Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Must You Die With Jamb? Madness Is Doing Same Thing And Expecting New Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Must You Die With Jamb? Madness Is Doing Same Thing And Expecting New Result (467 Views)

I READ This Secondary School Book And Realised Its The Same thing in Nigeria / Which University Can I Study Medicine With Jamb Score Of 230? / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must You Die With Jamb? Madness Is Doing Same Thing And Expecting New Result by EGRREMAC(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2018
Ignorance is a very deadly disease. However, it becomes more deadly when an ignorant person chooses to remain in the path of ignorance after someone has shown him/her the road to success.

About 1.7million students sit for JAMB every year whereas the total available space for admission into Nigerian universities is not up 700,000. Even if every student meets up with the cutoff marks, only few can be admitted. It is a known fact that if you don't make it at the first attempt, the chances are high that the outcome of your subsequent attempts may be poorer due to the law of diminishing return.

Some students are unlucky that by the time they finally secure the admission after several attempts, the parents may no longer be in good financial state to sponsor their education due to other commitments and general economics situation in the country.
So, why do you have to waste your time struggling with JAMB when there are alternative ways to achieve your dreams.

Some students are too keen about full time university admission when there is opportunity to achieve the same degree on part time basis. There is nothing special about the full time education especially with the current situation of Nigerian economy, where most parents are struggling to meet up with basic family needs. Gone are the days when poor parents sold off their valuables in other to finance the education of their children in hope that when the child graduates he/she will in turn bring them out of poverty. Unfortunately, in this generation, many children have disappointed their parents by not meeting up with their expectations. Some of them still depends on their parents for survival after graduating and not being able to secure employment.

However, if you are into part time studies, you have the opportunity of supporting your parents in funding your education as you can be working while schooling. In fact, your chances of success in life is higher because you will understand the value of money. You will be more determined to succeed than someone else who depends on parents for everything.

My Testimony
I passed out of secondary school in 1990 and wrote my first and the last JAMB examination in 1992 and fortunately for me I got admissions both University and Polytechnics. But unfortunately, my father was an old pensioner who couldn't afford to sponsor my education. My only hope was actually my older half brother who was already a millionaire and doing very well in Lagos. When I presented my admission letter to him, he was surprised that I could made it at first attempt. He congratulated me but made it clear that he couldn't sponsor me unless I have someone else who can contribute 80% of my education expenses, so that he can support with the remaining 20%. It was as if my world was ending but it never did.

The following year, in April, 1993 I secured a clerical job with a Federal Government Parastatal in Lagos after working as a factory worker and later as a Display staff for some months in the old Bata Shop factory at Ojota and at Bata Retail Shop at Broadstreet Lagos respectively.

I never gave up on my dream to be educated, so in 1994 I enrolled for Computer Studies at Lagos City Computer College (now Lagos City Polytechnics) and I graduated with Diploma in Computer Science in 1995. Before embarking on the Computer Study, I approached the same half brother of mine to seek for his support but he still turned me down. I was not discouraged but took the risk to go ahead even with my meager salary which was barely enough to survive with, not to talk about paying my school fees.

Three months into the Computer Studies, the Federal Government under the then Head of State late Gen. Sani Abacha approved 100% salary increase for my organization to prevent a nationwide short down which could have threatened his government. With that salary increase, I was able to complete my computer course without sweat in 1995.

By that time I was already aware that JAMB was not the only way to achieve my dream of being educated.
Therefore, without wasting time, in 1996 I secured admission with Nigerian College of Administration to study for the Professional Qualification Examinations of the Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA). By the grace of God through much determination and commitment, I was able to successfully complete the programmes in 1999 and by 2001, I was inducted into membership of the Chartered Institute of Administration, thus I became a Chartered Administrator.

Before 2001, I was already a senior staff in my organization because I had accelerated promotions as a result of my excellent performances which was due to my continuous acquisition of knowledge and professional skills from Chartered Institute of Administration. Between 1993 when I was employed on grade level 04,(Account Clerk) and year 2000, I had move to grade level 08 (Senior Account Officer) without skipping any grade level. This means that within a space of 7years I was promoted 4 times whereas under normal circumstances it would have taken a minimum of 10years. When I was on level 08, majority of my colleagues that were were employed together on level 04 in 1993 were still on leve 05 because they didn't further their education.

In 2002/2003, I secured admission for my Master Degree (MSc. Finance) with Lagos State University (LASU). I completed the programme in 2005 and graduated in 2006.

As at 2006 when I had my Master degree and was already on Managerial level in a Federal Government Parastatal, majority of my school mates who also secured University admission in 1992 and had sponsors unlike myself, have not been able to secure a good employment after graduating not to talk about pursuing a second degree.

By the grace of God, as at 2013 when my organization was privatised, I was already a Senior Management staff. I worked with the private company for two years before I finally resigned my appointment in December 2015 to pursue my Professional Career further.

Today, I am a director in two different companies, a Professional Consultant and a Certified Trainer without passing through JAMB.

My question to you then is, why must you allow your dreams to died with JAMB or JAMBA?

The goodnews for you is that with the Chartered Institute of Administration, you can now achieve a Professional Qualification and BSc degrees at the same time within 3years and still go for NYSC if you are still within the age limit.

Be Wise!!!

If you know anyone who desires to pursue a career in administration related disciplines, please, be kind enough to share this goodnews with him/her.

Thank you.

Administrator Solomon
08099835044 (voice call or WhatsApp)

Re: Why Must You Die With Jamb? Madness Is Doing Same Thing And Expecting New Result by Thegamingorca(m): 11:26pm On May 06, 2018
Whom do you think you are trying to discourage?

Mr man park well
Re: Why Must You Die With Jamb? Madness Is Doing Same Thing And Expecting New Result by EGRREMAC(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2018
Are you a wounded JAMBITE? Sorry o, but you have a choice; to die with JAMB or take advantage of better opportunity.

Choose wisely.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Official Cut-off Mark For 2018 | Cut-off Mark For All Institutions / Fulbright Foreign Student Program In USA (fully Paid Scholarship) / Teaching English To New Learners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.