Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,499 members, 7,850,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC (561 Views)

Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC by denitro(m): 7:57pm On May 20, 2010
Whenever my people call the BBC and try to contribute on air,my heart skips a beat.
Our contributions are sometimes off point. Please can the educated one save us from
embarrassment and  try calling.

Few weeks ago, during a discussion on torture - Should torture be ban?
When I heard it was one of my people, my heart started racing and then the caller didn't
disappoint,

Caller from Nigeria: Torture should not be banned but the name should be changed,
BBC: (Laughing) You mean the use of torture should be continued but the name should be changed. Why?
Caller from Nigeria: Yes. The name Torture is too extreme, they should call it something else like
           Punishment or so.
(Laughter all around the studio)
Call cut
Pleaseeeeeeeee,  Callers give "Nigeria" a break
Re: What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On May 21, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!

I turn down the volume whenever a Nigerian calls in on "World have your say". I am serious, the comments, I have to say are more times embarassing than not. I remember a couple of years ago when the topic was something to do with Road Accidents and some idiot called in to claim there were more accidents in the west than in Nigeria. I seriously went under my desk at work. I felt I had to hide and quick. . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC by bkbabe97: 6:12am On May 21, 2010
Lemme tell u the people calling: MENTALgong, JustBroke4cash, dede1, Wily+Wily. . . Wut the hell u expect?
Re: What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC by metalgong5(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2010
bk/babe97:

Lemme tell u the people calling: MENTALgong, JustBroke4cash, dede1, Wily+Wily. . . Wut the hell u expect?

bk/mumu97 , the illiterate Latino bastar-d , please stop derailing every thread with your incoherrent trash. . . .
Since you can't convey your thoughts in English, you better do so in latin. . . .
Also extend my greetings to your whorish mama's yoruba booty-mate step father.
Re: What Nigerians Say When They Call The BBC by ekpakpo: 7:18am On May 21, 2010
metal-gong:

bk/mumu97 , the illiterate Latino bastar-d , please stop derailing every thread with your incoherrent trash. . . .
Since you can't convey your thoughts in English, you better do so in latin. . . .
Also extend my greetings to your whorish mama's yoruba booty-mate step father.

grin

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Mind And The Need For Its Transformation, Part 2 / Minimum Wage: 10 Things I Can But With N17,000 / Amnesty? Oh Really:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.