Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna (511 Views)

2023: Babachir Says No APC Member Has The Right To Stop Tinubu From Contesting / Falana: No APC-Controlled State Is Fighting Corruption, Except Kano / Federal High Court Rules That There Was No APC Congress In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna by voiceoftheupcom: 6:35am On May 07, 2018
SENATOR SANI: NO APC CONGRESS IN KADUNA
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/05/senator-sani-no-apc-congress-in-kaduna.html

The senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, has observed that the All Progressives Congress, APC, ward congress slated for Saturday did not take place in Kaduna.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, Making his observation at Abuja, venue of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Press Freedom Awards on Saturday night, he said, “I am just coming back from my state where party congresses was supposed to hold, there was no party congress.”
In a paper entitled; “Good Governance and Nation Building”, the lawmaker said that there was an onslaught against freedom of the press.
He stated, “Still the media is being seen as the enemy. I think what you should do is to remain firm to your ethics. Do everything possible to report event as it is.”
Sani, who is the chairman of the Senate Committee on foreign debts, explained that in the past, news was slow to reach the readers, pointing out that the social media has now changed the dynamics.
“In those days we wait for a week to read analysis and wait for the day to break to read news.
“In those days, you don’t see the bodies of people dismembered. But now images are splashed everywhere on social media,” he explained.
The Senator said that the only reason the media still remains relevant was because it is the only place you can read news without doubts.
He observed that without press freedom, you cannot have a democracy that is truly democratic.
“You have a duty to ensure the electoral body does its job as expected,” Sani charged journalists.

Re: Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna by princeade86(m): 6:41am On May 07, 2018
power battle power.
Re: Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:52am On May 07, 2018
The regular trademark of apc is violent, tears and blood. What a pity. Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.
Re: Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna by SadiqBabaSani: 7:02am On May 07, 2018
Dani is learning, Devil El rufAi is a rufian
Re: Senator Sani: No Apc Congress In Kaduna by overall90: 7:16am On May 07, 2018
My only worry with all these woeful tales coming from the APC failed Congresses is that if they can treat themselves like this,one begins to wonder how they will treat other political parties during the main election.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Turn To Propaganda Poster Boy, PDP Tells Osinbajo / Why The E-voting Introduced By Kaduna State Government Is The Best. / Gov Umahi: I Have No Pact With Sen. Anyim; Speaks On Alleged Suspension From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.