Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,064 members, 7,828,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

From My Blog: Success Academy - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / From My Blog: Success Academy (612 Views)

Ren Money Academy / Workforce Academy Aptitude Test / Pls Help Dangote Academy Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From My Blog: Success Academy by benabbey(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2010
It is a new day and you are welcome to another opportunity, a new and fresh capital of Twenty four hours has just being handed over to your hand. Looking from my Window I can see so many activities going on. While some are busy talking and arguing over the Newspapers vendor enjoying their own fare share of the day. Some are busy with transport Business calling passenger to come in to various destination such as Yaba, Oshodi, Ikeja, Iyana Ipaja, Obalande CMS etc. So many people are flocking out to go to their place of work. In all you do make sure you are not wasting your time. Make sure you are enjoying your self. Remember you can not bring yesterday back, it is filed away.

I will like to welcome our newest student to the class in person of Felix, by now he should have received two e books complete work of Ralph Waldo Emerson and a summary of the book by my dear friend Brian Johnson of the www.philosophersnotes.com. As I said in the mail sent to him, Self Reliance essay we are studying is on page 52 of the book. The essay is a must read for all. There is hardly any American author that will not quote Emerson.

Back to the business of the day Emerson is still guiding us on our journey of Self Reliance:

"God will not have his work made manifest by cowards".

Cowards!!! are you one? In all of us is this monster pulling us back from trying great thing, from living our dream. It is this monster that keep us perpetually on a job though killing us, but we fear if our dream does not work. Who will foot the bills. We have forgotten that the present job we are dying to hold unto was a dream of somebody who dare to bring their dream to reality. So many dream are dead and buried because of this monster. I will advise you never let your dream die, bring it out. Even if it does not work there is no crime. You will be pardon for a failure, but you will be disciplined for non trying at all, remember the parable of the talent in the scripture.

God cannot stand a coward. When commissioning Joshua the only instruction giving to him is to be strong and courageous. The instruction was repeated severally. Nobody is born with courage neither were your born with cowardice. But over time due to influence here and there, training majorly done by fear we have being molded by society to fear their fear to respect their taboo.

Friends be bold enough to leave without fear of future. Bring out your brain child your idea, cloth your thought with flesh. Don't let your idea die with you let them see the light of the day.

It has being your teacher Ben. Remember we are reading Emerson Essay Self Reliance the whole ebook is available free of charge at

benabbey2010@gmail.com

At the Core of Freedom is Self Reliance

Good morning friends, how was your night, hope you had a nice one like I did. If you have not requested for your Essay of Ralph Waldo Emerson our main text on Self Reliance please do so.

It is available free of charge at benabbey2010@gmail.com

To understand why you need to rely on yourself and not on your Uncle, Brother, Sister, Government, Church, Mosque you need to read the essays of Emerson.

In a conventional school you normally start with definition, what is? Advantage and all sort but here it will not be so. Normally there is no school that teaches you to rely on yourself for your survival.

The core of the curriculum of the conventional school only teaches you to rely on corporation, to rely on government and individuals. Here it will not be so, because if there is a failure of the entity you relied on automatically you are a failure. If Government fails like Greece government is failing all the citizen that relied on their government fails. If corporation fails as they often do, due to mismanagement all the staff also fails and don't forget that management failure is noticeable with the sack of the junior staffs.

When Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental Bank failed the staff got the axe. Friends you cannot afford to leave your life management at the disposal of external forces. You must be responsible for your life.

The core of true freedom is Self Reliant. Let us go to Emerson to guide us

"There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried".

You must learn to rely solely on yourself, on your ability, on your ingenuity. You must learn to tap into yourself the power within you is new in nature and it is only you that can bring it out. Friends you are fearfully and wonderfully made. you are a poet, an author, a musician, a footballer, a Doctor, a Philosopher a teacher like me I can see Handel in you, I can see Michael Angelo in you, I can see Chief Obafemi Awolowo in you. I can see Steve Job in you, I can see Michael Jordan In you, I can see Chief M K O Abiola in you, I can see greatness in you, it is in you bring it out. Don't die in Portiphars house you belong to the palace. Stop imitating your friends who go to school, graduate serve Nigeria and look for job like everybody does. Stop it, you are different. Create a job, employ yourself employ others. Turn things around. You can allow greatness to die withing you or you can bring it out for the world to see.

'No kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till'

Though, you are loaded with good and greatness you must learn to TOIL, work hard on yourself at refining the the talent embedded within you. Greatness doesn't fall on people you have to work hard to bring it to pass and you have a choice to make it or to mar it. Look at athlete and footballers they train for hours upon hours preparing for 2minute hundred meters race or ninety minute football session.

Imagine the number of hour invested in training by all the team preparing for the World Cup, they are still training all of them have a training camp. Friend Hope you have pick one thing or the other in this morning class see you in the next class.

Before I leave you don't forget to share your story with us, so we can learn to rely on ourselves and no other person, not even a wife on her husband, children on their parent everybody here has a cross to carry. So carry your own I will carry my own. The book that is guiding us is still Self Reliant by Ralph Waldo Emerson and it is available free of charge from

benabbey2010@gmail.com

Also you can share your story and if these appeal to you don't forget to get your friend to subscribe. see you latter

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Executives Of Commercial Banks Wanted Urgently / Ntts Calling! / Become A Nightlife Africa Photograher - No Experience Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.