Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Queen Eragon's Diary. - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Queen Eragon's Diary. (9860 Views)

Eragon Is A Month Older Today. Help Rate Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by 14teenK: 10:05pm On May 11, 2018
phunkypalace:

Lol....GSD my foot
you seem to have a problem with your ego, we know you got your dogs from grandiose,you been screaming it into our ears all morning. that's the height of a narcissistic behavior I have seen in a long while.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2018
Noted, quoted and disregarded cheesy
Have a nice night

phunkypalace:

Lol....GSD my foot
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by donshaize(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2018
14teenK:
you seem to have a problem with your ego, we know you got your dogs from grandiose,you been screaming it into our ears all morning. that's the height of a narcissistic behavior I have seen in a long while.
i swr the guy get problem
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 10:49pm On May 11, 2018
Help me ask him oo wink

donshaize:
bros your wahala 2much you're all over n.l condemning people's dog
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by vincentjk(m): 11:46pm On May 11, 2018
14teenK:

His behavior makes me really wonder o, we all know he's a matured man and deserves some respect so does everyone deserve some respect too. So why going from thread to thread underating people's dog? Imagine he bumped into my thread telling me my boerboel is not registered with the BDBAN and condemned the breeding immediately
He wants people to acquire pedigree gsd but not everyone would afford it, he's just a rude man and deserve to be neglected

5 Likes

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Jungpablo: 6:50am On May 12, 2018
phunkypalace:

Lol....GSD my foot

this yur hand shake dor dey reach elbow

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Jungpablo: 6:53am On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

His behavior makes me really wonder o, we all know he's a matured man and deserves some respect so does everyone deserve some respect too. So why going from thread to thread underating people's dog? Imagine he bumped into my thread telling me my boerboel is not registered with the BDBAN and condemned the breeding immediately
He wants people to acquire pedigree gsd but not everyone would afford it, he's just a rude man and deserve to be neglected

yu are right some people forget that all fingers around not equal, everybody wants a Good pedigree dog but not everybody can afford them so they make do with what they can afford and since he got his GSD is from rim grandiose we no go hear word again

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2018
That's my point
Irrespective of whatever breed is pure or not, these are pets they all deserve some love from us even the ekuke in our locality.

Now not all pocket are heavy to get a registered dog. Moreover it seems like too much of paparazzi to be here and there shouting pedigree.

If you are too in for Pedigree, then you are just like our Politicians who we voted for to help the nation reach it peak Buh are only concern about the money to be made off the people.
Fine if you have a pedigree dog, congrats but don't kill people cos you can afford such.

Moreover we all deserves some love, even the pet irrespective of black, white, mix breed, Purebreed or Pedigree.

Only if we all see the world from this spot can the world become a better place.

Thanks
Bonjour Tulemonde from Johnson and Eragon
smiley

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 9:33am On May 12, 2018
14teenK:

Oh I didn't know I offended you too. Have we even discussed on anything before? If my ego is a problem for you, why not logout and disregard my comments. He has a problem with me because I'm stating where I got my dogs from. Mtcheww.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 9:35am On May 12, 2018
donshaize:
bros your wahala 2much you're all over n.l condemning people's dog

I am not condemning people's dog's, I'm only saying don't call your dogs what's it's not. I wanna believe people can either back me or be against me if they have a proof. I have proofs to show that dog is not a GSD, if you think I'm wrong, show your proof. We all have internet, make your research and see if what I'm saying is true or not. QED
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by 14teenK: 9:50am On May 12, 2018
phunkypalace:

Oh I didn't know I offended you too. Have we even discussed on anything before? If my ego is a problem for you, why not logout and disregard my comments. He has a problem with me because I'm stating where I got my dogs from. Mtcheww.
I don't have a problem with you, am not the type to come around bragging online,you obviously on the other hand do have a serious problem with your Ego and character. And lastly, a lot of people still keep dogs for fun,company and the bonds we share with them.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 12:55pm On May 26, 2018
Eragon Today.

Still working on her diet mixture.
Your Advice is needed pls.

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 2:56pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

According to the breed standard of the GSD, if these are the parents, they are not even pure GSD's. Sorry to say, no harm intended. These dogs are mutts.
Sorry to say, no harm intended, breed standard does not determine purity or otherwise of any canine breed.

Breed standard is merely a set of guidelines, which can change overtime mind you, that a dog must meet for it to qualify for breeding purposes.

One can have pups that meet the breed standard and others that don't in same litter from purebred parents. For instance a solid white coloured pup from a litter of purebred GSD's, at the moment, does not meet the breed standard. This is currently considered a fault in the breed and the recommendation is that dog should not be bred. This, however, does not mean that the breed standard may not change in the future. The white pup is surely a GSD, purebred like its litter mates, but still does not meet the breed standard.

Purity is mainly determined by ancestry and genes, not necessarily morphological appearance.

3 Likes

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 4:14pm On May 26, 2018
Rany4all:
Sorry to say, no harm intended, breed standard does not determine purity or otherwise of any canine breed.

Breed standard is merely a set of guidelines, which can change overtime mind you, that a dog must meet for it to qualify for breeding purposes.

One can have pups that meet the breed standard and others that don't in same litter from purebred parents. For instance a solid white coloured pup from a litter of purebred GSD's, at the moment, does not meet the breed standard. This is currently considered a fault in the breed and the recommendation is that dog should not be bred. This, however, does not mean that the breed standard may not change in the future. The white pup is surely a GSD, purebred like its litter mates, but still does not meet the breed standard.

Purity is mainly determined by ancestry and genes, not necessarily morphological appearance.

Honestly you tried, but at the end you tied the rope to your leg yourself.

"Breed standard is merely a set of guidelines, which can change overtime mind you, that a dog must meet for it to qualify for breeding purposes.".....your words. But looking at what you, said it shows you wrong. According to the FCI and the AKC, breed standard are not meant for the dog to qualify for breeding purposes alone, they are guide lines every so called breeder must work with to maintain that specific breed of dog you are into. If any fault comes up like you said, the pup is advised not to be bred with because it does not conform to the breed standard and as such is not pure. Breeding with it would only cause further damages. This is because breeding must continue to still have these specific breed so they won't go into extinction. So definitely to me you wrong with that statement. Take for example the GSD, that is my area and I'll explain to it to you. The German working lines are the perfect example of a GSD according to the breed standard Max Von Stephanitz the founder of the GSD laid down as at then and even conform to the present breed standard, no faults whatsoever, yet it is advised not to breed with them because they are working dogs. What would you say to that?
The breed standard changed overtime like you said and we have so many GSD out there now that are different from what he bred at his time. They are out there because they all conform to the new breed standard.
Conformation to the breed standard definitely shows purity because the breed standard is what defines if the dog is pure or not. If it's not that, then the old white GSD wouldn't have been blotted out. The old white GSD now called White Shepherds conformed to the breed standard of Max Von Stephanitz because he said the colour of a dog has nothing to do as long as it portrays the ability to work.
So if the pup in the same litter does not meet up with the breed standard, what do you call it?
Pure or impure?......fine it was bred purely but it came out impure. I've seen it happen too. But if it is pure, nothing would have stopped any breeder from breeding again with the said dog.

Purity is mainly determined by ancestry and genes, not necessarily morphological appearance.-your last line,
I'll bodly tell you a faulty recessive gene in the line of ancestry can definitely make a puppy not conform to the breed standard and that automatically has make that dog impure.

Lastly i guess you should check the parents of the said puppy yourself and make a judgement to it yourself. Check what they look like.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2018
vincentjk:

Honestly i don't know how this escaped my eyes and i didn't defend myself. You called me a rude man, may i remind you I haven't used an offensive word against anybody here, so I'd like to know who is disrespecting who.

Secondly I remember vividly i didn't say a damn word about your Boerboel, i only addressed you calling your aunt a breeder and that what she does is a not a definition of a breeder. So why tell lies against me. You can defend yourself like I have done now.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by OtunbaBlack(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2018
I think the issue is not whether or not his dog is a gsd.. his dog might be a gsd but just a different breed.. I have a full breed Targaryen boerbull it does not qualify my bull as a full boerbull ... is gsd might just be a different type of gsd ... that said it all comes down to love .. there was a time I own a local dog and d dog meant the world to me .. so bro keep doing you she’s looking good between .. what do you feed her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 4:40pm On May 26, 2018
johnnyn1:
That's my point
Irrespective of whatever breed is pure or not, these are pets they all deserve some love from us even the ekuke in our locality.

Now not all pocket are heavy to get a registered dog. Moreover it seems like too much of paparazzi to be here and there shouting pedigree.

If you are too in for Pedigree, then you are just like our Politicians who we voted for to help the nation reach it peak Buh are only concern about the money to be made off the people.
Fine if you have a pedigree dog, congrats but don't kill people cos you can afford such.

Moreover we all deserves some love, even the pet irrespective of black, white, mix breed, Purebreed or Pedigree.

Only if we all see the world from this spot can the world become a better place.

Thanks
Bonjour Tulemonde from Johnson and Eragon
smiley

You made a fantastic comment bro, and i really appreciate this. My problem with these people is to stop calling the dog what it's not, I ain't saying people shouldn't have pets, but this dog in question is not what it is called. The next thing you'll discover is that she'll be bred soon and what do you think starts happening to the offspring?
She is good for a pet honestly, but in terms of breeding, it's F9.

Richard Branson said something, “Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That’s always been my philosophy of business. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing.”

The money will definitely come but it's not my sole reason. So please don't compare me with the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2018
OtunbaBlack:
I think the issue is not whether or not his dog is a gsd.. his dog might be a gsd but just a different breed.. I have a full breed Targaryen boerbull it does not qualify my bull as a full boerbull ... is gsd might just be a different type of gsd ... that said it all comes down to love .. there was a time I own a local dog and d dog meant the world to me .. so bro keep doing you she’s looking good between .. what do you feed her?

I have been tagged a bad person because i said the dog is not a GSD. I wanna believe we all are educated, we have the internet with us and can definitely make a research. I made a challenge to them all to prove me wrong about this dog by using every available resources they can use, so far i have read nothing except the fact that i said the dog is not a Gsd, I am criticizing.

I can bodly tell you bro that this dog doesn't match any line of GSD. I have my proofs we can discuss in private if you'll like.
The main reason why i am against this dog is because very soon the said owner will have this dog bred thinking it's a GSD and as such the bastardizing of the breed continues. Africans hate the truth especially when you say it to their present circumstances.

This dog is good for pet, might likely be good for security, but it's very bad for breeding. But nobody wanna listen, everybody wanna makes money. That is the exact problem.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 4:57pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

Honestly you tried, but at the end you tied the rope to your leg yourself.

"Breed standard is merely a set of guidelines, which can change overtime mind you, that a dog must meet for it to qualify for breeding purposes.".....your words. But looking at what you, said it shows you wrong. According to the FCI and the AKC, breed standard are not meant for the dog to qualify for breeding purposes alone, they are guide lines every so called breeder must work with to maintain that specific breed of dog you are into. If any fault comes up like you said, the pup is advised not to be bred with because it does not conform to the breed standard and as such is not pure. Breeding with it would only cause further damages. This is because breeding must continue to still have these specific breed so they won't go into extinction. So definitely to me you wrong with that statement. Take for example the GSD, that is my area and I'll explain to it to you. The German working lines are the perfect example of a GSD according to the breed standard Max Von Stephanitz the founder of the GSD laid down as at then and even conform to the present breed standard, no faults whatsoever, yet it is advised not to breed with them because they are working dogs. What would you say to that?
The breed standard changed overtime like you said and we have so many GSD out there now that are different from what he bred at his time. They are out there because they all conform to the new breed standard.
Conformation to the breed standard definitely shows purity because the breed standard is what defines if the dog is pure or not. If it's not that, then the old white GSD wouldn't have been blotted out. The old white GSD now called White Shepherds conformed to the breed standard of Max Von Stephanitz because he said the colour of a dog has nothing to do as long as it portrays the ability to work.
So if the pup in the same litter does not meet up with the breed standard, what do you call it?
Pure or impure?......fine it was bred purely but it came out impure. I've seen it happen too. But if it is pure, nothing would have stopped any breeder from breeding again with the said dog.

Purity is mainly determined by ancestry and genes, not necessarily morphological appearance.-your last line,
I'll bodly tell you a faulty recessive gene in the line of ancestry can definitely make a puppy not conform to the breed standard and that automatically has make that dog impure.

Lastly i guess you should check the parents of the said puppy yourself and make a judgement to it yourself. Check what they look like.
I don't need to look @ the puppy, because it is totally wrong to judge a dog's purity by just the way the dog looks.

The fact that a dog appears non-conformational to the breed standard today does not mean it will remain so tomorrow and does not make that dog impure. Do you realise breed standard for any canine breed can vary from one country to another or one kennel club to another?

My point is purity cannot be determined by physical appearance alone.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2018
Thank @Otunbablack for your encouragement.
Regarding her feeding I feed her with fish, meat,noodles and egg. Etc
I'm yet to get the best diet to help her maximize herself.
Oh menh her Strength is increasing daily..

OtunbaBlack:
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 5:04pm On May 26, 2018
Rany4all:
I don't need to look @ the puppy, because it is totally wrong to judge a dog's purity by just the way the dog looks.

The fact that a dog appears non-conformational to the breed standard today does not mean it will remain so tomorrow and does not make that dog impure. Do you realise breed standard for any canine breed can vary from one country to another or one kennel club to another?

My point is purity cannot be determined by physical appearance alone.

Wow you right bro, about judging a dog merely by it looks. But there are exceptional cases and this one is just one of them.

But at the same Boerboels are judged by mere looks during appraisal. What do you say to that?

Do you realise breed standard for any canine breed can vary from one country to another or one kennel club to another?

That is why i stick with the breed standard of the FCI.....though i don't really agree with you on that.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2018
See meaning of 'purebred dog' below...nothing to do with appearance...

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by OtunbaBlack(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2018
johnnyn1:
Thank @Otunbablack for your encouragement.
Regarding her feeding I feed her with fish, meat,noodles and egg. Etc
I'm yet to get the best diet to help her maximize herself.
Oh menh her Strength is increasing daily..

Nice mine is pregnant age definitely as refused to eat any food that does not have fish in it ...

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2018
Kindly read highlighted below

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2018
Like I said, it is all about ancestry and genes...

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2018
Rany4all:
Like I said, it is all about ancestry and genes...

Smiling......you are right then. I succumb.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2018
This one is about breed standard varying from club to club and country to country...

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 5:28pm On May 26, 2018
Rany4all:
This one is about breed standard varying from club to club and country to country...

It says may, that is a conditional statement. I fail to agree still. I go with FCI all the same, they cover all Kennel clubs.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:31pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

Smiling......you are right then. I succumb.
Thumbs up bro...it takes some level of courage and strong character to recognize superior argument...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

It says may, that is a conditional statement. I fail to agree still. I go with FCI all the same, they cover all Kennel clubs.
That statement just means breed standard is very subjective. What one club or country considers as standard may actually be a fault in another club or country...

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2018
Another side to breed standard is that it also considers the temperament of the dog, not just looks alone...so a dog may actially conform physically, but not temperamentally...so would you say such a dog is pure or impure?

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Eveezy(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2018
Hmm, Ontop meet Eragon, una no want make my guy enjoy this him thread, op Abeg, for 9ja standard, ur Gsd is OK, although not a pure breed. overtime Nigeria has gotten their own standard for straight back(working line) even if e no the real standard for Gsd, so d dog is Ok.
But for general standard, AKC, FCI ND some odaz, it's nt up to standard. Just enjoy ur pup

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wonders Shall Never End! See Woman With The Biggest Pussy. Pics. / My Boy (kongo) ! / Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.