Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria (4663 Views)

6 Tips For Continuous Content Ideas On Social Media / How To Build A Wildly Successful Online Business In Nigeria / How To Start A Successful Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 6:57pm On May 04, 2018
The dream of every blogger is to build a wildly successful blog.

But...

Sometimes, starting out as a new blogger is you find out the task is not only a bit overwhelming sometimes you can become really confused considering the myriads of information you’ll have to deal with for a start.
[url]
In this post, which is my answer to questions from readers an[/url]d other new bloggers, I have listed out 6 of the most important tips for new and old bloggers that will help you create a wildly successful blog..

With these tips, you should get a head start on your way to creating a wildly successful blog.

Alright then. Let’s get started..
This is a summary of what you’ll learn below.

Know your 4wh: why what when where how.
Know your audience.
Write content.
Write content.
Promote.
Sell.

Okay. So… So. Many people been asking like Victor what’s the best blogging tips for new bloggers.

Now I will try to answer this briefly in this post. The number one tip I will give any new blogger is this…

1. Know your 4WH.

Your 4WH is your What. Why. When. Where. How.

It’s like asking yourself, What do I really want to do? Or achieve with this stuff I'm doing?

This answer helps you understand your motive and then streamline your actions towards achieving it.

So for instance if my motive is to blog so I can make money blogging. I will just write it down. Then ask myself, why do I really want to do this?

This leads us to the second W: Why? Your why is your purpose. It’s what is going to stir you when you feel like quitting.

Many people give up on blogging and other digital business too soon because they don’t really understand their why.

We’re not going to let this happen that’s why you’re going to really ask yourself, what’s the purpose behind my blogging.

If it’s all about making money online so you can further your studies or get better accommodation for your family, you have to write it down.

The next thing is When: This talks about the timeline for achieving the objective of your blogging.

Here you ask yourself, with my level of knowledge for instance, at what time can I comfortably achieve this?

You don’t have to tie yourself to any time. All you need do is create a powerful timeline that will keep you committed to reaching the goal.

After that we’ll talk about the fourth “W” Where: this helps you understand where the majority of your effort will be focused.

As you already know, blogging is done online so understanding this helps you put in place the necessary software and hardware appliances that will help you operate from online.

So for instance you will get your tablets, smartphone and laptops ready. Plan when you should use alternatives like public computers, business centres when necessary etc.

Then the very last component is the “H“: H stands for How. It answers the question, how am I going to really achieve these blogging objectives?

This is where you’ll set up a blogging schedule. Like for instance, schedules days and hours you’ll write, days you will promote across social media, other blogs and platforms, Days you will finally sell etc.

Affix a target expectation to each of those activities. So for instance if I promote my blog across social media for this number of times within this week, I should be able to reach this number of people.

Or if I do this consistently at so and so time, I will have that. This briefly explains how you will achieve the laid down goals.

And you should write this down. Improve on it where necessary. And make sure you follow it every single time you’re engaging in any of your blogging activities.

[b]2. Know your audience. [/b]OK now the next thing to do is getting to know your audience.

Depending on your goal set out in H1, you should be able to know which audience will help you achieve this goal.

So let’s say you’re trying to become a professional blogging coach for instance, you will want to target website owners, small businesses and other blogging enthusiasts with your posts.

Same thing for someone planning to make money blogging through advertising. You will want to create posts that will bring in your target audience to your blog.

3. Write contents. Y[/b]es. And for the non initiates, content is your blog updated. Be it videos, podcast, graphics etc, whatever you will be updating on your blog that’s content.

So to be able to create an outstanding blog, you must write content that is great, well researched and positioned towards achieving a particular objective.

You don’t want to write content for writing sake right? So before you get started, ask yourself, based on my 4WH, what’s the objective of this content? What do I want to achieve with this?

This will help you measure the impact of the content at the end of the day. And with this, you will understand if the content has achieved it’s aim or not.

From there if it’s not attained it’s objectives, you can decide the next line of action to take. Whether to tweak or make it better next time.

[b]4. Write content.
Yes. This is the second sub heading I’m writing about contents. To really show you how important it is…

You have to write good contents for your readers.

Study your audience. Understand the kind of content they like depending on your 4WH up there.

Depending on your purpose, some content will need to be small like 500 words text contents for instance or a 5 minutes video.

Some contents might have to be larger too. Like 2-5000 words text, 30 minutes video etc.

What’s going to determine the length of your content will be the purpose of the content.

That’s why for instance if you’re writing a tutorial on how to publish on amazon for instance it might have to be far more than 1000 words etc. Compared to writing a summary about the latest accident in your neighborhood.

So understand your audience and write content that will meet their needs.

5. Promote: This is called shipping. [/b]Ship your content to where your audience are gathered. Get it away from your blog.

Get it to your fb page, twitter handle, instagram, YouTube etc.
These platforms helps you expand the reach of your contents.

When you’re sharing your contents on social media, you’ll want to organize it in a way that will attract your readers to click on the links and read on your blog.

Try to avoid the mistake of sharing empty links and hoping people will just click and read your blog. Most newbies make this mistakes. This will make people see you as being spammy.

[b]6. Sell: Yes. This is the Golden Egg of blogging and content marketing, selling.

So you should be able to have something people can buy from you as a blogger.

Now this doesn’t mean you should start selling as soon as you start blogging. Many people make this mistake. And then it becomes a good turnoff to most readers.

So as a new blogger, what you’ll want to do first of all is to build an audience. Give them some good free stuff for a while. Then sell them your stuff after your blog has gained a reasonable traffic and readers.

Your products here can be physical items or digital products or even other people’s products you sell for commissions.

Just get them ready and get set to sell when you’ve created some good ripples with your blog.
[url]
This is all we got for now[/url].

PS: Remember your 4WH will also help you decide on your branding and most other things about your blog and digital business.

Got any questions? Ask me!
http://www.victorwinners.com/2018/03/24/6-most-important-blogging-tips-for-new-bloggers/

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by BiggerbossAmani(m): 6:58am On May 05, 2018
Do you build blogs without money, Stop ✋✋ Feeding us with story
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by inoki247: 7:00am On May 05, 2018
No b evribodi wey go School lo mo we.... no b evribodi wey geh blogs go geh moni... Blogs sef don plenty pass visitors....

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by moneyadulttube: 7:00am On May 05, 2018
Writing content is time consuming and can really become a hard job for some guys. If you are someone that don't like writing articles you can still make passive income online by having an adult tube website. Check my signature for more info.
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Openatyn(m): 7:01am On May 05, 2018
[quote author=BiggerbossAmani post=67293846]Do you build blogs without money, Stop ✋✋ Feeding us with story [/quote
Guy blod a blog is free ]

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Headlesschicken(m): 7:02am On May 05, 2018
undecided So after this yuh long lesson u still wanna sell yuh materials....? Ndi mmadu sef...

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by propanet(m): 7:02am On May 05, 2018
Getting a unique content these days is almost impossible because almost every topic out there has been touched and trying to look unique might make you look weird and odd.

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by kolawoleibukun: 7:03am On May 05, 2018
money no day blog again oh. Nigerians don saturate the place.
anywhere nigerians enter na scatter dem go scatter the market. The thing be like ordinary pure water business now.

The thing be say I think Buhari statement in the US was right. Bloggers no just reason am well.

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:20am On May 05, 2018
Thanks OP
Have gotten home some facts from this piece today

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by SConnect: 7:41am On May 05, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Alejoc(m): 7:43am On May 05, 2018
Be original!

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Mobsync(m): 7:55am On May 05, 2018
The biggest advise you need is this: Don't go into blogging broke.

The days of getting free traffic is long over. These days, you need to spend money on ads, SEO and premium tools.

You also need money to maintain yourself so you do not have to depend on the blog.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by theysg: 7:58am On May 05, 2018
Make sense

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Doerstech(m): 8:18am On May 05, 2018
Good points

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2018
Vickwinners:

But...

Sometimes, starting out as a new blogger is you find out the task is not only a bit overwhelming sometimes you can become really confused considering the myriads of information you’ll have to deal with for a start.
[url]
In this post, which is my answer to questions from readers an[/url]d other new bloggers, I have listed out 6 of the most important tips for new and old bloggers that will help you create a wildly successful blog..

With these tips, you should get a head start on your way to creating a wildly successful blog.

Know your audience.
Write content.
Write content.
Promote.
Sell.

Okay. So… So. Many people been asking like Victor what’s the best blogging tips for new bloggers.

Now I will try to answer this briefly in this post. The number one tip I will give any new blogger is this…

1. Know your 4WH.

It’s like asking yourself, What do I really want to do? Or achieve with this stuff I'm doing?

This answer helps you understand your motive and then streamline your actions towards achieving it.

So for instance if my motive is to blog so I can make money blogging. I will just write it down. Then ask myself, why do I really want to do this?

This leads us to the second W: Why? Your why is your purpose. It’s what is going to stir you when you feel like quitting.

Many people give up on blogging and other digital business too soon because they don’t really understand their why.

We’re not going to let this happen that’s why you’re going to really ask yourself, what’s the purpose behind my blogging.

If it’s all about making money online so you can further your studies or get better accommodation for your family, you have to write it down.

The next thing is When: This talks about the timeline for achieving the objective of your blogging.

Here you ask yourself, with my level of knowledge for instance, at what time can I comfortably achieve this?

You don’t have to tie yourself to any time. All you need do is create a powerful timeline that will keep you committed to reaching the goal.

After that we’ll talk about the fourth “W” Where: this helps you understand where the majority of your effort will be focused.

As you already know, blogging is done online so understanding this helps you put in place the necessary software and hardware appliances that will help you operate from online.

So for instance you will get your tablets, smartphone and laptops ready. Plan when you should use alternatives like public computers, business centres when necessary etc.

Then the very last component is the “H“: H stands for How. It answers the question, how am I going to really achieve these blogging objectives?

This is where you’ll set up a blogging schedule. Like for instance, schedules days and hours you’ll write, days you will promote across social media, other blogs and platforms, Days you will finally sell etc.

Affix a target expectation to each of those activities. So for instance if I promote my blog across social media for this number of times within this week, I should be able to reach this number of people.

Or if I do this consistently at so and so time, I will have that. This briefly explains how you will achieve the laid down goals.

And you should write this down. Improve on it where necessary. And make sure you follow it every single time you’re engaging in any of your blogging activities.

[b]2. Know your audience. [/b]OK now the next thing to do is getting to know your audience.

Depending on your goal set out in H1, you should be able to know which audience will help you achieve this goal.

So let’s say you’re trying to become a professional blogging coach for instance, you will want to target website owners, small businesses and other blogging enthusiasts with your posts.

Same thing for someone planning to make money blogging through advertising. You will want to create posts that will bring in your target audience to your blog.

3. Write contents. Y[/b]es. And for the non initiates, content is your blog updated. Be it videos, podcast, graphics etc, whatever you will be updating on your blog that’s content.

So to be able to create an outstanding blog, you must write content that is great, well researched and positioned towards achieving a particular objective.

You don’t want to write content for writing sake right? So before you get started, ask yourself, based on my 4WH, what’s the objective of this content? What do I want to achieve with this?

This will help you measure the impact of the content at the end of the day. And with this, you will understand if the content has achieved it’s aim or not.

From there if it’s not attained it’s objectives, you can decide the next line of action to take. Whether to tweak or make it better next time.

[b]4. Write content.
Yes. This is the second sub heading I’m writing about contents. To really show you how important it is…

Study your audience. Understand the kind of content they like depending on your 4WH up there.

Depending on your purpose, some content will need to be small like 500 words text contents for instance or a 5 minutes video.

Some contents might have to be larger too. Like 2-5000 words text, 30 minutes video etc.

What’s going to determine the length of your content will be the purpose of the content.

That’s why for instance if you’re writing a tutorial on how to publish on amazon for instance it might have to be far more than 1000 words etc. Compared to writing a summary about the latest accident in your neighborhood.

5. Promote: This is called shipping. [/b]Ship your content to where your audience are gathered. Get it away from your blog.

When you’re sharing your contents on social media, you’ll want to organize it in a way that will attract your readers to click on the links and read on your blog.

Try to avoid the mistake of sharing empty links and hoping people will just click and read your blog. Most newbies make this mistakes. This will make people see you as being spammy.

[b]6. Sell: Yes. This is the Golden Egg of blogging and content marketing, selling.

Now this doesn’t mean you should start selling as soon as you start blogging. Many people make this mistake. And then it becomes a good turnoff to most readers.

So as a new blogger, what you’ll want to do first of all is to build an audience. Give them some good free stuff for a while. Then sell them your stuff after your blog has gained a reasonable traffic and readers.

Your products here can be physical items or digital products or even other people’s products you sell for commissions.

Just get them ready and get set to sell when you’ve created some good ripples with your blog.
[url]

PS: Remember your 4WH will also help you decide on your branding and most other things about your blog and digital business.

http://www.victorwinners.com/2018/03/24/6-most-important-blogging-tips-for-new-bloggers/

NICE SHARE!

More fresh palmwine in your calabash!

May God put something in your Kpangolo!

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by FxBase(m): 9:16am On May 05, 2018
This is great insight into blogging. Thank you.

Permit me to say, I have tried setting up mine blog, even a website in the past but got frustrated due to lack of know how.

My intension is to setup for earning through various affiliate marketing. I wouldn't know if you can be of assistance +training.

Won't mind to have your email for a better discussion on necessary commitments. Below is my email:

cnfbay@gmail.com

Thanks.l

Vickwinners:

But...

[url]
In this post, which is my answer to questions from readers an[/url]d other new

[quote author=Vickwinners post=67283822]The dream of every blogger is to build a wildly successful blog.

But...

[url]

Know your audience.
Write content.
Write content.
Promote.
Sell.

1. Know your 4WH.

[b]4. Write content.

[url]

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by tiwasiaife(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2018
Mobsync:

The days of getting free traffic is long over. These days, you need to spend money on ads, SEO and premium tools.

You also need money to maintain yourself so you do not have to depend on the blog.
wats add and SEo
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Mobsync(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2018
tiwasiaife:
wats add and SEo

Ads means advertisement. Online advertisement in this case.

SEO means Search Engine Optimization. This is what allows your blog rank higher in Google, Bing, Yahoo etc searches.
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 11:05am On May 05, 2018
Alright bro.
You can send me a mail at askvictorwinners@gmail .com and I'll reach out to you.

FxBase:

This is great insight into blogging. Thank you.

Permit me to say, I have tried setting up mine blog, even a website in the past but got frustrated due to lack of know how.

My intension is to setup for earning through various affiliate marketing. I wouldn't know if you can be of assistance +training.

Won't mind to have your email for a better discussion on necessary commitments. Below is my email:

cnfbay@gmail.com

Thanks.l

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 11:20am On May 05, 2018
You're right bro.
Just like every other business, as a new blogger it might take a little bit of time to generate huge income from your blog. So it's right one starts blogging as a part time business until the blog can scale to a certain level of income.

Away from that, using adverts is a good and faster way to get your blog out there for readers but an even better way is...
Creating top notch and consistent articles for your blog,
Sharing on your social media,
Leveraging platforms that will help you build backlinks like guest posting and sharing on platforms with high domain Authority then finally,
Using the right keywords and being able to optimize your blog for the search engine.

These steps will help any newbie without much advertising dollars to spend around. And it will also help such person generate a decent amount of organic traffic which is always the most ideal kind of traffic.

tiwasiaife:
wats add and SEo

2 Likes

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 11:23am On May 05, 2018
Lols. It depends on what you're doing with your blog and how you're doing it.

inoki247:
No b evribodi wey go School lo mo we.... no b evribodi wey geh blogs go geh moni... Blogs sef don plenty pass visitors....
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 11:38am On May 05, 2018
Lols. You're right bro.

For people like us, we started blogging as broke folks. (Although I won't advice anyone to start blogging and expect to start making money immediately. That's a very wrong mindset and I see this everyday here in Nigeria).

When we started, we didn't have people to tell us any thing like it takes some time to build certain things without much cash. But we had passion for what we were doing. And we used certain principles that when combined with our passion compensated for some of the things we didn't have.

Just like every other business, as a new blogger it might take a little bit of time (and I'm being generous here) to generate huge income from your blog. Like there's no magic wand. So it's right one starts blogging as a part time business until the blog can scale to a certain level of income.

Also, there are certain strategies that will help a new blogger scale his blog much faster but these too will depend on certain things like the niche for instance and the sacrifices he's willing to make.

Away from that, using adverts is a good and faster way to get your blog out there for readers but an even better way is...
Leveraging platforms that will help you build backlinks like guest posting and sharing on platforms with high domain Authority then finally,
Using the right keywords and being able to optimize your blog for the search engine.

These steps will help any newbie without much advertising dollars to spend around. And it will also help such person generate a decent amount of organic traffic which is always the most ideal kind of traffic.

Mobsync:

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 11:45am On May 05, 2018
Lols. Brother it depends sha. There are still bloggers with pedigree.
And besides our copy and paste nation, there are still some people getting it right.

Thing is, blogging is work. I mean serious business but so many people are not ready to see it that way. Many are interested in taking shortcuts. And this is what you get when things like that happens.

But like I said earlier, there are people doing great stuff with their blogs here in this Nigeria. And I feel when compared to places like India, Nigerian blogosphere is not yet saturated. There are so many niches lying underutilized.

kolawoleibukun:
money no day blog again oh. Nigerians don saturate the place.
anywhere nigerians enter na scatter dem go scatter the market. The thing be like ordinary pure water business now.

The thing be say I think Buhari statement in the US was right. Bloggers no just reason am well.
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Vickwinners: 11:52am On May 05, 2018
Lols I can understand.

But in any case, adding your own distinct perspective to the stuff you blog about will really help in defining you and your blogging brand.

Heard about content curation before? Sites as big as Huffpost, Forbes, Neil Patel you name them. These guys engage in it. And then documentary blogging? Check out Gary Vaynerchuck, Seth Godin etc.

There are still many ways to sift out the noise and give your audience something remarkable to read. But all na work sha. Because you will have work if you must stand out.

propanet:
Getting a unique content these days is almost impossible because almost every topic out there has been touched and trying to look unique might make you look weird and odd.
Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by WomenTrainer: 11:57am On May 05, 2018
Originality is the secret of my own blog www.WomenTrainer.

Sometimes a look at your blog stats might make you realize where you audience is and ultimately make you tailor your posts to satisfy them.

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by Mobsync(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2018
Vickwinners:
Lols. You're right bro.

For people like us, we started blogging as broke folks. (Although I won't advice anyone to start blogging and expect to start making money immediately. That's a very wrong mindset and I see this everyday here in Nigeria).

When we started, we didn't have people to tell us any thing like it takes some time to build certain things without much cash. But we had passion for what we were doing. And we used certain principles that when combined with our passion compensated for some of the things we didn't have.

Just like every other business, as a new blogger it might take a little bit of time (and I'm being generous here) to generate huge income from your blog. Like there's no magic wand. So it's right one starts blogging as a part time business until the blog can scale to a certain level of income.

Also, there are certain strategies that will help a new blogger scale his blog much faster but these too will depend on certain things like the niche for instance and the sacrifices he's willing to make.

Well said! Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria by yusluvad(m): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2019
Apt!

(1) (Reply)

Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain / 4 Best Mobile Advertising Networks For Nigerian Publishers / SEO Tips For Optimizing Your Local Google My Business Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.