Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,453 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? (7308 Views)

The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display / Nokia 7 Plus Sells Out In 5 Minutes In China - GSM Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by tfortony(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2018
Hey fam, I'm back with another tech video and it's the Nokia 7 Plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orlOO0ifDr4

The Nokia 7 Plus is Nokia's first 18 by 9 Android Smartphone and it packs a lot as far as specs go. It was announced in February of 2018 and Launched in March of 2018.

The Nokia 7 Plus, like many other Nokia smartphones is part of the AndroidOne Platform, this comes with benefits like fast Android OS Updates, that Stock Android feel and Security.

In this video, I talk about the features of the Nokia 7 Plus and give you my initial impressions and a quick review.

As far as specs go. the Nokia 7 Plus has a
Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Processor (Clocked at 2.2 and 1.8Ghz on each of the four out of eight cores)

It has a 4GB ram, 64GB Internal Storage expandable to 256GB and 3,800mAh battery.

Camera quality is commendable with multiple customs features (actually the only custom thing on the device) like dual camera modes and pro and portrait mode.

Is it worth it to you?

Pricing;

USD
$399

NGN
₦140,000

Do let me know your thoughts in the comments!

1 Like

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Shalomc(f): 3:11pm On May 05, 2018
Not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by lanre316: 3:56pm On May 05, 2018
Redmi 5 plus has specs not very different from this (snapdragon 625, 4GB RAM 64gb ROM, memory card expandable to 128gb,18:9 screen display ratio, 4000mah battery, high quality camera, Full HD IPS display etc etc) and goes for only 65k (less than 200 dollars) . So it's not worth it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by solelymade: 6:28pm On May 05, 2018
This phone is worth every penny paid for it. Such a revelation!!! Had it 2weeks

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by solelymade: 6:29pm On May 05, 2018
This phone is worth every penny paid for it. Such a revelation!!! Sis, had it 2weeks

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2018
Really worth it. If Samsung A8+ could go for 180k, then a 140k for this device is just too good.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Decale: 7:11pm On May 05, 2018
lanre316:
Redmi 5 plus has specs not very different from this (snapdragon 625, 4GB RAM 64gb ROM, memory card expandable to 128gb,18:9 screen display ratio, 4000mah battery, high quality camera, Full HD IPS display etc etc) and goes for only 65k (less than 200 dollars) . So it's not worth it.

Nope.

Camera on Nokia 7 plus is from their flagship and superior to Redmi

Snapdragon 660 and GPU vs 625 on Xiaomi

USB type C vs Micro USB

Bluetooth 5.0 vs 4.2

Superior build quality and premium design as against Xiaomi

Nokia Warranty

And most likely, the screen will be superior too

140k is pretty normal for mid range phones these days

10 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by lanre316: 7:33pm On May 05, 2018
Decale:

Nope.

Camera on Nokia 7 plus is from their flagship and superior to Redmi

Snapdragon 660 and GPU vs 625 on Xiaomi

USB type C vs Micro USB

Bluetooth 5.0 vs 4.2

Superior build quality and premium design as against Xiaomi

Nokia Warranty

And most likely, the screen will be superior too

140k is pretty normal for mid range phones these days

I can equally list some aspects where Redmi 5 plus outshines Nokia 7 plus, offering close to the same value at half the price. If you want more camera quality and greater processor power and more premium feel, I will pitch Redmi Note 5 Pro (which cost about 90k only) against Nokia 7 plus. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure a 140k Xiaomi phone will blow Nokia 7 plus out of the waters. But no problem. We all have these beautiful things called preferences and choices. As for me, Xiaomi phones is better value for money. Peace.

11 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by abumeinben(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2018
lanre316:

I can equally list some aspects where Redmi 5 plus outshines Nokia 7 plus, offering close to the same value at half the price. If you want more camera quality and greater processor power and more premium feel, I will pitch Redmi Note 5 Pro (which cost about 90k only) against Nokia 7 plus. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure a 140k Xiaomi phone will blow Nokia 7 plus out of the waters. But no problem. We all have these beautiful things called preferences and choices. As for me, Xiaomi phones is better value for money. Peace.

They still don't understand. Tecno started with low quality, low end phones till they got to wherever they are now. Xiaomi came in as low end, hgh quality and it's already making waves. Let's wait for at most 2 years and see what would define phones...quality vs price.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by ObservantFellow: 7:59pm On May 05, 2018
It's Nokia, not some kid brand.
They have the market's attention.
It's only fitting that they put the price on it so some can only dream of using it cool

3 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by ObservantFellow: 8:05pm On May 05, 2018
lanre316:

One thing you have to understand is that Nokia would always have the edge over Xiaomi or some obscure brands when it comes to pricing. That's because they've been around for long as a trusted brand even as it is not handled by Nokia Coporation themselves. HMD paid whatever they did to tap into this grace, so trying to compare it to Xiaomi is really funny.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Decale: 8:47pm On May 05, 2018
lanre316:

You've started whining....

Huawei started like Xiaomi with lower priced phones that felt non-premium and cut corners just to get among the best selling phones. With time, they expanded their Research and Development unit, upped their advert budgets and these costs significantly increased their phone prices. What do we have now? Huawei phones that are priced same or more than Apple and Samsung flagship.

Oppo's premium division, Oneplus started same way, cutting corners and reducing quality control just to give customers raw specs. Now the starting price between Oneplus 1 and 5t can be seen. Oneplus 6 will enter the $600 tag

Xiaomi is a typical example, just as other Chinese OEMS out there that have phones cheaper than Xiaomi with same specs. You can't put a price tag on quality control and premium looks. Xiaomi will increase their phone prices significantly within the next 3 - 4 years and you'll see a mid range phone in the 120 - 140k price tag. You'll leave that and purchase the next OEM (Yiaomi or Ziaomi) and the cycle continues.

9 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by sylvoclair1990: 11:47pm On May 05, 2018
please where and how can i get the redmi 5 plus ?
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Oyeleye101(m): 1:46am On May 06, 2018
sylvoclair1990:
please where and how can i get the redmi 5 plus ?
Goto Xiaomi thread
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by donbenie(m): 6:51am On May 06, 2018
This is Nokia guys..just like iPhones and Galaxys,it comes with a price premium..don't compare it to Xiaomi,brand perception also matters..
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Malocity(m): 7:55am On May 06, 2018
Am using Nokia 2 (the least android) and I love the phone as the day passes bye. Monthly updates on my security patch level. Etc...am just saving for the Nokia 7plus... Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Shalomc(f): 8:16am On May 06, 2018
Malocity:
Am using Nokia 2 (the least android) and I love the phone as the day passes bye. Monthly updates on my security patch level. Etc...am just saving for the Nokia 7plus... Cheers!
Hope you have a roof over your head?!
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Onyenna(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2018
lanre316:

Thank you very much!...

Nokia 7+ ain't worth that amount

3 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Rubiesangel: 11:12am On May 06, 2018
abumeinben:

They still don't understand. Tecno started with low quality, low end phones till they got to wherever they are now. Xiaomi came in as low end, hgh quality and it's already making waves. Let's wait for at most 2 years and see what would define phones...quality vs price.
Xiaomi is not sure, Thats their problem.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by abumeinben(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Xiaomi is not sure, Thats their problem.

I believe they've not discovered the "Nigerian" market yet. They will be wowed.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by iliyande(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2018
Decale:

You've started whining....

Huawei started like Xiaomi with lower priced phones that felt non-premium and cut corners just to get among the best selling phones. With time, they expanded their Research and Development unit, upped their advert budgets and these costs significantly increased their phone prices. What do we have now? Huawei phones that are priced same or more than Apple and Samsung flagship.

Oppo's premium division, Oneplus started same way, cutting corners and reducing quality control just to give customers raw specs. Now the starting price between Oneplus 1 and 5t can be seen. Oneplus 6 will enter the $600 tag

Xiaomi is a typical example, just as other Chinese OEMS out there that have phones cheaper than Xiaomi with same specs. You can't put a price tag on quality control and premium looks. Xiaomi will increase their phone prices significantly within the next 3 - 4 years and you'll see a mid range phone in the 120 - 140k price tag. You'll leave that and purchase the next OEM (Yiaomi or Ziaomi) and the cycle continues.

Can you say the same thing about OnePlus phones? This your theory no get sense bro.

What of the likes of umidigi and co that started not up to years of xiaomi and are already parading some devices more expensive than xiaomi? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Decale: 1:01pm On May 06, 2018
iliyande:

Can you say the same thing about OnePlus phones? This your theory no get sense bro.

What of the likes of umidigi and co that started not up to years of xiaomi and are already parading some devices more expensive than xiaomi? shocked

Lmao.

Oneplus isn't in top 10 best selling brands and they've doubled their starting price. Oneplus 1 starting price was about $320. Oneplus 5T barely 3 years after is selling for $560 before tax. This is because Oneplus sold in numbers and decided to make their flagship more premium. You see the difference in quality from 1 to 5T? Wait for the 6 starting price...

Xiaomi's latest flagship, Mi Mix 2s cut corners from camera to screen to Gorilla glass 4. The phone had to cut cost by borrowing camera and ceramic design from previous flagships. The price is still $550 (about 200k). What do you think would happen if Xiaomi has same ad market as Huawei, AMOLED, All Gorilla glass design, software features, camera R&grin cost, etc etc? You think it'll be 200k? Lol...

Nokia 7 plus at 140k for a mid range and better quality control from a company that has been on the map for 15 years+ is a VERY VERY fair deal. Processor and RAM ain't everything...

1 Like

Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by iliyande(m): 1:13pm On May 06, 2018
Decale:

Lmao.

Oneplus isn't in top 10 best selling brands and they've doubled their starting price. Oneplus 1 starting price was about $320. Oneplus 5T barely 3 years after is selling for $560 before tax. This is because Oneplus sold in numbers and decided to make their flagship more premium. You see the difference in quality from 1 to 5T? Wait for the 6 starting price...

Xiaomi's latest flagship, Mi Mix 2s cut corners from camera to screen to Gorilla glass 4. The phone had to cut cost by borrowing camera and ceramic design from previous flagships. The price is still $550 (about 200k). What do you think would happen if Xiaomi has same market as Huawei, AMOLED, Gorilla glass design, software features, camera R&grin cost, etc etc? You think it'll be 200k? Lol...

Nokia 7 plus at 140k for a mid range and better quality control from a company that has been on the map for 15 years+ is a VERY VERY fair deal. Processor and RAM ain't everything...

Can you prove the bolded part?
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 06, 2018
lanre316:
Bro, this is Nokia not Xiaomi.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by lanre316: 1:26pm On May 06, 2018
androidroot:
Bro, this is Nokia not Xiaomi.

Yes. Agreed. Point taken.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 06, 2018
lanre316:

Yes. Agreed. Point taken.
sarcasm lol, you're funny. Probably you're tired of convincing people hahaha. Btw I'm a Xiaomi fan. All for fun, you're too serious man.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by lanre316: 1:38pm On May 06, 2018
androidroot:
sarcasm lol, you're funny. Probably you're tired of convincing people hahaha. Btw I'm a Xiaomi fun. All for fan, you're too serious man.

LOL. It's not sarcasm. I don't want to troll a Nokia thread with Xiaomi posts. I've already made my point. I don't need to convince anyone. I just need to state what I know about a good alternative to Nokia 7 plus and let people follow their choices and preferences. Yes. All for fun. Life shouldn't be taken too seriously. Thanks bro.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by Decale: 1:48pm On May 06, 2018
iliyande:

Can you prove the bolded part?

Google and YouTube Mi Mix 2s and compare to last year flagships

Even Apple does it in iPads and the iPhone SE. Samsung did in their tabs and budget "expensive"phones. It's not a big deal if Xiaomi decided to cut corner to get the price below $600
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by skywalker240(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2018
Even if i had that money, i aint gonna still buy.
140k is not cheap. 140k should be spent on a high end device. Nokia jst keep getting it wrong.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by skywalker240(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2018
Even if i had that money, i aint gonna still buy.
140k is not cheap. 140k should be spent on a high end device. Nokia jst keep getting it wrong.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by henry007(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2018
It's even 135K at slot. very very worth it.
Re: Is The Nokia 7 Plus Worth ₦140,000? by seselez: 4:08pm On May 07, 2018
solelymade:
This phone is worth every penny paid for it. Such a revelation!!! Had it 2weeks

Pls How is d phone? Does it have issues? I want to buy it that's why am asking. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Powerbank Are You Using? / If You're To Design Your Dream Smartphone.... / Pls How Do I Roll-over My Unused Data On My Etisalat Network? :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.