Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. (9927 Views)

Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Photo Of A LION In The Old Jos Zoo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 4:18am On Jun 01, 2016
Animals, no matter how tame or domesticated they may seem are still animals and just like the Steppenwolf song that goes “like a true nature’s child we were born, born to be wild”, animals are, yes, born to be wild. When they are agitated, hungry, or scared they go back to the very essence of what makes them animals the animal instinct, the instinct to survive no matter the cost. Here we have a list of animals mauling people accidentally or due to their stupidity.

Zoo goers, lovers beware..

Source: http://www.oddee.com/item_99349.aspx
http://m.ranker.com/list/13-of-the-best-idiots-climbing-the-wall-at-the-zoo/danielle-dauenhauer?utm_expid=16418821-206.qqd6KcpISOyIS-FzbREnFw.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3FclientAction%3D534.click%26hl%3Den%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26q%3Ddeadliest%2Bzoo%2Baccident

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 4:21am On Jun 01, 2016
1. The film editor who was killed by a lioness while on safari in Africa.

Katherine Chappell, a special effects editor on Game Of Thrones, was killed by a lion while on safari in South Africa. She was just 29 years old. Chappell was in South Africa to raise money for a charitable organization but was killed during a ride through a safari park. As she tried to take photos, a lion jumped through an open window and killed her.The tour guide, Pierre Potgieter, is opening up about the horrific accident and insists that he and Katherine were not driving with the windows down. Rather, she rolled hers down at the last minute to take a photograph when the lion attacked. “The tourist had a camera and, of her own accord, rolled down the passenger window to take photographs. A lion then attacked the tourist through the open window,” Mrs. Potgieter, Pierre's wife, said. “Mr. Potgieter tried to fend the lioness off and in the process sustained injuries to the arm.” When the lion finally backed off, Pierre tried to stop Katherine's profuse bleeding, but it was too late she passed away while paramedics were treating her. Pierre reportedly suffered a heart attack during or after the scary ordeal.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 4:26am On Jun 01, 2016
2. The drunk man who was killed after jumping into a tiger enclosure.

A man was killed by an endangered tiger after jumping into its moat at an Indian zoo. The 22 year old man, Maqsood, is said to have been under the influence of alcohol when he climbed into a white tiger enclosure in Dehli. Witnesses say he entered the area despite several attempts by zoo security to keep him away from the tigers. Once inside the enclosure, the tiger grabbed him by the neck, dragged him around as terrified onlookers began throwing sticks and stones at the animal to try to save him. Authorities eventually frightened the tiger into a smallcage. The man, whose body remained in the outdoor enclosure two hours after the attack, was dead by the time help reached him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by princefunmmy(m): 4:33am On Jun 01, 2016
Continue
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 4:35am On Jun 01, 2016
3. Kung Fu with Lion.

In 1989, 32-year-old Australian man Ellie Quo decided to seek out a martial arts matchup that would test his awesome new skills in Kung Fu. Told by his instructor that he had reached a level in his training where "you can kill wild animals with your bare hands," the misguided student decided to follow his instructor’s words to the letter and sought a fight with a lion at the Melbourne Zoo. In the middle of the night, he snuck into the zoo and in true ninja stealth style, scaled the lion enclosure and surveyed the pen to see which of the mighty warriors would die by his hands. Thing is, there were a whole lot of lions to choose from, and rather than let this one tiny scrap of human get in a single punch, they all ganged up on the guy and ripped him to shreds. Literally. The next morning, zoo keepers found Quo’s fists of fury and nothing more in the lions’ enclosure. In his cold, dead hands were tufts of red fur, proving that gingers in the animal kingdom do in fact have souls (because they eat them).

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by greatmarshall(m): 4:36am On Jun 01, 2016
Kwantinu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 4:46am On Jun 01, 2016
4. Polar bear attacks woman who climbed into zoo enclosure, Berlin.

she jumped from the wall into a moat and swam up to a group of polar bears willingly.
Onlookers say she even looked excited as she swam up to one of the behemoth bears. Yeah, so the polar bears mauled the hell out of her. In fact, afterward, she changed her mind and started shouting for someone toget her out the moat, the bears continued to pursue the intruder, tearing her from the rescue rings thrown by zookeepers to try and remove her to safety. She was eventually hoisted to safety and underwent surgery to repair the damage done by giant bear bites.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1169266/Pictured-Shocking-moment-polar-bear-attacks-woman-climbed-zoo-enclosure.html

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by agogoeyo3: 5:00am On Jun 01, 2016
Happy New Month Nairalanders and Happy
Birthday to me.....

10 Likes

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by enoqueen: 5:06am On Jun 01, 2016
It's OK.
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by naughtylagosguy(m): 5:08am On Jun 01, 2016
Beware of Animals.

1 Like

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 5:13am On Jun 01, 2016
agogoeyo3:
Happy New Month Nairalanders and Happy
Birthday to me.....

Happy new month and happy birthday to you, but you should have opened a thread because you re derailing this already.
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 5:19am On Jun 01, 2016
5. In February 2009, Travis, a male chimpanzee, brutally mauled his keeper’s friend, Charla Nash. The attack did major damage to Nash’s face causing her to lose her eyes and nose. She also lost her hands because of the attack. Travis was shot by Connecticut police when the incident took place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 5:21am On Jun 01, 2016
6. A stray leopard caused total panic when it wandered into an Indian village where it mauled 11 people. Six villagers, a policeman and four forest guards were injured by swipes from the leopard’s claws. Wildlife officials managed to take the beast down with tranquilizer darts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 5:31am On Jun 01, 2016
7. An elephant in the south Indian state of Kerala went berserk at a ceremonial festival, killing its trainer and severely injuring more than 20 onlookers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by tk4rd: 5:33am On Jun 01, 2016
The Chimp story got me

3 Likes

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by yungryce: 5:34am On Jun 01, 2016
hope there is a snake attack. cant wait to shout lala
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Cutehector(m): 5:47am On Jun 01, 2016
The Kung fu master made me laff my brains out grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by KEZDON(m): 5:49am On Jun 01, 2016
agogoeyo3:
Happy New Month Nairalanders and Happy Birthday to me.....
Happy Birthday To You Sweetheart, I wish u de very Best in Life. Merry.
least I forget, where is my Cake

1 Like

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by OlujobaSamuel: 6:10am On Jun 01, 2016
exploring this portion of the zoo, make I see the animal wey go show face.
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by ritababe(f): 6:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Explorers:
7. An elephant in the south Indian state of Kerala went berserk at a ceremonial festival, killing its trainer and severely injuring more than 20 onlookers.

this can never happen in naija

1 Like

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 01, 2016
hmmm...
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 6:17am On Jun 01, 2016
Cutehector:
The Kung fu master made me laff my brains out grin

When i saw it, started rolling on the floor. Someone was like; sile are you ok?"
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Oche211(m): 6:17am On Jun 01, 2016
Terrible nd scary tales. That kunfu ninja deserves to be flogged even in death. Who dears attempt to kunfu fight several lions.

1 Like

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Explorers(m): 6:27am On Jun 01, 2016
8. Zheng Dong was taking pictures of a bunch of macaque monkeys at the Fuzhou Zoo in China when one of the wily monkeys snatched his phone away. Zheng jumped the fence to retrieve the phone when three of the monkeys surrounded him and scratched at him until several zookeepers came to his rescue and removed him from the cage. While Dong made it out alive, his cell phone was chewed up beyond repair. Instead of thanking the zookeepers profusely for saving him from being eaten by a bunch of monkeys, he sought compensation from the zoo for a new phone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 01, 2016
Shocking Indeed!

1 Like

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by freeDR(m): 7:27am On Jun 01, 2016
Explorers:
8. Zheng Dong was taking pictures of a bunch of macaque monkeys at the Fuzhou Zoo in China when one of the wily monkeys snatched his phone away. Zheng jumped the fence to retrieve the phone when three of the monkeys surrounded him and scratched at him until several zookeepers came to his rescue and removed him from the cage. While Dong made it out alive, his cell phone was chewed up beyond repair. Instead of thanking the zookeepers profusely for saving him from being eaten by a bunch of monkeys, he sought compensation from the zoo for a new phone.
Foolish man grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Funjosh(m): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2016
Explorers:

Hahahahaha........ I no blame am, I blame the zookeeper that safe him from the hand of those hungry monkeys grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by braithwaite(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2016
cheesy

Zheng dong foolishness no be here..

maqsood own Na influence.. but which kine ogogoro em take..?

Ellie quo foolishness deserve national award.. bruce-lee or jet li no fi try am..

Ah trust mi naija ppl..the way,wey them go take give em distance eh,

Remember in 2009 when we visit yankari game reserve in bauchi.. upon sey we dey inside vehicle locked down.. con see as ladies dey pee for pant.. talkless goin near them

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by armadeo(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2016
Lol.

If you check the stories they are all Caucasians. No black man would try it.

Though I heard of one dude who jumped into the lions den in ibadan long time ago claiming to be Daniel.

Well the angels didn't shut those lions mouths.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Donkaz(m): 8:18am On Jun 01, 2016
following like kilode .
explorers carry go
Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by Donkaz(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2016
following like kilode .
explorers carry go

1 Like

Re: Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. by blessedvisky(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2016
Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End Time!!! The New ‘human-dog’, A Cross Breeding Between Humans & Dogs (see Pho / Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) / How Do I Eradicate My Phobia For Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.