Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,585 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Review Of J Cole KOD Album & Free Mp3 Download - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Review Of J Cole KOD Album & Free Mp3 Download (2677 Views)

Download Middle Child By J Cole / Album: Kiss Daniel - No Bad Songz NBS Album Free Download / J - Cole's KOD review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review Of J Cole KOD Album & Free Mp3 Download by 24hoursreporter: 10:25am On May 04, 2018
By Choice Arukwe

J Cole is no longer that student of hip-hop who traveled to New York to stalk Jay- Z for an opportunity to rap for him. No, he is not also the type of rapper who will pen down an apology again for letting his idol ‘Nas” down. In fact, he is living in another world where he occupies exclusively as a king. No wonder the artwork cover of J Cole’s KOD album depicts him wearing a crown, enrobed, and sitting in the sky above principalities and whack punchlines.

Overview Of J Cole’s KOD

The album ‘Kids on Drugs’ or ‘King Over-Dosed’ or ‘Kill Our Demons’ talks about different stages of addiction. The (KOD) artwork also covers a little girl snorting coke, a small boy sipping lean and a third child smoking weed; which he suggested that people should abstain from things like smoking, drinking and drug peddling.

Cole’s albums have always been on issues as it affects humanity, compartmentalized but polemical in their own nature. For example, his fourth album grapples with fragility of life and the importance of keeping your family close especially when he ruminated about the death of his friend James Mcmillan who was killed at 22.

In the intro of KOD album, Cole started off with an advice that “Life can bring much pain, there are many ways to deal with this pain, choose wisely” which could be a reminder on the ills of treating mental illnesses with drugs.

Cole started finding pleasures in weed at a tender age so on the track “Friends” he confessed to his dependence on weed and also called names of friends who abuse drugs to stop. He also elaborated on the track “Photographs” about falling in love with a woman he met online hoping they will see one day. A prevalent thing in this generation.

The track that stood out in the rest of the album is “Once an Addict”. Cole remembers his mother’s love with the gin bottle after his stepfather had a child with another woman.

We can recall that in J Cole’s “Three wishes” track in Forest Hills album, he talks about how he woke up one morning and heard his mother and step father beefin. “Cuz I felt like a coward, so powerless I was only twelve, I wish I could bust through that door my fuckin self and grab the glock right off the shelf, if nothing else scared a nigga shirtless”. Connecting these lyrics with “Once an addict” lyrics, fans can admit that the North Carolina born sinner has a special affinity for his mum.

Click here to download the song
Re: Review Of J Cole KOD Album & Free Mp3 Download by prince2pac(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2018
[b]THIS [/b]THIS ALBUM IS SO STRONG. ....
ON MY OWN RATING I WILL GIVE THIS ALBUM 5/5..

1ST YOU TALK OF 'THE CUT OFF FT KILL EDWARD' SO PURE.....

THEN YOU TALK OF 'BRACKETS;; 1985;; ONCE AN ADDICT;; MOTIV8;; KOD;;; KEVINS HEART....

I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO START TALKING ABOUT THEM ALL....

J COLE IS A REAL ARTIST. .....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Exclusive! :) Lalaboiy Finally Replies Benjamz Part 2! / Full Video Mp4/mp3: Justin Bieber - Anyone Download / Bollywood: Songs, Lyrics & Translation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.