Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,971 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Johnspeak Uwangue: How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace (394 Views)

How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace By Johnspeak Uwangue / "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Johnspeak Uwangue: How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace by Nobody: 10:50am On May 04, 2018
How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivator, HR Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach

Back then in the University, there was this lecturer who was always fond of asking questions while teaching. On this particular day, he started asking everyone questions one after another. When he got to my turn, he asked me a question that I had no idea about and instead of answering I was just smiling. When he saw me smiling, he said "sit down, you smile too much". That was how I was able to charm him with my smile and saved myself from public disgrace.

The truth is, no matter how great your vision, dreams or idea is you need people to bring it to pass. Your employees are the horse while you are the rider. If you don't take good care of your horse it won't take you to your destination on time. Should I stop teaching employees how to manipulate their way at their workplace? Hell No! Naturally, most humans won't do the needful unless they are manipulated to do so. So, today, I want to share with you some few tips on how you can easily charm your way to the top at your workplace.

- Study People

The step to a successful charming adventure is to know the makeup of the people you intend to charm. Not all charms will work for everyone. For example, you can't charm me with alcohol neither can you charm me with flattering. I'm my own motivator. Some people can be charmed with flattering, some can be charmed with respect (by doing yes sir, yes Ma to them), some can be charmed by your beauty or handsomeness while some can be charmed by your intelligence. You should be able to study people at your workplace most especially those at the top. Every human has one charming ability or the other. Some people's own are their innocent looks while some can charm you with their pseudo Humility. You should understand what works for them and use it against them.

- Understand Your Ability
Naturally, I look very calm and reserved and I know that as one of my charms, what's yours? Yours can be your dedication to things. Naturally, you always find yourself giving your best at things. Yours can be your smile (those smiles that can melt the heart of Pharoah himself). Your charm can get you a second or third chance when you mess up. I know mine, what's yours? Yours can be the way you laugh or your composure, or your humor, or your height or your backside or frontside or the way you speak or your bad boy or bad girl style or your saintly look. Whatever yours is, just understand and develop them.

- Show Interest
Every employer has one ambition or another. Those ambitions may be the reason for setting up the company in the first place. This charming technique involves you showing interest in his or her vision or dreams. Even if you don't care pretend as if you do until you've gotten what you want. As a wife have you ever wondered why your husband is so obsessed with his sidechick? There's the possibility that his sidechick shows more interest in his vision than you do. The joy of everyone (male and female) is to have at least one person who's seems interested in their vision. If other charms doesn't work, this will. Showing interest can get you a seat meant for children.

I strongly believe that after applying these simple techniques that your workplace life will never remain the same again. I await your testimonies as well as your prophet offering LOL!.

Succeed You Must

© Johnspeak Uwangue a.k.a The Oracle
Motivator, HR Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

(1) (Reply)

I need a good job / I Seriously Need Opinions Msc in Geotechnical Engineering / How To Promote Your Book Before You Even Publish It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.