criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Baddiezz(f): 8:10am On May 04, 2018
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by LordOfNaira: 8:12am On May 04, 2018
Am I the only one going through serious network issues with MTN or is the problem general?

I have never had it this terrible with MTN.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by sprinter101(m): 8:12am On May 04, 2018
mtn that sucks data as if sucking one babes bwess,but glo in my area so so fast and reliable,but most of the time they normally have dis network issue thats cuts u off for more than 3hrs
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by horlabiyi(m): 8:14am On May 04, 2018
I would have been the "First to comment" if not for the fact that Glo is useless bro. Took them ages to post my comment �

2 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by lanre316: 8:16am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Nonsense network. I started using GLO network on Saturday 28/4/2018 and to be sincere, its been a very great experience using it to browse. GLO is the best!! Let's support our own indigenous network doing us proud, and stop patronizing these fraudulent and slave driver MTN and other South African firms.GLO just bailed me out of this useless MTN network I have patronized since inception.

Honestly, I agree with your point and I would prefer our indigenous brand to become dominant. But in my location, glo network is the most useless data network. It is very slow and takes forever to load pages. What made me part ways with them is when they slashed their data bundle into half. I don't like patronizing the South African leech but they have one of the best services out there and most people care about good services than the nation the company came from. If glo can improve their network strength and go back to being data grandmasters, I will patronize made in Nigeria network. Otherwise I have no choice than the South African counterpart

3 Likes

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by adeniyisamuel59(m): 8:24am On May 04, 2018
Glo is new wine in a new jar, I am back to glo for good, MTN has insidiously increased data tariff without the keen knowledge of the subscriber, it is not worth it scrapping my head for their worthless data.....spit !
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by adeniyisamuel59(m): 8:26am On May 04, 2018
lanre316:

Honestly, I agree with your point and I would prefer our indigenous brand to become dominant. But in my location, glo network is the most useless data network. It is very slow and takes forever to load pages. What made me part ways with them is when they slashed their data bundle into half. I don't like patronizing the South African leech but they have one of the best services out there and most people care about good services than the nation the company came from. If glo can improve their network strength and go back to being data grandmasters, I will patronize made in Nigeria network. Otherwise I have no choice than the South African counterpart
I think you can review it again, glo is better.

1 Like

Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by purplekayc(m): 8:38am On May 04, 2018
asuustrike2009:

It means quality counts at times
they've to. Reduce their data cost bro
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Sagay212: 8:56am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

I have always struggled using MTN at home for like 7 years. It's been terrible. So people in my area advised to use GLO, but I kept doubting, not until I tried it on Saturday. LTE and 3G all very fast on GLO. I don't have to run up and down looking for network around my home and my immediate environment anymore. It was very terrible for 7 years. I even complained to MTN to optimize the network, upon everything, no show. For u guys info, I worked for MTN for 10 years so I know what the network strengths are. I am particular about where I Iive and do 95% of my browsing. GLO data also does not deplete quickly. MTN bullshit data exhausts like pure water.! I don't give a damn about their rip off network. Even the voice call very fast on GLO. I even discovered GLO has very sweet data plans. They even send me updates on how to check my balance and my bonus available, and also very user friendly. I have also visited several communities in my area and GLO has been extremely fast. GLO is the best
U guys can go to hell with MTN.

lol...maybe MTN sacked you. you keep shouting your area your area, your area nor get name. whatever your area is i don't even care. 90% of nigerians who have used glo can testify that their network is shi.ty and no where near MTN. The worst thing is with all the complains about the terrible glo networks, their management do not seem to give a phuck about it. all they are interested in is the money. they decieve people with senseless bonus data that they won't be able to use, collect your money and keep quiet.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by rman: 9:06am On May 04, 2018
If MTN goes to the stock exchange later in the year as promised, will Nigerians still refer to them as a South African company?

What a lot of people do not know is that South Africans no longer have majority shares in MTN group.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by faridpac2: 9:14am On May 04, 2018
Sagay212:
MTN is still the best when it comes to fast internet and large network coverage. Yes that data may be expensive and finish quickly but at least you will enjoy what you paid for unlike the useless glo that you won't be able to send ordinary email or open google. 9mobile is also becoming very useless like glo.
Glo is good now
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by lionshare: 9:24am On May 04, 2018
DATA is the new crude...
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by naijacentric(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2018
isrena:
Glo is a nightmare to use. MTN data still the best, just that it's expensive.

Like for MTN. Share for GLO. Quote for Others
why do u guys lie like dis is it everywhere mtn is good abegi it depends on ur location
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by naijacentric(m): 9:29am On May 04, 2018
Sagay212:
MTN is still the best when it comes to fast internet and large network coverage. Yes that data may be expensive and finish quickly but at least you will enjoy what you paid for unlike the useless glo that you won't be able to send ordinary email or open google. 9mobile is also becoming very useless like glo.
liars its mtn thats d worst i av covered like some states its mtn dats has issues d most stop d hate on glo it depends on ur location abegi
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by faithfull18(f): 9:49am On May 04, 2018
Network connectivity being good or fast for any network service provider is dependent on location.

You need to see my profile. wink
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Sagay212: 10:24am On May 04, 2018
naijacentric:
liars its mtn thats d worst i av covered like some states its mtn dats has issues d most stop d hate on glo it depends on ur location abegi

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION HONESTLY BEFORE I KNOW WHAT NEXT TO SAY TO YOU. WHAT PHONE DO YOU CURRENTLY USE?
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Tunagee(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2018
rman:
If MTN goes to the stock exchange later in the year as promised, will Nigerians still refer to them as a South African company?

What a lot of people do not know is that South Africans no longer have majority shares in MTN group.

You guys should leave this MTN coming to the stock market thing. Their share ain't gonna do well, ask prospective stock experts. They are only coming to the Nigerian market to fulfil their selfish aim and objective so as to cushion the huge effect of the NCC penalty fine. Useless networks!
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by CSTR1003: 10:36am On May 04, 2018
rman:

Who owns the majority shares? Is it Nigerians?

I would like it for us to indigenalize that company, after all we are their biggest customers in Africa.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:01am On May 04, 2018
sinorte:

Your comment is fraught with calumny and it's obvious you're only out to distort the truth. I would have been able to help with whatever issues you 'had' with the network (that's even if there's any) if you would come out clean.

Be assured that MTN's data revenue growth is not a fluke but a representation of subscribers' continued trust in the yellow network. As a company out to make its customers happy, MTN continues to invests heavily in network productivity and optimisation. If you don't know, you don't know.

So, brother, it's high time you rejoined the MTN network where you can do amazing things with data and enjoy seamless data experience.

Lest I forget, I posted this comment in the middle of the sea on MTN network and there was no break in data coverage.

Hey brother pls u need a job with. MTN even if it's a bottom level job please sir.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by rman: 11:05am On May 04, 2018
CSTR1003:

Who owns the majority shares? Is it Nigerians?

I would like it for us to indigenalize that company, after all we are their biggest customers in Africa.

Majority share owners are Europeans.

How many companies that is "indigenalize" that became very successful.

What exactly will be the benefit to the common man on the street?

MTN has impacted our economy positively and we should protect it, instead of making her look like a bad thing.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by rman: 11:10am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

You guys should leave this MTN coming to the stock market thing. Their share ain't gonna do well, ask prospective stock experts. They are only coming to the Nigerian market to fulfil their selfish aim and objective so as to cushion the huge effect of the NCC penalty fine. Useless networks!

It is the Nigerian government arm twisting them into coming into the stock exchange. Left for MTN, they do not want to. So where is the selfish agenda?

They have done so well with the NCC fine, how many companies can drop 50 billion annually in fine and still declare profit in Nigeria?

Ask people that see the numbers, they will tell you MTN is a very strong brand in terms of assets.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by SARMAT: 11:11am On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Nonsense network. I started using GLO network on Saturday 28/4/2018 and to be sincere, its been a very great experience using it to browse. GLO is the best!! Let's support our own indigenous network doing us proud, and stop patronizing these fraudulent and slave driver MTN and other South African firms.GLO just bailed me out of this useless MTN network I have patronized since inception.

Yoruba double standards when it Is glo let support our own BUT WHEN IT US INOSONS THEY MAKE SUBSTANDARD GOODS... SO MAGGOT WHICH WAY ABEG
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by zoltan02(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2018
Glo is a total disappointment. With all the fiber optic shit they claim to have, yet the network is still pathetic.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Nobody: 11:59am On May 04, 2018
All thanks to the useless Glo network, I have over 4gb on my Glo I had to dump it and sub on my Mtn line just because the useless glo network have been playing hide and seek for days now.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

The funny thing is they keep saying use naija to grow naija but the naija thing is even frustrating those using it, how do they expect us to continue to use it?

Glo frustrate me throughout this week, I even try to speak with their customer care and couldn't hear what she was saying. I had to hang up cos of the poor network.

Glo really need to step up, if they think it's because of the data they should know that soon people will forget about it and pay more just have a peace of mind.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by mlindoes: 12:57pm On May 04, 2018
rman:

Where did you hear that MTN is not majority held in South Africa? Nigerians and making up facts... SMH

1st lets start with MTN Group

The biggest shareholder of the MTN Group is the Public Investment Corporation, which is owned by the South African Govt, other major shareholders are Coronation Asset Management of South Africa, MTN Zakhele, owned by black South Africans, and a variety of other International and South African Asset Management Companys.

The publically traded shares for the MTN Group are traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exhange, and are arguably majority owned by South Africans, which is why the Sathas and their govt went very frantic when Nigeria threatened to bankrupt their crown jewel.

Now on MTN Nigeria, huuuuuuuuuge majority, last time i checked about 80% is owned by the MTN Group, the balance being held by a variety of South African, International and Nigerian asset managers and filthy rich individuals.

Source: I did a masters thesis on MTN, but you can google if you dont trust my UNILAG qualification, you wouldnt be the first one either way grin grin grin.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 04, 2018
purplekayc:
they've to. Reduce their data cost bro
Unfortunately they can't because ncc will not let them
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by rman: 1:54pm On May 04, 2018
mlindoes:

Where did you hear that MTN is not majority held in South Africa? Nigerians and making up facts... SMH

1st lets start with MTN Group

The biggest shareholder of the MTN Group is the Public Investment Corporation, which is owned by the South African Govt, other major shareholders are Coronation Asset Management of South Africa, MTN Zakhele, owned by black South Africans, and a variety of other International and South African Asset Management Companys.

The publically traded shares for the MTN Group are traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exhange, and are arguably majority owned by South Africans, which is why the Sathas and their govt went very frantic when Nigeria threatened to bankrupt their crown jewel.

Now on MTN Nigeria, huuuuuuuuuge majority, last time i checked about 80% is owned by the MTN Group, the balance being held by a variety of South African, International and Nigerian asset managers and filthy rich individuals.

Source: I did a masters thesis on MTN, but you can google if you dont trust my UNILAG qualification, you wouldnt be the first one either way grin grin grin.

Well, you picked up all these info from public domain, that is all I will say. Less than 2 years ago, a lot has changed.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by purplekayc(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Unfortunately they can't because ncc will not let them
their Internet quality is good but costly.
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 04, 2018
purplekayc:
their Internet quality is good but costly.
That is the price to pay
Re: MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% by Operette(m): 3:21pm On May 04, 2018
Tunagee:

Visit glo page anywhere fb or twitter and confirm their rubbish network from users. I couldn't imagine myself buying 1gb for 1k now but I am. It's better than paying same for 2 or 4gb I couldn't use a third of due to holiday network.
MTN provides quality and people are forced to pay for it. Period.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Information On Setting Up A Standard All-in-one Printing Press / Do We Produce Money In CBN Nigeria? / Overcoming The Nigerian Factor In Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.